MC_Forward50

All Australian
Feb 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NYI, NYK, NYJ
Interesting comment by Bomber tonight on AFL 360

Personally i love playing bombers and wish we played them twice every year, my family is split between north and the dons so it creates a fierce rivalry at home.

I would have taken it as a given that this week is vital to both teams, however for bomber to publicly state that this is "their grand final" makes it feel like they have pencilled this game for a few weeks as a the game to win.

Our past seasons have seen us fail in games that have been hyped up, this year however i feel that we have really stood up in the hyped up games (saints,crows,carlton were all hyped up)

Im confident of a tough close game, anyone nervous?

Nervous, but not as nervous as in previous years. (Saints last year, Dons game in 2010).

Felt very unneasy about that game the whole week leading up.

I actually feel confident this week, if we had JZ playing i wouldnt be concerned at all

a lot more nervous as this is basically an elimination final

Always nervous.

I expect they need to do some serious work on intensity as coaches, the team must have been left very flat after their letdown against the Crows.

Thompson mentioned that they were upbeat after the game as they showed noticeable improvement against previous weeks and the showed intensity for the ball which has been lacking.

They were impressive, almost betting the Crows at home in a finals like game. Of course they come at us just as hard and its a must win for us too. We'll see where we're at thats for sure. Cmon rooboys, pumped!

... my family is split between north and the dons so it creates a fierce rivalry at home.

monkey2manfinallarge.jpg

Felt very unneasy about that game the whole week leading up.

I actually feel confident this week, if we had JZ playing i wouldnt be concerned at all

I still am mad we can't deploy JZ on them. He'd have a field day.

Someone should photoshop that pic I posted with the monkey in Essendon colours blurring into a fully developed North human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thompson trying to deflect away from their injury crisis and hyping up the game in order for their 2nd stringers to really lift etc. This ain't no 'grand final', either side can lose and still end up making the finals.

a lot more nervous as this is basically an elimination final
I don't get why people say this?
Yes, it's a huge game, and we never like being beaten by Essendon, but there are three games to go after this, and we are on 11 wins. 14 wins is still a possibility, let alone 13.

We will have the better 22 on the park.

If we show up, we win.

Every game for the last 8 weeks has been huge for us and every game for rest of the year is big for most clubs around finals or around the top 4 mark so I don't know what Bomber is trying to prove by saying that. We can't afford to go into any game thinking it's easy or not as big as others so good luck to Essendon if they think they have TANKED for the last 3 weeks just to get themselves up for us then good luck to them. I think we are the better side and will get the job done.

Thompson trying to deflect away from their injury crisis and hyping up the game in order for their 2nd stringers to really lift etc. This ain't no 'grand final', either side can lose and still end up making the finals.

If we lose which I don't think will happen it just means the Fremantle game is an elimination game even if we do beat Collingwood it really doesn't matter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back