AFL 360....VFL 360

flamingEMBERS

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol
'
360, Footy Classified and Talking Footy are for a national audience. The victorian media often double as the national media and really struggle to differentiate between the two. the heck do i care if these clubs are on the news or in the papers over there, but national audiences need to be weighted accordingly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
tbf Melbourne kicked the highest score of any team this season last week and equalled the alltime record for inside 50s in a game.

Not one footy program mentioned them all week.

Anti-Melbourne bias? Nah there are just bigger stories and flavour of the weeks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ned_Flanders

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....
The game is last game of the round, it's Gunna get more coverage closer to the day. Esp with the off field dramas this week

WCErevival

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 28, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Reading FC
I dont know why "interstate" club supporters persist watching these shows and complain about it. They aren't going to change.

doppleganger

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Like with most media, much better to run with scandal and outrage and bad news.

Tribunal outage, a coach being sacked, some ridiculous sledging story all going to get a run before a wow this team is going well.

NicNat tackle was all the rage the other week.

There isn’t any story in just talking up a team playing well.

Kwality

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tootgarook
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1
On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol
360 suggests all ..... WA or Vic papers are local, Channel 7 news is local, as is radio through the week, no comparison to Fox which aspires to a national coverage, certainly not just the 3 postcode.

How are the ratings?

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....
Champ, settle down.

360 usually works like:
Monday - round wrap up/tribunal speculation/injury.
Tuesday - tribunal results
Wednesday - whatever clubs are shit/ scandals
Thursday - look ahead to the next round

Teams arent done until Thursday night - little point looking ahead until the teams are in.
Have a watch tonight.

I dont deny that vic teams get most airtime but WCE have been getting a lot of praise lately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell Madness

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 17, 2006
???
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Miami Dolphins(NFL)
They should be able to cover all 9 games over 3 days. Allow leway so they can put the priority games (where incidents have happened, or a team has issues) so they could be reviewed on the Monday. Review the last of the games by Wednesday, and Thursday as a round preview

I'd actually watch it then, rather than hearing gossip for an entire week. If I wanted that is watch TMZ

captain cotch 9

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Jets
Why should Victoria media cover the WA teams?
If they talked about the 2 WA teams the supporters of the Vic teams would switch off and they would loose viewers.
Get your own TV shows or stfu haha.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
Apr 24, 2013
inside your head
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants

How's actively seeking out reasons to be outraged working out for you?

Damon_3388

Hall of Famer
Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
They should be able to cover all 9 games over 3 days. Allow leway so they can put the priority games (where incidents have happened, or a team has issues) so they could be reviewed on the Monday. Review the last of the games by Wednesday, and Thursday as a round preview

I'd actually watch it then, rather than hearing gossip for an entire week. If I wanted that is watch TMZ
I don't think 360 is intended to be a game review/preview show. There's plenty of other shows that do that, but 360 largely exists to discuss the stories and scandals and implications of XYZ result.

HairyO

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
First 5 minutes on Monday night was about Darling, wasnt it?

Top Bottom