AFL 360....VFL 360

Remove this Banner Ad

On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol
'
360, Footy Classified and Talking Footy are for a national audience. The victorian media often double as the national media and really struggle to differentiate between the two. the heck do i care if these clubs are on the news or in the papers over there, but national audiences need to be weighted accordingly.

tbf Melbourne kicked the highest score of any team this season last week and equalled the alltime record for inside 50s in a game.

Not one footy program mentioned them all week.

Anti-Melbourne bias? Nah there are just bigger stories and flavour of the weeks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....

The game is last game of the round, it's Gunna get more coverage closer to the day. Esp with the off field dramas this week

Like with most media, much better to run with scandal and outrage and bad news.

Tribunal outage, a coach being sacked, some ridiculous sledging story all going to get a run before a wow this team is going well.

NicNat tackle was all the rage the other week.

There isn’t any story in just talking up a team playing well.

On the flip side, how much attention do Victorian sides get in WA Newspapers or on Chan 7 news etc??

It works both ways lol

360 suggests all ..... WA or Vic papers are local, Channel 7 news is local, as is radio through the week, no comparison to Fox which aspires to a national coverage, certainly not just the 3 postcode.

How are the ratings?

I admit to being biased. As a West Australian I come fully equipped with a chip on the shoulder. As an expat working overseas I've been really disappointed with the media coverage for MY team. 1 versus 2 this far into the season would normally warrant a discussion....tonight just a throw away sentence from Whateley at the end. Big focus though on pushing Woosha from Essendon....

Champ, settle down.

360 usually works like:
Monday - round wrap up/tribunal speculation/injury.
Tuesday - tribunal results
Wednesday - whatever clubs are s**t/ scandals
Thursday - look ahead to the next round

Teams arent done until Thursday night - little point looking ahead until the teams are in.
Have a watch tonight.

I dont deny that vic teams get most airtime but WCE have been getting a lot of praise lately.

They should be able to cover all 9 games over 3 days. Allow leway so they can put the priority games (where incidents have happened, or a team has issues) so they could be reviewed on the Monday. Review the last of the games by Wednesday, and Thursday as a round preview

I'd actually watch it then, rather than hearing gossip for an entire week. If I wanted that is watch TMZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game is last game of the round, it's Gunna get more coverage closer to the day. Esp with the off field dramas this week
not be mention all day Monday

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Why should Victoria media cover the WA teams?
If they talked about the 2 WA teams the supporters of the Vic teams would switch off and they would loose viewers.
Get your own TV shows or stfu haha.

How's actively seeking out reasons to be outraged working out for you?

They should be able to cover all 9 games over 3 days. Allow leway so they can put the priority games (where incidents have happened, or a team has issues) so they could be reviewed on the Monday. Review the last of the games by Wednesday, and Thursday as a round preview

I'd actually watch it then, rather than hearing gossip for an entire week. If I wanted that is watch TMZ

I don't think 360 is intended to be a game review/preview show. There's plenty of other shows that do that, but 360 largely exists to discuss the stories and scandals and implications of XYZ result.

First 5 minutes on Monday night was about Darling, wasnt it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back