AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

You mean that's what they pay you to drink it?
Heck no ;)
Nearly spat out my $9.20 super dry when i saw someone pay that for a draught can!
Fathoms me when you see guys get right on the beers sinking 6 + at those prices.
Granted i had some decent sessions at AAMI and that then was a rip off

To have a big night at the footy, even for a guy of smaller stature such as myself it's at least a $60 night in 3 hours.

Ridiculous.

Prices of food at sporting events, movie theatres and airports are outrageous shock horror
Drugs Are Bad Mackay? I'll buy 2 beers at the game but my go to routine now is Combo Viet Roll + pack of cold rolls from mawson lakes chuck in my cooler bag $12 and I'm sorted. SMA get under $20 in food and beverage from me :D

But spot on with the airport flew redeye to Sydney for work recently breakfast on the go ham and cheese crossaint $9.50 :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Capture.PNG

The Adelaide Oval effect.

Our top 20 highest crowds in the home and away season. (16 Adelaide oval, 4 AAMI) By the end of the year they'll be another 4-5 I reckon. Great thing about the list that their are 10 different opponents. Naturally Port figure mostly (5 times) but it shows how consistent we are as a supporter base.

Last edited:
View attachment 359179

The Adelaide Oval effect. Our top 20 highest crowds in the home and away season. (16 Adelaide oval, 4 AAMI) By the end of the year they'll be another 4-5 I reckon. Great thing about the list that their are 9 different opponents. Naturally Port figure mostly (5 times) but it shows how consistent we are as a supporter base.

Potential record crowds: (to go into top 20)

Round 16: Friday night vs Dogs
Round 18: Friday night vs Cats
Round 22: Friday night vs Swans

Our Saturday night games are a bit poo compared to that. Dees and Freo (plus last wek's Dons game). Also have the Hawks on a Thursday night

Shame the AFL give Port the Saturday night Showdowns and we get lumped with the Sunday twilight.... we'd smash the overall record and fill every damn seat and every metre on the hill if we were kissed on the you know what with that fixture

Our Saturday night games are a bit poo compared to that. Dees and Freo (plus last wek's Dons game). Also have the Hawks on a Thursday night

Shame the AFL give Port the Saturday night Showdowns and we get lumped with the Sunday twilight.... we'd smash the overall record and fill every damn seat and every metre on the hill if we were kissed on the you know what with that fixture
It's a pity the Richmond game is late on Sunday arvo, it'll stop a lot of their supporters coming over. It's worthy of a packed house and a stand alone game.

Shame the AFL give Port the Saturday night Showdowns and we get lumped with the Sunday twilight.... we'd smash the overall record and fill every damn seat and every meter on the hill if we were kissed on the you know what with that fixture
In fairness they've given us 4 Friday night games this season which is great plus the Thursday night game against Hawthorn. I think the Richmond game has the potential to be a 50k game, might be a bit of a stretch but good chance both teams will be 5-0 and richmond will bring a good fan base over.

View attachment 359179

The Adelaide Oval effect. Our top 20 highest crowds in the home and away season. (16 Adelaide oval, 4 AAMI) By the end of the year they'll be another 4-5 I reckon. Great thing about the list that their are 9 different opponents. Naturally Port figure mostly (5 times) but it shows how consistent we are as a supporter base.
I've been to five of those games. The best was the high scoring thriller against Sydney last year!

51,069 on a Sunday twilight illustrates the need for a further increase in capacity. 6th highest attendance in our history plus our 11th 50k at Adelaide oval

51,069 on a Sunday twilight illustrates the need for a further increase in capacity. 6th highest attendance in our history plus our 11th 50k at Adelaide oval
I don't think so. Crowd averages are already down. Tickets will be hard to get for the rest of the year as we're up and about, but that won't last forever.

If we sustained a 48k and above average for a few years you'd have to ask the question but it's too early to make this decision. The shine has already worn off a little and imo it still has a way to go.

Better a near packed house every week than a 1/2 to 3/4 full house.

I
I don't think so. Crowd averages are already down. Tickets will be hard to get for the rest of the year as we're up and about, but that won't last forever.

If we sustained a 48k and above average for a few years you'd have to ask the question but it's too early to make this decision. The shine has already worn off a little and imo it still has a way to go.

Better a near packed house every week than a 1/2 to 3/4 full house.
Certainly disagree averages are down. there better at this stage than 2014 and 2015 season and slightly less than last season. The shine part as well i disagree, it was out 6th highest attended game in our history on Sunday plus the Essendon was our highest crowd against them bar the elimination final in 2009. I'm not asking for a brand new stand and a 20,000 increase, i would only want at best 8,000. Portable stands at the northern end would be a good start.

Certainly disagree averages are down. there better at this stage than 2014 and 2015 season and slightly less than last season. The shine part as well i disagree, it was out 6th highest attended game in our history on Sunday plus the Essendon was our highest crowd against them bar the elimination final in 2009. I'm not asking for a brand new stand and a 20,000 increase, i would only want at best 8,000. Portable stands at the northern end would be a good start.

Just out of interest, anyone have an idea on what capacity would be if there was a riverbank stand size stand where the hill is?

On the Northern Mound there is seating for 3,000 and standing room for 3,500. Total 6,500 capacity.
The Riverbank Stand has 14,000 seats.

Say for some reason in the future they are allowed to remove the protected trees, and the old scoreboard, and built a stand the same as the Southern End stand to fill in the Northern end of the ground, you'd only raise the capacity from 53,500 to 61,000. Not really worth IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back