Roast AFL admits umps wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about this, the more I love Dimma's response

Didn't actually complain about it, but knew they were wrong so said enough so the AFL were forced to say as much.

Here here. Not many times a simple honest statement by one man can bring a corrupt, immoral and all powerful corporation to admit its mistakes.

It's their fault we only made finals like five times in thirty something seasons. Ridiculous.

Ok there were a few times we were shafted, but seriously let's stop making excuses. We should have done those cheating blose by a thousand points and then the umps would have had zero influence. I would rather not hear about the maggots.

It's their fault we only made finals like five times in thirty something seasons. Ridiculous.

Ok there were a few times we were shafted, but seriously let's stop making excuses. We should have done those cheating blose by a thousand points and then the umps would have had zero influence. I would rather not hear about the maggots.
Why do we deserve to be shafted though , fmd the afl should love us for what we do for the game , we are the afl publicity machine , period

Why do we deserve to be shafted though , fmd the afl should love us for what we do for the game , we are the afl publicity machine , period

Who said we were shafted?
Get over it.

Why whinge all year, all your life.

Suck it up, we won.
Enjoy it, don't hate.
In case you haven't noticed this is a footy forum where people can vent their anger and show their elation. If you don't want to do so then good for you. But you are not a moderator and have no position to tell posters what they can or cannot post.

Do you understand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case you haven't noticed this is a footy forum where people can vent their anger and show their elation. If you don't want to do so then good for you. But you are not a moderator and have no position to tell posters what they can or cannot post.

Do you understand?

Your name supports your ideas.

It's better to blame the umpires than the faults we made. I understand your view.

The afl said they made errors for Carlton, I would like to know their thoughts on that one given the way they ‘interperted’ The rule all night,

Sorry but this is bordering on cheating, or dare I say matchfixing

Theory breaking down a little. Couple of absolute howlers in Dees/Cats game. Or there’s some cash on there too

It's better to blame the umpires than the faults we made. I understand your view.
You have a very simplistic thought process. You do realise that umpire errors and whether we played well or not are mutually exclusive?

You have a very simplistic thought process. You do realise that umpire errors and whether we played well or not are mutually exclusive?

What a shocking, shocking opening round they've had. Just terrible. And the way the commentators try to protect them makes me sick.

I reckon in one quarter of watching the Swans game there could have been seven 50m frees for encroachment that they could have paid if they wanted to but just made it a purely selective "hmmm must be time to pay one" exercise.

Ffs....the application of that rule is barely if ever needed but Hocking and these AFL aholes have done heir usual trick of making dicks of themselves by going absurd with something before undoubtedly forgeting about it 2 weeks later.

Note: Leigh Fisher. That guy is such a total flog that he was sitting on the bench as the reserve umpire in the Geelong game wearing a set of sweat bands on both wrists. No wonder he's such a turd of an umpire. A total poonce.

What a shocking, shocking opening round they've had. Just terrible. And the way the commentators try to protect them makes me sick.

I reckon in one quarter of watching the Swans game there could have been seven 50m frees for encroachment that they could have paid if they wanted to but just made it a purely selective "hmmm must be time to pay one" exercise.

Ffs....the application of that rule is barely if ever needed but Hocking and these AFL aholes have done heir usual trick of making dicks of themselves by going absurd with something before undoubtedly forgeting about it 2 weeks later.

Note: Leigh Fisher. That guy is such a total flog that he was sitting on the bench as the reserve umpire in the Geelong game wearing a set of sweat bands on both wrists. No wonder he's such a turd of an umpire. A total poonce.
Only watched our game over the weekend. How was the encroachment rule officiated in other games?

Only watched our game over the weekend. How was the encroachment rule officiated in other games?

There were one or two handed out in some of the other games, but to nowhere near the level of our game.

But again, even in the other games the commentators, players and fans were all left wondering "WTF ?" half the time, especially when at nearly every mark, an opposition player would be running down the field in the same manner and yet no 50m would be paid. It almost seemed as if they just wanted to pay the odd one to make a point rather than anything consistently being applied correctly under the rules.

The whole round was an appalling display of umpiring, not just the absurd 50m encroachment but other terrible interpretations. One umpire yesterday in the Geelong game when explaining his sh*t decision actually made a rule up that doesnt even exist !!

Field umps should work full time. Pay em 80k plus 3k per game, and more for finals. Make it a viable career option to increase competition for good umps.

It’s not just competence though. I have a very small amount of sympathy for them when they are told to interpret rules differently, have to deal with constant rules changes and meddling in how they should umpire from the AFL.

They also have to deal with this HTB interpretation including prior opportunity, push in the back and now this protected zone bullshit. I have no problems with the odd mistake being made but the inconsistency is the most frustrating element of the game.

the league needs to sort out the rules for one and give the umps a much simpler rules framework to umpire within. The standard would improve off the back of that alone

It’s not just competence though. I have a very small amount of sympathy for them when they are told to interpret rules differently, have to deal with constant rules changes and meddling in how they should umpire from the AFL.

They also have to deal with this HTB interpretation including prior opportunity, push in the back and now this protected zone bullshit. I have no problems with the odd mistake being made but the inconsistency is the most frustrating element of the game.

the league needs to sort out the rules for one and give the umps a much simpler rules framework to umpire within. The standard would improve off the back of that alone
The rules are not at all helpful, or conducive to consistency. They too should be overhauled. The whole sport needs a review top to bottom. Having the whole sport being the same body as the highest competition is stupid imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back