AFL & AFLW - Vaccination Policy (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Goroyals22

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Possible preview of AFL season 2022? The two states that are open and 'living with Covid'.
You would hope the AFL have a policy already sorted and ready to be released before the season starts but knowing them they will hope for the best and then knee jerk reaction the season. This is going to be a weekly issue when the season starts so its easy to foresee.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
You would hope the AFL have a policy already sorted and ready to be released before the season starts but knowing them they will hope for the best and then knee jerk reaction the season. This is going to be a weekly issue when the season starts so its easy to foresee.
An organisation that can't even decide list sizes and salary caps before the end of the trade period? Yeah, not much faith in them getting their sh*t together ahead of time for inevitable Covid cases. You're on the money with them hoping for the best and make it up as they go.

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
1. Because these types of mrna drugs have never passed the FDA standards before the emergency use

2 the long term side effects of these vaccine are <unknown>

3 Pfizer did a deal with Israel that they would get first use if they gave them all the data collected turning their country into an experiment.

4 under emergency use pharmaceutical companies were immune to any liabilities from their product.
All information based on your "research" and not confirmed facts as you have presented above.
No I don't need to see your myriad of articles and internet searches that fit your narrative on vaccines, mandates etc

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, not much faith in them getting their sh*t together ahead of time for inevitable Covid cases.
I know its popular to be Anti AFL on most things, but they have done pretty well to get a season completed in the past 2 seasons, handling lockdowns and crowd restrictions pretty well.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
I know its popular to be Anti AFL on most things, but they have done pretty well to get a season completed in the past 2 seasons, handling lockdowns and crowd restrictions pretty well.
Fair call, they’ve been great at flexing on the run to keep things going but I still don't think they’re great at planning ahead of bad scenarios e.g. playing Round 1 in 2020 when every man and his dog knew a competition suspension was imminent.

Eastern Rangers

2015 Worsfold Medalist - Rowen Powell
Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
I don’t mind the banter on this thread. Everyone has a different perspective and opinion. I wouldn’t know about myocarditis if it were not for Moose1414.

If any cares for it, have a read of the sackler story. It’s related to pharmaceutical companies marketing of OxyContin.

I got myocarditis from a Salmonella infection last year. Pretty rare. Was blowing really hard and had chest pain and pain down my arm.

Doctors checked me for covid with it being a common side effect for men in their 30's. Nobody checked my poop until my GP got curious after I had colitis-like symptoms alongside a sausage toe in the aftermath.

Viral myocarditis is much more common than people realise and if you're worried about it the vaccine is a safer option.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Eastern Rangers

2015 Worsfold Medalist - Rowen Powell
Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
A Pfizer drug also cured my reactive arthritis in my metatarsal and distal joints in my left big toe. Went from crippling inflammation & pain to symptom and drug free in 18 months.

I'm skepital of big pharma for sure but I'm thoroughly invested in substantive medical science and it's real dividends.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
A Pfizer drug also cured my reactive arthritis in my metatarsal and distal joints in my left big toe. Went from crippling inflammation & pain to symptom and drug free in 18 months.

I'm skepital of big pharma for sure but I'm thoroughly invested in substantive medical science and it's real dividends.

Pfizer should be well known and regarded by men everywhere anyway for their contribution to...ummm, men's sexual health.

But when it's vaccines, oh no, cannot trust what sh*t they put in it!

Get_The_Gaff

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
All information based on your "research" and not confirmed facts as you have presented above.
No I don't need to see your myriad of articles and internet searches that fit your narrative on vaccines, mandates etc
Good work land line. Give yourself a pat on the back for your savvy internet response no one asked you for

Rowan18

Premiership Player
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
It makes you wonder at what point we actually start living with covid, rather than keep testing everything and freaking out when someone has a case. I suspect we've got one more interrupted season to get through before enough people have been exposed for us to move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get_The_Gaff

Club Legend
Apr 4, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad