Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To break it down to basics:

You want the shot: yes

You want the shot: no

Really don’t understand why a choice can become an argument in a democratic society.
Well because Covid is impacting everyone. We are relying on people to get vaccinated to get back to normal operation. When people are choosing not to get vaccinated with no legitimate reason then its obviously going to cause issues.

I mean getting vaccinated is basically a no brainer. I dont think there would be any other animal species that would choose not to increase its survivability given the chance.

You should also agree with the statement that if someone is an alcoholic they too should go to the back of the queue for medical treatments.
And if someone smokes they too should go to the back of the queue.
And of someone is morbidly obese they too should go to the back of the queue.

Right?
Yes.

If I’m donating a liver I’d rather it go to a sick kid or some bloke dealt a bad medical hand than an alcoholic that burned through his liver by choice.

To break it down to basics:

You want the shot: yes

You want the shot: no

Really don’t understand why a choice can become an argument in a democratic society.
Because the freedom to choose does not equal a freedom from consequence.

I can choose to drive 200km an hour the wrong way down the street in a school zone. The argument “it was my choice” would not and should not fly in that situation.

I chose to do it. There are consequences, in this case getting pulled over/fined, and potentially much much worse. I still made the choice. I wasn’t absolved of all fallout of the choice.

I can choose to root the secretary too, but you explain to the missus that it was just a choice and we live in a democracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well because Covid is impacting everyone. We are relying on people to get vaccinated to get back to normal operation. When people are choosing not to get vaccinated with no legitimate reason then its obviously going to cause issues.

I mean getting vaccinated is basically a no brainer. I dont think there would be any other animal species that would choose not to increase its survivability given the chance.
IMG_4354.jpg

What about Bob's a selfish campaigner because he could have got vaccinated which would help stop the spread of a deadly virus, likely keep him out of hospital using a bed that could be otherwise occupied (or preferably unoccupied) and also protect those people in society who can't actually get vaccinated for various medical reasons?

Yeah it does...

"When people are choosing not to get vaccinated with no legitimate reason then its obviously going to cause issues."
In relation to lock downs, border closures is what I was getting at. They are not contributing to getting everyone to a high vaccinated level. This is what is going to upset people. Just keeps us longer under restrictions.

What about Bob's a selfish campaigner because he could have got vaccinated which would help stop the spread of a deadly virus, likely keep him out of hospital using a bed that could be otherwise occupied (or preferably unoccupied) and also protect those people in society who can't actually get vaccinated for various medical reasons?

Well considering the fact that it's been expressed over and over again in media reports and premiers press conferences and by the experts that being vaccinated doesn't stop you getting or spreading the virus it's irrelevant whether you are or not in terms of spreading it.

There are a lot of things people do that could be pointed out as selfish and hurting the community and clogging hospital beds like smoking, drinking and obesity but they aren't being targeted.

The health problems as a result of abuse of these things clogs up hospital beds but people aren't mandating against them right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back