Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they work with ticketmaster to create a centralised way to upload your vaccine status online, rather than check it at the gate. It's going to be a massive pain if you need to QR scan, show vaccine passport and then show tickets.

Highlights why vaccine passports will probably be forgotten for most places in 6 months. Too much trouble trying to check them all the time.

That could be easily solved by linking your vaccine status to the safe WA app

But that would require forethought

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice to know there is still an out if people every get sick of making money and burying loved ones.

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Interesting article on AZ pertaining to earlier statements from AZ chief Pascal Soriot on boosters:

"Early data did indeed suggest that AstraZeneca was better at triggering T-cell immunity than Pfizer.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wo...-with-vaccinate-mandates-20211121-p59apz.html
In April, the University of Birmingham found that five weeks after a first dose, people over 80 given AstraZeneca or Pfizer showed similar antibody responses, but double the T-cell response was observed in the AstraZeneca group. The strength of the T-cell response was also three times as high as it was for the Pfizer group.

By mid-June, Oxford University researchers had found there was still a robust T-cell response from the AstraZeneca jab at six months even after a single dose, despite big drops in antibody immunity."

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It’s almost as if no one wanted to watch a 17 minute YouTube video posted with zero context provided.

You definitely shouldn't watch it. [assuming you didn't and just don't want to grapple with inconvenient data about the horse paste]

Context: Japan seems to have cured itself of delta. They are less vaccinated than us and it was the middle of winter and there was skyrocketing cases like the rest of the northern hemisphere then cases dropped like a stone to near zero. Some are saying that the virus mutated itself into a dead end. Some are saying that the Japanese have a genetic marker that makes them immune to covid suddenly 2 years in. And some find it an odd coincidence that ivermectin started to officially unofficially be used as a treatment immediately before the fall off. Its a wonderful mystery, and an enjoyable video. Even the joyless cynics among you could well just appreciate a real life miracle. Maybe god's responsible, anyway you cut it its a win and fingers crossed we have a similar miracle in 2022 when we live with covid.

MrKK

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2012
City of churches
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sturt, Southampton FC, LSU
Interesting article on AZ pertaining to earlier statements from AZ chief Pascal Soriot on boosters:

"Early data did indeed suggest that AstraZeneca was better at triggering T-cell immunity than Pfizer.
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/wo...-with-vaccinate-mandates-20211121-p59apz.html
In April, the University of Birmingham found that five weeks after a first dose, people over 80 given AstraZeneca or Pfizer showed similar antibody responses, but double the T-cell response was observed in the AstraZeneca group. The strength of the T-cell response was also three times as high as it was for the Pfizer group.

By mid-June, Oxford University researchers had found there was still a robust T-cell response from the AstraZeneca jab at six months even after a single dose, despite big drops in antibody immunity."

It would be on-brand for our federal government to burn the vaccine that ultimately turns out to be the best when all's said and done.

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
It would be on-brand for our federal government to burn the vaccine that ultimately turns out to be the best when all's said and done.

The AZ is not for profit, hows a government supposed to deal with a rogue CEO like Soriot? He was anti-booster ffs. Said he wanted to wait for more data.. its madness!

It’s almost as if no one wanted to watch a 17 minute YouTube video posted with zero context provided.

Why is it that rambling Youtube videos and theories from Uncle Bill have suddenly become a more pertinent source of information than government and scientific advice? Have that many people deluded themselves into becoming experts in areas that they have zero f***ing clue about?

I guess that explains the climate change skepticism movement too.

Georgie 404

All Australian
Jul 4, 2017
Smollettville
AFL Club
West Coast
After we get the vax mandate sorted can we have a umbrella mandate ? I really wanted to go to the pro vaccine and anti fascist rally last weekend but noticed their was people out and about without umbrellas!! Weather forecast was storm etc etc
How am I suppose to keep dry and safe if everyone else isn’t using umbrellas??!!
I have a brand new *Claytons Umbrella :)

The umbrella hesitant and anti umbrellists need to stop being so brainwashed by conspiracy theorists and crazy talk. I think we need a umbrella mandate to keep us safe and dry. Because we’re all in this together!

*please note
Claytons Umbrella is actually not an umbrella
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella does not keep one safe nor dry
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, comes with no warranty from manufacturer
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and that comes with no warranty from manufacturer no longer works
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and that comes with no warranty from manufacturer and that no longer works needs a Claytons Booster Umbrella for Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and comes with no warranty from manufacturer and no longer works.

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
After we get the vax mandate sorted can we have a umbrella mandate ? I really wanted to go to the pro vaccine and anti fascist rally last weekend but noticed their was people out and about without umbrellas!! Weather forecast was storm etc etc
How am I suppose to keep dry and safe if everyone else isn’t using umbrellas??!!

The umbrella hesitant and anti umbrellists need to stop being so brainwashed by conspiracy theorists and crazy talk. I think we need a umbrella mandate to keep us safe and dry. Because we’re all in this together!

*please note
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella does not keep one safe nor dry
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, comes with no warranty from manufacturer
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and that comes with no warranty from manufacturer no longer works
Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and that comes with no warranty from manufacturer and that no longer works needs a Claytons Booster Umbrella for Claytons Umbrella that is actually not an umbrella and does not keep one safe nor dry, and comes with no warranty from manufacturer and no longer works.
Why is it that for such a self acclaimed "free thinker" you are soo utterly predictable.

*please note
It’s never, ever, been suggested by anyone, ever, that being around other people with umbrellas will provide you with additional protection from rain.

Which I guess makes that a Clayton’s Analogy.

Smotie2

All Australian
Jun 26, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Why is it that rambling Youtube videos and theories from Uncle Bill have suddenly become a more pertinent source of information than government and scientific advice? Have that many people deluded themselves into becoming experts in areas that they have zero f***ing clue about?

I guess that explains the climate change skepticism movement too.

I'm just wondering when the masses started trusting governments to act in our best interests.

Because they have never lied and scammed the population before have they?

I mean when the so called health advice is unvaccinated can't stand up in a pub but the vaccinated can you seriously have to question things surely lol.

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry, can't resist some off topic fun this morning. Crazy what *footballers* in other codes will do for a free kick these days, the opposite player is no-where near him lol. This would be what, a fine or suspension in AFL?

Moose1414

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
And this guy thinks its 2018, seems to be trying to lure [pun intended] the ump in doing the silly salmon challenge

What are they smoking over there on the continent?

Also it shouldn’t need saying but apparently it does. If you’re posting videos of people getting injured/sick/in some way suffering, and framing it as a fun little moment because you think it ‘helps’ the team you’ve picked in this stupid race, please get in the bin.

Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
So another fun little moment for you guys.
Vaccine hesitancy (specifically for the covid vax) in the state has dropped to an all time low, as of last week only 5.3% of the state are either not willing (1.8%) or not sure (3.6%). Guessing there is some slight rounding to those figures.

1637884396351.png

Sorry, can't resist some off topic fun this morning. Crazy what *footballers* in other codes will do for a free kick these days, the opposite player is no-where near him lol. This would be what, a fine or suspension in AFL?

Been happening for decades, these are only the well know ones as well

And this guy thinks its 2018, seems to be trying to lure [pun intended] the ump in doing the silly salmon challenge

What are they smoking over there on the continent?

Fleck had Covid in June

Maybe those stats that COVID is 60 times more likely to cause you Myocarditis than the jab has some truth to it?

Vaccine hesitancy (specifically for the covid vax) in the state has dropped to an all time low, as of last week only 5.3% of the state are either not willing (1.8%) or not sure (3.6%). Guessing there is some slight rounding to those figures.

View attachment 1287677

Yet we’re still lagging at about 73 per cent fully vaccinated and daily shots administered is plummeting.

Get the bloody jab people.

Smotie2

All Australian
Jun 26, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

View attachment 1287677

It's most likely to do with the fact that if you don't get the jab you will lose your job, income, some freedoms.
As a result you will probably lose your house, car and then maybe family and somewhere in the mental health and possibly in some situations your life through suicide.

But yeah, hesitancy is at an all time low thanks to people CHOOSING the jab👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back