Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This study [which I gave a heads up about a week ago] seems to be freaking some people out now, making its way into mainstream news in the UK. Dr John is concerned. mRNA vaccines increasing risk of heart attack from 11 to 25% in 1000 plus group in 8 year study.

I do understand being anti-mandate, being worried and opposed to government over reach is definitely a concern.
I still don't understand why anyone would willingly avoid getting a vaccine that protects them (and helps protect the rest of society around them) from a harmful disease.
The mandate has unfortunately had to be made because a small portion of the population are easily mislead. Without it we'd probably be waiting another year for our borders to reopen.

Agree with most of this except the last sentence. There's no real evidence either way to suggest whether we'd have got there without them. The daily vax rates have remained fairly consistent the whole time.

I still don't like the complete contempt that people that are probably just scared are being treated with by some. When you consider that a high proportion of remote communities are amongst the unvaccinated and vaccine hesitant it's a far more complex issue than not vaccinated = brainwashed idiot that doesn't deserve any sympathy.

They have the freedom to not get vaccinated, peacefully protest the vaccine mandate (amongst other things) in the middle of the city and pretty much say whatever they want as far as their crackpot theories go.
They don't have the freedom to not be judged by the rest of society for these actions.
just a reminder that this is a two way street. all those advocating society be carved up and privileges doled out based on personal medical choices will also be judged. not only by society but in the history books. not sure segregation will be look back on as a big winner.

I do understand being anti-mandate, being worried and opposed to government over reach is definitely a concern.
I still don't understand why anyone would willingly avoid getting a vaccine that protects them (and helps protect the rest of society around them) from a harmful disease.
The mandate has unfortunately had to be made because a small portion of the population are easily mislead. Without it we'd probably be waiting another year for our borders to reopen.

I understand your thoughts and to an extent agree.

Regardless of whatever reason people would like to choose to not get it surely it's their right to choose not to.

This is really the first time in our nation's history that it's been so dramatically forced upon us.

Think about it.

People are being forced out of their jobs because they don't want a vaccine.

I was threatened with losing, my job if I didn't get it.
My boss' words were "we will lock you or of the office and your employment will be abandoned"

A friend of mine has been cut off from her lifelong friend (since 4 years old) because she isn't getting vaccinated.
This is partly because of the rhetoric in society led by our governments right now that is allowing and even fostering this.

My own extended family had a Facebook fight over it and some of them don't talk to each other any more.
What a sad place we are in now.

Whether or not it's logical or the best course of action and it's safe as * (which nobody can guarantee) or people believe in fairy tales about it is totally irrelevant, it's always been and should still be people's choice in our country to receive a medical procedure to the extent of injection a vaccine in our bodies.

Until now.

On top of this the absolute disgraceful comments I've read in here and in other forums directed towards those who express hesitation against a forced vaccine is deplorable and those should be ashamed of themselves.

This study [which I gave a heads up about a week ago] seems to be freaking some people out now, making its way into mainstream news in the UK. Dr John is concerned. mRNA vaccines increasing risk of heart attack from 11 to 25% in 1000 plus group in 8 year study.

This Doctors YouTube bio makes for interesting reading

My name is John Campbell and I am a retired Nurse Teacher and A and E nurse based in England. I also do some teaching in Asia and Africa when time permits. These videos are to help students to learn the background to all forms of health care. My PhD focused on the development of open learning resources for nurses nationally and internationally.

Disclaimer; These media including videos, book, e book, articles, podcasts are not peer-reviewed. They should never replace individual clinical judgement from your own health care provider. No media-based material on this channel is suitable for using as professional medical advice. All comments are also for educational purposed only and must never replace advice from your own health care provider.

Might as well be getting your medical advice from this Dr John

Agree with most of this except the last sentence. There's no real evidence either way to suggest whether we'd have got there without them. The daily vax rates have remained fairly consistent the whole time.

I still don't like the complete contempt that people that are probably just scared are being treated with by some. When you consider that a high proportion of remote communities are amongst the unvaccinated and vaccine hesitant it's a far more complex issue than not vaccinated = brainwashed idiot that doesn't deserve any sympathy.
Yeah, I'm sure the remote communities are big on Trump and Qanon. They're clearly not who I'm talking about.

They have the freedom to not get vaccinated, peacefully protest the vaccine mandate (amongst other things) in the middle of the city and pretty much say whatever they want as far as their crackpot theories go.
They don't have the freedom to not be judged by the rest of society for these actions.

And the sentiment and judgement is returned right back at those judging others and carrying out this bullying and segregation in our country.

Shame on anyone who does this.

Last edited:
Also it shouldn’t need saying but apparently it does. If you’re posting videos of people getting injured/sick/in some way suffering, and framing it as a fun little moment because you think it ‘helps’ the team you’ve picked in this stupid race, please get in the bin.

You're reaching here a bit Badge, I'm happy to explain the joke to you. I don't in any way think it is funny that players are keeling over with heart troubles. There are clear links between young males, mRNA vaccines, and myocarditis and its statistically all but guaranteed something similar will happen to at least one AFL or state league player here in 2022. As the only person on the board that even believes myocarditis wasn't made up by Alex Jones or some s**t, the joke I was making was at the expense of the board not the player. Because I was able to predict [in my tiny little mind] that instead of showing even the slightest bit of concern, people such as yourself would rush to claim that this simply isn't happening, and can't be happening, because vaccine good.

"From the makers of “every death is being labeled as a Covid death 😡” comes “every medical situation is due to the vaccine 👍

If its not happening, then it didn't happen, so that soccer player must of been faking it, so Right? Following that logic in a comedic way... too much of a stretch? Downright offensive? Sorry I guess I'm as s**t a humorist as I am a person. But congrats again for taking the high road, uber impressive moral standard you are setting.

This Doctors YouTube bio makes for interesting reading

Might as well be getting your medical advice from this Dr John

Ah the defame and discredit line of attack. I know it well, tried to point out on here once that the head of the TGA that passed the vaccines down here without even requesting safety data from Pfizer was actually and Phd in cereal crops and agriculture, not medicine. Doesn't work around here mate. Dr John is a saint, you leave him alone.

That post is the equivalent of a 24 minute Youtube clip.

And still manages to somehow avoid the revelation that one of the players keeling over mid-pitch had Covid several months prior, which is a statistically more likely cause of said keeling-over than vaccine adverse effects.

There are clear links between young males, mRNA vaccines, and myocarditis and its statistically all but guaranteed something similar will happen to at least one AFL or state league player here in 2022.
Is it though ?

Between the ages of 18-29 the rate per 100,000 doses is 3.1

So roughly 1 for every 30,000 doses

There are less than 800 players in the AFL. Your figures are just a little bit off (unless of course there are 14,200 players in the state leagues ?)

Ah the defame and discredit line of attack. I know it well, tried to point out on here once that the head of the TGA that passed the vaccines down here without even requesting safety data from Pfizer was actually and Phd in cereal crops and agriculture, not medicine. Doesn't work around here mate. Dr John is a saint, you leave him alone.
By all means continue to get your medical advice from a guy that writes e-books for Nurses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're reaching here a bit Badge, I'm happy to explain the joke to you. I don't in any way think it is funny that players are keeling over with heart troubles. There are clear links between young males, mRNA vaccines, and myocarditis and its statistically all but guaranteed something similar will happen to at least one AFL or state league player here in 2022. As the only person on the board that even believes myocarditis wasn't made up by Alex Jones or some sh*t, the joke I was making was at the expense of the board not the player. Because I was able to predict [in my tiny little mind] that instead of showing even the slightest bit of concern, people such as yourself would rush to claim that this simply isn't happening, and can't be happening, because vaccine good.

"From the makers of “every death is being labeled as a Covid death 😡” comes “every medical situation is due to the vaccine 👍

If its not happening, then it didn't happen, so that soccer player must of been faking it, so Right? Following that logic in a comedic way... too much of a stretch? Downright offensive? Sorry I guess I'm as sh*t a humorist as I am a person. But congrats again for taking the high road, uber impressive moral standard you are setting.
Do you think the fact that he had Covid, which has been proven to increase the chances of myocarditis more than the evil vaccine, factored into it? Do you think the fact that, when you comb world football at all levels mysterious collapses happen fairly frequently, is involved?

Or is it certainly the vaccine in the same way that the covid numbers were certainly fake?

Nailed the s**t humourist stuff tbf, a rare show of self awareness mate.

I do like how the irony of those who were successfully grifted by some Reignite Democracy blog entry, Youtube randoms and Joe Rogan, calling those who laugh at them as 'sheep' who have been hoodwinked by the 'MSM' and 'big pharma' or 'insert globalist conspiracy here'.

I think it's the sunken cost fallacy - they have now realised in the face of overwhelming evidence that their COVID denialism, anti lockdown and anti vaccine arguments have been dismantled, that they are doubling down by outright accusing the side of reason and logic of somehow being the unreasonable and illogical ones. After all - who likes to admit they've been lied to by someone that does not actually have your self interest at heart in the end?

I do like how the irony of those who were successfully grifted by some Reignite Democracy blog entry, Youtube randoms and Joe Rogan, calling those who laugh at them as 'sheep' who have been hoodwinked by the 'MSM' and 'big pharma' or 'insert globalist conspiracy here'.

I think it's the sunken cost fallacy - they have now realised in the face of overwhelming evidence that their COVID denialism, anti lockdown and anti vaccine arguments have been dismantled, that they are doubling down by outright accusing the side of reason and logic of somehow being the unreasonable and illogical ones. After all - who likes to admit they've been lied to by someone that does not actually have your self interest at heart in the end?
“One of the saddest lessons of history is this: If we’ve been bamboozled long enough, we tend to reject any evidence of the bamboozle. We’re no longer interested in finding out the truth. The bamboozle has captured us. It’s simply too painful to acknowledge, even to ourselves, that we’ve been taken. Once you give a charlatan power over you, you almost never get it back.”

― Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark

yep just two weeks to flatten the curve we got this

just a reminder that this is a two way street. all those advocating society be carved up and privileges doled out based on personal medical choices will also be judged. not only by society but in the history books. not sure segregation will be look back on as a big winner.
And the sentent and judgement is returned right back at those judging others and carrying out this bullying and segregation in our country.

Shame on anyone who does this.
I'm more than comfortable with where I sit on this subject (and my place or lack there of in history).

Just on the related topics of “football players have been collapsing mid-pitch since the game was invented” and “antivaxxers will call any mid-pitch collapse an adverse vaccine event”: https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...id-vaccine-but-he-hasnt-even-been-vaccinated/
You say that Miguel, but I watched a seemingly perfectly healthy 18 year old Jack Clarke play the first half of a Leeds game in Feb 2019, get substituted at half time, then collapse on the bench in the 80th minute. Straight to hospital. Horrible stuff.

Thank god the Covid vaccine hadn’t been invented yet or he could have been in some serious trouble.

Footballers collapsing on the pitch is a scary new thing when you’ve only been paying attention to it for two months, and a distressingly familiar old thing for everyone else.

Yeah, I'm sure the remote communities are big on Trump and Qanon. They're clearly not who I'm talking about.

Well I wasn't specifically referring to you, but in any case how am I meant to know who you mean when you say "No sympathy for anti vaxxers"?

According to some, anyone anti mandate is anti vax

You say that Miguel, but I watched a seemingly perfectly healthy 18 year old Jack Clarke play the first half of a Leeds game in Feb 2019, get substituted at half time, then collapse on the bench in the 80th minute. Straight to hospital. Horrible stuff.

Thank god the Covid vaccine hadn’t been invented yet or he could have been in some serious trouble.

Footballers collapsing on the pitch is a scary new thing when you’ve only been paying attention to it for two months, and a distressingly familiar old thing for everyone else.

Don't even have to look overseas. Or to a different code. From 2018:

Dylan Roberton's heart scare a sign of things to come, expert fears - ABC News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back