AFL and Chinese TV form a new deal following millions tuning in to watch Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone was laughing and judging port when this was announced. Now who's laughing

Not to say that this isn't a good thing or that it isn't at all impressive, but China is a country of over a billion people. Millions of people watching isn't quite as impressive at it sounds.

Everyone was laughing and judging port when this was announced. Now who's laughing
I am laughing at you for how excited you are about this figure.
What is population of China? Would simply take a tiny percentage of people to have the game on while whipping up dinner or something similar.

I am very suspect of these figures anyway as it took them months to come up with them. Either they have people in China with ratings boxes (Tv meters) they use to extrapolate ratings or they don't...If they do why did it take this long? And don't say they knew the ratings but didn't release them because I remember reading a story approx. 1 month ago saying how Port were frustrated that they hadn't worked out the ratings figure yet.

Not to say that this isn't a good thing or that it isn't at all impressive, but China is a country of over a billion people. Millions of people watching isn't quite as impressive at it sounds.
I am laughing at you for how excited you are about this figure.
What is population of China? Would simply take a tiny percentage of people to have the game on while whipping up dinner or something similar.

I am very suspect of these figures anyway as it took them months to come up with them. Either they have people in China with ratings boxes (Tv meters) they use to extrapolate ratings or they don't...If they do why did it take this long? And don't say they knew the ratings but didn't release them because I remember reading a story approx. 1 month ago saying how Port were frustrated that they hadn't worked out the ratings figure yet.
Lol there are always people like this. 4 million foreign people watching our game is an amazing result for the AFL. There was barely any promotion and it still got that much. Just goes to show that China is worth investing in. Now the job is to continue to grow the audience.

Well done port. Amazing job

Haters always gunna hate

Question becomes how quantifiable the benefit will be in dollar terms, I watch people roll cheese down a hill as a sport, doesn't mean I contribute much other than my perversion for weird sports.

Last edited:
Lol there are always people like this. 4 million foreign people watching our game is an amazing result for the AFL. There was barely any promotion and it still got that much. Just goes to show that China is worth investing in. Now the job is to continue to grow the audience.

Well done port. Amazing job

Haters always gunna hate
I not saying it a bad result...just responded to your smug statement about who laughing now.
Also legit questions about the validity of the ratings.
Keep celebrating another marvelous PAFC victory tho...propaganda machine working beautifully down Alberton way since Kochy arrived

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Chinese, probably at the team that tried to pick fights and snipe players and then proceeded to have their s**t pushed in for the next three quarters.

But more so, I'm sure they laughed at the absurd game they'd stumbled upon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back