AFL App/Radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigey

All Australian
Oct 1, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Apologies if this is the wrong forum, not sure where to put this

But does anyone else find it a joke that the AFL app and radio coverage is heavily delayed. How is it possible in 2018 that you can't you sit at a game and listen on your iPhone/Android to live play by play coverage.

But does anyone else find it a joke that the AFL app and radio coverage is heavily delayed. How is it possible in 2018 that you can't you sit at a game and listen on your iPhone/Android to live play by play coverage.
I listen to Triple M on a radio at the footy or SEN

Even with a 5-10 second delay, i still prefer it to the TV commentary.

Even with a 5-10 second delay, i still prefer it to the TV commentary.

Agreed- tv commentary is appalling.

I have had some success pausing the tv til the radio catches up.

For the OP- $12 pocket trans available from from target

edit: pocket transistor

Agreed- tv commentary is appalling.

I have had some success pausing the tv til the radio catches up.

For the OP- $12 pocket ****** available from from target

edit: pocket transistor
Surely the AFL is at a point it can run its app live with the game...surely

It has nothing to do with the AFL and their app, all digital radio has a delay. If you want as close to delay free as possible you need to take along the wireless.

It has nothing to do with the AFL and their app, all digital radio has a delay. If you want as close to delay free as possible you need to take along the wireless.
Isnt that because it is receiving and then retransmitting the original am/fm broadcast?

If analogue can be "live" why technically cant digital?

s-l225.jpg

dont android phones have fm radio app? my old one did 10 years ago. i have had iphone since and take one of these to footy

Isnt that because it is receiving and then retransmitting the original am/fm broadcast?

If analogue can be "live" why technically cant digital?
Good question, the reason maybe because AM/FM the audio is imposed on the carrier wave which is filtered out and amplified basically in real time. For Digital there is a lot more signal processing going on but couldn't imagine it causing too large a delay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the problem is when you watch a game the next day. it would wonderful if you could listen to the radio commentary with the game in those situations

Remove this Banner Ad

Back