Discussion AFL Awards Night 2020 - Jack Steele All-Australian

Crusty Undies

This means peace here!
Oct 22, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Butler more goals than any small forward, more i50 tackles than any player and 3rd most i50 pressure acts of any player NOT named in the AA side. What an absolute stitch up hahahaha. I knew it was coming after they shafted Steele, there's a conspiracy to prevent saints players being named in the AA22.

Honestly?
I have never rated this “team” precisely because it isn’t one.
It’s a popularity contest, often putting in players by reputation, not current output.

I actually don't see the point in calling this a team. Just call it a bunch of guns. It's not a team. Eight inside midfielders listed in the starting 18 and none are Steele.

Agree. Just posted the same before reading yours.
It’s a farce.

Murraj1966

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
What a crock of ******* s**t.

Butler had the most goals of any small forward but they put in a guy who takes some fancy marks instead.

Crock of absolute bullshit i hope Dan kicks 5 on the weekend.

Air King

Premium Gold
Oct 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Wow the amount of disrespect shown for Steele is unbelievable. Neale is the only mid who can say he had a better year. Questionable how many games the selectors are watching with a few players getting selected on reputation.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
A true half forward will never be AA because they will just put a midfielder in there.

Butler easily the best small forward, kicked 6 more than Bont and Dangerfield combined, most forward 50 tackles, 3rd in the league for pressure acts is not the best according to these selectors.

Hilariously bad.

Back