AFL ban trades before 3pm today to 'increase tension and drama'.

Remove this Banner Ad

They just want a few minutes of hot action given how piss weak this trade period has been, as it is every year.

This is why trade period should be one day only...

I'm sure the players who have outstanding trades to get done today are loving this too given the impact it has on them and their families.

Gil = muppet.
The fact that it's so short and designed in a way that leads trades to getting done at the last minute is ridiculous too. Another reason why the AFLPA is so bloody important.

The league treats players like assets rather than human beings.

Can't wait until next year when all trades during trade week will be kept secret so they can be revealed in a prime time special.

All the players being traded come out onto a big stage wearing costumes with big masks on. They give a few clues on themselves in a distorted voice and then the BigFooty community votes on line for who they are.

The most correct votes for a club on a player means that club wins that player.

Is this a joke? So now teams have to rush to hash out deals that effect players mental health and their families lives. Brilliant play AFL.

I think next year they should change things up a little bit, hear me out, this will definitely add tension and drama.

So a team decides they want to do a trade, let's say Sydney nominate Carlton to do a trade with.
Sydney will be given a random draft pick that they can use, the draft pick is determined by having a lucky Auskicker throw a water balloon at a former player who is standing against a wall, the former player is some ambassador or a charity sponsor or something.

When the water balloon breaks, a number will be inside, that's the draft pick that the team has to use.
They are then given 60 seconds to try to make a trade with that pick that both clubs agree on.

If no trade is made, the draft pick is lost and goes to Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To make up for the lack of tension and drama on Grand Final Day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back