AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Trying to play a little catch up now with a cross-game sgm on two games I'm quite keen on.
SGM: Libba, Smith, Brayshaw 15+, Oliver 20+ into Parish, Cotchin, McGrath, Shiel 15+, Merrett 20+ = $4.45 ladbrokes

High possession teams and pretty consistent players that shouldn't be tag or role effected. Libba and Smith consistent 15+ players, Brayshaw finally playing the right role and Oliver yet to go under 20 this season.
Parish, McGrath, Shiel and Cotchin high cba players throughout the midfield and Merrett has gone 24+ the last 3 in a row and against the Tigers who don't tag.

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Probably better off playing it safer here but im gonna take a bigger risk this week
Tom Lynch 3+, Rioli AGS, Riewoldt AGS first half = $12.50 sb

- Rioli leg is probably the most doubtful part of that if your looking at recent form. Has had only 6 actual scores this year from 9 games and hasnt kicked a goal for 3 weeks. I think he is due one though and the boys would love to get him a goal for the Dreamtime game back on his home ground.

- Riewoldt is 12/18 for first half goals and you'd think would be safe to get one again.

- Probably gone more heart than head with the 3+, 2 would be much safer, but I can see Lynch having a big game after the week that he's had. Been absolutely smashed from everywhere during the week but he will be looking to hit back hard tonight. No Hooker in the side, and pretty sure Hurley usually always go to Riewoldt so would leave Lynch probably with Francis who is still decent. 3/12 for 3+, think hes due a big bag 👍

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Bit of footy fatigue set in this week after a busy month. 4 tipsters took the controversial pass. We had only 4 winners and 6 losers.
Half of us are in the +ROI, half in the negative. Another footy fest ahead during NBA playoffs will sort the pack out.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 08.45.23.png

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
3 legger on Sportsbet at 4.50.
Anytime goal scorers.
Jamie Cripps
Mitch Wallis
Jake Riccardi likes to party
Will all get their chances

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Levi Greenwood 15+ $2.37 - SB
Already posted my thoughts on it in the round thread. Really should be clearing this as an inside mid who will likely get more TOG & CBA’s on the back of last week.
And yes I’ve gone against the snags for the first time so expect this to lose haha

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Dustin Martin 90+ Fantasy @ $2.90 PB

Only cleared that 4/13 times this year but this is the sort of game where he will go big. Usually plays well against West Coast averaging 120.6 in his last 3 (133, 73, 156) and also averages 27.4 touches against them which is his 3rd highest out of all opposition teams. 105 last week and is building nicely in the back half of the year as he usually does.

Sausage Legs

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Dustin Martin 90+ Fantasy @ $2.90 PB

Only cleared that 4/13 times this year but this is the sort of game where he will go big. Usually plays well against West Coast averaging 120.6 in his last 3 (133, 73, 156) and also averages 27.4 touches against them which is his 3rd highest out of all opposition teams. 105 last week and is building nicely in the back half of the year as he usually does.
Doubt he could when fwd but I wonder if Hutchings gets a run with role now he's back.

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Doubt he could when fwd but I wonder if Hutchings gets a run with role now he's back.
yeah fair chance he could, but i reckon theres also a chance he goes to a lambert or houli instead. started on lambert in last years game before he got injured. either way though reckon dusty should still be good enough

squeaky1000

Team Captain
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
SGM: Titchell 20+, Worpel McGrath Shiel Parish 15+ $2.09 lads

Sgm have been a bit up and down of late but very keen on this. Won't be any tags and all of these 5 have stable roles and high cba's/tog of late.
Titch one of the safest 20+ players going around, Worp has found form of late and benefits from no Jeager.
Hawks give up a lot of footy and McGrath Shiel and Parish are all averaging well over 15.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I've really dropped the ball this week, haven't done any analysis and I didn't see us play last week but really like fat-fit Stringer's odds:
2+ $2.60 TAB (4/5 2020)
Hawks defence is still horrible. Georgie and Dixon should've kick 3 each last week.

and GS maniac NonPhixion just backed it in the round thread so it can't lose.

Last edited:
Ridley/Hurley/Saad 15+ - 2.20 sb
vs Hawks

Ridley 11/12 (only miss was a 14)
Hurley 9/11 (only 2 misses were 14's)
Saad 11/12

Bet void due to Hurley out, so-

Ridley/Saad/Smith 15+ - 1.88 sb

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hunter Under 25.5/Port Win @ $1.86 (unibet)

Tough match up for Hunter against a ripping wing combination in the cats. Will have to spend some time forward tonight with many rotations in the Dogs side. Port in as a booster, will make easy work on the swans at home.

Edit: Hunter is about $1.80 for under 23.5 everywhere else.

Last edited:

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Greenwood managed after 1 game has thrown me out here.
So ill go for a SGM tonight:
Butler 2+, Melksham AGS, Kent AGS $6 - SB
really think it will be high scoring tonight.
Butler 9/13, Kent 7/9 & Melksham 10/12.

Back