AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

Bruest & Waterman AGS $3.29 - Lads.
Just multing what i see as the 2 best value ags lines.
Bruest 7/9, been very reliable for a long time. Waterman 4/6 should get his chances as a permanent forward.

Steele 25+, Bruest AGS = $3.10 bet easy

Hawks are an easy team to play against for midfielders, and Steele has a pretty good record against them. Bruest should be good for 1 you would think.

SGM: Steele Mitchell 20+, Worpel Hill Billings Jones 15+ $2.30 lads

Steele and Titch two of the more reliable 20+ around and Hill Billings etc should be able to find enough of it, as we know Hawks give up a tonne of disposal and hoping the game is fairly free flowing.

Lot going on in this one!
I'm going with Battle (7/10), King (11/14), Marshall (7/14) AGS $4.20BE

Feel like with Abbott in Marshall will spend more time fwd.
Hawks are poor at defending KPFs.
Round 15: Walker 2, Fog 2
Round 14: Daniher 3.3, Hooker 2
Round 13: Dixon 2, Georgiades 1.3 (3 misses straight in front)

Lot going on in this one!
I'm going with Battle (7/10), King (11/14), Marshall (7/14) AGS $4.20BE

Feel like with Abbott in Marshall will spend more time fwd.
Hawks are poor at defending KPFs.
Round 15: Walker 2, Fog 2
Round 14: Daniher 3.3, Hooker 2
Round 13: Dixon 2, Georgiades 1.3 (3 misses straight in front)
Hmmm King late out. Guess this is void.

Not super confident about this one but my main BOTR was voided so here's #2
Hill AGS, GWS Q4 -5.5 $3.10 SB

I don't think this is particularly good value but I like both legs and need a ROI lift.
Hill has looked really dangerous in his small fwd role with 7 scoring shots (3.4) in the last 2 rounds.
GWS have been excellent in Q4s in the last 3 weeks, rate 4th overall on the season vs. 15th for the crows.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WB -16.5 $1.91 365. Hawks will play the kids this round. WB will need to win for finals. WB tend to put teams away when they win and Hawks tend to lose comfortably. The Hawks have jumped teams - Port, StK and Ess flattering their margins but WB are a fast starting team.

Hope you all have a nice lead because i'll be coming with a big multi for the last round...

H2H Multi: Saints, Cats, Freo h2h $5.20 bet365

Gotta try and catch up somehow so pushing out the odds a bit.
Saints already been mentioned, still don't fully trust them but think Eagle's outs have to take a toll as well as three games in two weeks. Probably more on the line for the Saints as well a win would be a big push for their finals chances.
Cats Tigers could go either way but I've got to lean to the Cats, they've been ultra impressive the last few weeks and should be pretty fresh given the Dons posed little more than a training run. Tigers have seemed a little flat to me the last few games and I'm not sold on their midfield depth if Dusty and/or Cotch have an off night.
Freo putting together a pretty decent season and North are an absolute basket case, should be seen as a nice opportunity to take some winning form into next season.

Big win from Karaoke has his rising to third. Non Phixion is back on top and we seem to have lost Mouncey and HellBoy.
This is probably a crucial piece of information which i seem to have left out but this is a main season comp that won't run into the finals so if you're behind then get your skates on.
In the last round we won't allow any doubling up of bets to eliminate the possibility of the leader copying to stop anyone rising. It'll be first in, best dressed.

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 22.17.49.png

Back