AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

OhhDeledio

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lynch 2+ @ 2.90 tab

good odds for someone who is 9/15. ill back in lynchy to get it done against a stingy cats defence. dont think it will be that wet either, but it shouldnt effect him to much if it is. has been pretty good in the wet from memory.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Duncan disposals group 2 @ 2.80
Freo win @ 1.50
Pies -10.5 @ 1.62

$6.80 @ SB

Duncan class above the rest of the group
North are tanking, Freo aren't that bad
Pies playing for finals spots still v GCS who aren't and look a little sorer/slower than earlier in the year

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Collingwood -19.5 + Papley AGS $2.93 - Lads
don't like betting on my own team, but this is the best spot for Collingwood on the line all year in my eyes. GC have been trending down for several weeks, they have checked out of the season imo. Pies playing for a spot in the 8, they should be nice and fresh off the bye, Grundy will benefit massively from it has hes looked cooked for weeks. Treloar will bolster the midfield and De Goey completely changes the forward structure which has looked sub-par with his absence. Think the line should be about 30 here.
Adding Papley as hes got some value after a quiet few weeks, but the Paps is one of the most reliable goalkickers of the last 2 years, has kicked a goal in 31 of his last 36 games.
Edit - Also adding to the Papley stats, in those 5 games he hasnt kicked a goal: 0.2, 0.3, 0.3, 0.0, 0.2. So the only game hes failed to score in the last 2 years was against Fremantle where Sydney only managed 2 goals for the game against a suffocating defense. I will run around Flinders street naked with no mask on if he doesnt atleast score in this game.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Dunkley AGS/McLean 15+
$3.50
Dunkley 3/4 AGS last 4 games
Mclean 20 poss last week in tagging role.
Usually Hawks can't defend poss or strong fwds reason. Dunkley going fwd and McLean going into the middle was important last week for the dogs and hopefully crazy bevo stays with what works but you never know with that guy.

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Loving Langdon's sharp shooting on the Total Points this year.
NP just keeps hitting solid odds bets but is catchable as we roll into the last round.
Looking forward to all the hail mary bets from the pack.
Not that we've had to much of it but no doubling up in the last round.
Think we might've lost Hellboy with 2 passes in a row

Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 21.34.27.png

Jun 13, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Just a thought for finals, should we have a "Bet of the Game"?

There is only 9 games left after next week for the year, there is not going to be much to bet on, giving less games.
Yeah that could be cool.
I'm running out of gas a little with the admin though. So we could either make it non-competitive or someone else could run a thread?

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Loving Langdon's sharp shooting on the Total Points this year.
NP just keeps hitting solid odds bets but is catchable as we roll into the last round.
Looking forward to all the hail mary bets from the pack.
Not that we've had to much of it but no doubling up in the last round.
Think we might've lost Hellboy with 2 passes in a row

View attachment 961480
I’ll go all out last round, what sort of odds would I need to pass NP? 😂

Ohh Ok

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve got mine ready 😬😂

GWS 40+, WB SU @ $24.48 (365)

GWS should be embarrassed by this season’s effort. Think Leon Cameron will be coaching for his job here, if it isn’t already gone. Coniglio should be back into the side who has also been a let down and has been back and forth with the media and his form all season, bounce back performance for him. They still have the right tools in the shed to win the flag, but will need a demolition job of the saints to get things done. Taking a risk due to rain being predicted during the week.

Western Bulldogs simply win and they make finals, will be a bit of confidence and buzz for them knowing that they can win a flag from back in the pack.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve got mine ready 😬😂

GWS 40+, WB SU @ $24.48 (365)

GWS should be embarrassed by this season’s effort. Think Leon Cameron will be coaching for his job here
Thet extended him for 2 years. For the life of me I don't know why but with the limits on soft caps now, he's safe. Just wish I got paid as much as he did to be as shite as he is in my profession

langdon19

Club Legend
Dec 2, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Bris Carl O113, melb ess O121, Rich H2h
Sb Powered $4.79
melb ess I have at 123, however final round historical throws high scores.
Bris Carl I have at 122, wouldn’t normally hit an over at night but same reason as before. Bloody Bris better find some accuracy

Last edited:

NonPhixion

Bookie Assassin
Mar 27, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tony Ferguson
Oscar Allen AGS, Rich Win, Bris Win $2.52 - Lads
Williams back in the team, allows Allen to play as a permanent forward, and his odds are far too good to ignore. Rich + Bris just flat out wont lose. Done all the hard work to get themselves in this position, playing for a top 4 spot against bottom 8 teams. can almost lock it in.

Back