AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

Well what a ripsnorter of a final round. Lids and NP who've been bobbing heads all year both win their bets but Lids comes good with a Josh Caddy hail mary to take the top spot. Mookieb had a great line multi at the end to shoot from 7th to 3rd.
Was great to see people's specialities form as the year went on.
Lids nailing some big tigers bets. 9/11 bets were on the tigers.
NP as ever hot on the GS markets.
Langdon excellent on the TP lines hitting 7/8 when just going a single line.
Ohhok consistent all year picking the best from all over the market.
The group ROI is 19%, meaning that if you took all the bets on the board all year, you'd be doing very well for yourself.
So well done everyone and thanks for participating.
There's murmuring around the punting board water cooler that someone, possibly the Grot might be running a finals tipping comp.
If you want your individual spreadsheets, DM me.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 22.25.50.png

Well what a ripsnorter of a final round. Lids and NP who've been bobbing heads all year both win their bets but Lids comes good with a Josh Caddy hail mary to take the top spot. Mookieb had a great line multi at the end to shoot from 7th to 3rd.
The group ROI is 19%, meaning that if you took all the bets on the board all year, you'd be doing very well for yourself.
There's murmuring around the punting board water cooler that someone, possibly the Grot might be running a finals tipping comp.

View attachment 967323
Cheers for running it, was a bit of fun. Nice concept that could be carried into next year hopefully

View attachment 967323

cheers for putting it on JW 👍

ill take the win, but good thing this isnt reflective of overall performance per round as i would be dead last if that was the case :$

id be down for a similar kind of thing for the finals if anyone is gonna run it 👍

cheers for putting it on JW 👍

ill take the win, but good thing this isnt reflective of overall performance per round as i would be dead last if that was the case :$

id be down for a similar kind of thing for the finals if anyone is gonna run it 👍
Should have a Finals series on here for the lols.

1 vs 4
2 vs 3
5 vs 8
6 vs 7

Im going to organise the finals system on here.

This is where the real 2020 finals series is at.

Im going to keep it simple on here. Winner is who makes it through to the Grand Final and wins it on the day. If its good enough for the Tigers to rob the Crows of the flag in 2017, its good enough for the Minor Premier in OhhDeledio to lose it. Results will follow AFL rules so those in 5 to 8 positions will be eliminated if they lose.

Yes Im still salty from 3 years ago. lol.

In your assigned game, you need to pick your best bet you think will win and odds must be $1.80 or more. You cannot have the same bet and you must bet on the game you are assigned.

Highest seed gets to pick first.

If both campaigners pick losing bets, winner will be awarded a place forward according to which team won according to their seeding. If both bets win, the winner will be the team that is assigned to your position. After all there should be a benefit to be being placed higher.

If one of you campaigners have outsmarted me in these rules and something I have overlooked, which isnt hard to do, I will come up with something different.

OhhDeledio vs Ohh Ok (1 v 4) Port v Geelong
NonPhixion vs mookieb (2 v 3) Lions v Tigers
langdon19 vs JuniorWatch (5 v 8) Eagles v Pies
karaoke vs iluvparis (6 v 7) Saints v Dogs

Glory be this is just for fun, lets not make it too complicated I hope the rules are simple enough.

Open for discussion, if someone has a better idea, I will change accordingly?

Cheers for running it Junior. Appreciate your work around here. Had some fun with this. Would be keen for the above finals ^ sounds like a laugh. Well done on the season Ohhdeledio, that was a quality bet to top me haha.
Agree.

JuniorWatch did all the hard work of collating and sorting all the crap on here, which would have been tiring as the season wore on.

Should be easy for me going forward.

Well done OhhDeledio hard work to win it over the season, great consistent effort. :thumbsu:

Hopefully you get to experience my pain of 2017. :$

Cheers for running it Junior. Appreciate your work around here. Had some fun with this. Would be keen for the above finals ^ sounds like a laugh. Well done on the season Ohhdeledio, that was a quality bet to top me haha.

Just to add again on from this. Yes its meant for a laugh on here. Given how much easier it is to do as well, its fine for others to post on here for the lols and trolls on here.

Just with those that place the bets, just tag me into it.

The other reason for doing it this way, is to prevent Hail Mary's and also I dont have to really do any work at all. Im lazy that way.

So to clarify if both bests win the higher ranked player gets through even if the odds on his wining bet were lower?

Yes thats the way I was thinking to keep it simple, but Im open to changing anything if the consensus agrees with.

I could however, have a BLIND ENTRY system, where each punter for a match sends me the best bet privately and I post them in here after both punters in the same match have given me their entries.

This way the punter with the highest winning odds that wins, goes through?

I dont mind that idea?

Your thoughts?

I think the blind submission with higher odds getting through is a better idea.

No game can have the same the identical bet.

As an example, in your game, both of you cannot take the Bulldogs at the line.

---------------------------------
If both bets lose, then the team you are assigned goes through.

If both bets win, the higher winning bet goes through.

If both bets win and they are of identical price, the bet that salutes first goes through.

If still there is tie, the team which you are assigned to, goes through.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll go Rich -6.5 $1.91 at TabTouch. I'm never betting against a near full strength Richmond team in a pressure game.

Was meant to be a private submission, but thats fine if you want to post it on here. All good. :thumbsu:

NonPhixion to return serve.

Nah DQ him
If he was an Essendon supporter I would have disqualified him from the Finals and allow Sausage Legs a berth in the 2020 Finals Series.

Since mookieb didnt test positive to doping supplements, Im letting him continue.

Not to mention, its also a disadvantage to post your bets, as NonPhixion knows he has to beat the line bet or equal with another bet and then hope for the Lions to win.

I should add mookieb placed himself at a disadvantage here.

Just a note to the rest of you, as totals are out, as well as other markets, get your bets in early as possible.

That way the scabs can eat of them too. :$

Feels like forever since the last game! The break has been nice.

Congrats, Ohh Delidio! Having not logged in for over a week I’d just assumed that NP had won. Cheers for running it all JW, it’s been enjoyable.

I like the idea of all this. I’ll get my tip across ASAP

Back