AFL 'Bet of the Round' POTY

Should we allow members 1 pass per year?

• YES

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

iluvparis NonPhixion

~24 hours to go before you get your 3 bets in. If you dont, I am automatically awarding myself Punter of The Year title. :drunk:

Im kinda hoping neither of you send me in your bets.:$

Just on that, if your bet is voided, there is no opportunity to resubmit another bet. Hence pick wisely and be aware of late players potentially being an out.

Its all about strategy and being the most cunning and astute of all punters in this Grand Final.

balmainforever Chism can you please make this thread a sticky if possible just till this time next week? Thanks. The winner deserves to be acknowledged widely on this forum, to achieve punter of the year in AFL is no easy feat esp with all the bs rules I have made ad hoc on the fly.

Cats (Ohh Ok ) Duncan 20+ lads $2.30 v Pies (JuniorWatch ) Collingwood -2.5 $2.50 SB

Interesting bets, good luck guys.

Congratulations Ohh Ok into penultimate game of the year the prelims. Well done.

Commiserations JuniorWatch unfortunately your Pies bet sank (like mine) inside the first 5 minutes of the game, Pies were never a chance. Great punting year and a big thanks for doing 99% of the recording of the Punts for Punter of the year. Its hard work and I had the easy run lol.

For the Grand Final Im going to get you degenerates to post two bets each. (I wouldnt mind three to hopefully give us a definite winner???)

Consider it a double chance to win and that the winner of the 2020 season, is not just assigned based on the team assigned to it in the GF.

For the Grand Final Im going to get you degenerates to post two bets each. (I wouldnt mind three to hopefully give us a definite winner???)

Consider it a double chance to win and that the winner of the 2020 season, is not just assigned based on the team assigned to it in the GF.
How will that work?
Didn’t actually get to watch the game last night due to a big day of end of season celebrations. Was surprised to see such a pumping. Unfortunately I forgot to check markets as get on as my leans appeared to do alright. The bet that I wanted for this was Maynard Under 17 or 18, thought he would play a lock down role on Ablett. Can anyone confirm if there was a market for this? Unfortunately I forgot all about it and didn’t even get on myself.

Duncan’s line has been creeping down and has been criminally low for a player of his caliber. Glad to see he came to the party last night, unfortunately I don’t think we’ll as much value next week or see him in group B again

How will that work?

You post three bets for the GF, whoever has won the most amount is declared the winner.

Hypothetically,

If you pick say the

Lions to win at the line $1.90

Norm Smith Medalist Neale at $9

Total - Unders at $1.90

In total you have (assuming they all salute) you receive $12.80 on return and that return will be compared to your opponent for the GF. Whoever has won the most, wins the tournament.

If all your bets lose and if all the bets of your opponent loses, the winner is whoever is assigned the actual winning team.

For the GF I will allow duplicate bets.

Last edited:
Week 3 Finals

OhhDeledio Port v Tigers iluvparis

First come first serve

In the advent if your bet is voided, if the oppositions bet wins, they go through.

If both lose, then its the team assigned.

Good luck.
Week 3 Finals

Just reminder ~48 hours to go before the first bounce.

I expect the bets to be received by both of you some time tomorrow evening.

Week 3 Finals

Just reminder ~48 hours to go before the first bounce.

I expect the bets to be received by both of you some time tomorrow evening.

OhhDeledio iluvparis NonPhixion Ohh Ok

I just had a thought here, if the 2nd poster posts and identical (type and odds) bet to the first poster's bet.

I think I will need to get you both to resubmit, otherwise there is an unfair advantage where the 2nd poster knows what bet to place to win?

Thoughts?

EDIT - if the bet type is the same, but odds different. Bet stands.

But if Bet type and Odds are identical, I will get you both to enter a new one.

As an example:

Game Total on Friday Night is 114.5 SB at $1.90

but if one one of you degenerates gives me 115.5 365 at $1.91 and the other 114.5 the bets will stand.

if you pick both 114.5 but one gets odds of $1.91 vs $1.90 bets will stand.

if both pick 114.5 and odds of $1.90 I will ask for new bets.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am very happy today as behind the scenes, I have been able to organise and would like to proudly announce that the winner of the Inaugural AFL Punter of the Year 2020 will be awarded a Medal on their profile and given a year's Platinum Membership.

Special thanks to Chief for making this available for our competition and adding the status and recognition that it richly deserves.

In addition, I would like to thank Chism and balmainforever for their contribution to this competition in ensuring it ran smoothly and successfully.

Most of all a big thank you to JuniorWatch who was the pioneer in establishing and setting up the competition in the first place and whose contribution throughout the entire year made this event possible.

Thank you.

NonPhixion iluvparis OhhDeledio Ohh Ok

I am very happy today as behind the scenes, I have been able to organise and would like to proudly announce that the winner of the Inaugural AFL Punter of the Year 2020 will be awarded a Medal on their profile and given a year's Platinum Membership.

Special thanks to Chief for making this available for our competition and adding the status and recognition that it richly deserves.

In addition, I would like to thank Chism and balmainforever for their contribution to this competition in ensuring it ran smoothly and successfully.

Most of all a big thank you to JuniorWatch who was the pioneer in establishing and setting up the competition in the first place and whose contribution throughout the entire year made this event possible.

Thank you.

NonPhixion iluvparis OhhDeledio Ohh Ok
This is amazing. Let’s go ohh ok!!! I’ll be bringing that finals intensity tomorrow night!!

This is amazing. Let’s go ohh ok!!! I’ll be bringing that finals intensity tomorrow night!!

lol.

You and Ohh Ok need to bring that intensity tonight!!!!

I need the tips from both of you, otherwise the winner of the Port-Tigers game wins the comp by default lol.

Week 3 Finals FINALIZED

NonPhixion Lions Duncan 20+, Menegola 15+ & Danger 15+ $2.70 - Lads vs Cats Ohh Ok Lions 1-39, Cameron AGS $2.74

This is a going to go down to the wire. You can understand now why the need for private posting of bets.

Only 4 cents seperating each bet should they both win.

The First Prelin Match is FINALIZED.

Week 3 Finals

OhhDeledio Port (prestia 15+, cotchin 15+, martin 15+, lynch 2+ @ 3.60 sb ) vs Tigers iluvparis (Richmond H2H @ 2 (TS))
Great matchup between 2 punters who've been tipping the Tiges all year. Unsurprisingly, the Tiges come through with the win. Lids was huge all year, stitched up Lynch.
Sorry Grot, stealing your thunder here.

The First Prelin Match is FINALIZED.

Week 3 Finals

OhhDeledio Port (prestia 15+, cotchin 15+, martin 15+, lynch 2+ @ 3.60 sb ) vs Tigers iluvparis (Richmond H2H @ 2 (TS))

Congratulations to iluvparis the First Grand Finalist participant.

Commiserations to OhhDeledio (hopefully that sounded genuine as Tex Walker's speech in '17) In all seriousness awesome punting year and great work for the H&A season.

This is 2020 Finals though.

The toughest have made it through.

Just a heads up for the potential Grand Finalists.

You need to get your bets to me by this Friday night.

Once I received all 3 bets from each of you, then I will post them.

Rules.

1. You must take a screenshot of your bet, odds will change wildly and I want to be fair to both posters.

2. Your bets can be the same, I wont ask for a re submission. (iluvparis is assigned the Tigers, winner of tonight's game has the other team if bets all lose or the winning amount is the same.)

3. Bet size must be between $1.80 and $5

4. If I dont receive the bets by Friday 11.59pm, the opposition punter will be awarded the winner. I will hassle you guys to get it to me. Dont stress.

5. I will determine the winner, based on a $100 wager on each bet and who ends up with the most at the full time siren.

Example.

Punter A

(Assume all bets win here)

Tigers at the line $1.90 is $190 return.

Unders for the game $1.90 is a $190 return.

SGM (random bet) paying $3.50 is a $350 return.

So in total Punter A has won $730 and that result will be compared to Punter B's net result. The winner of the GF is who has won the most.

If both Punters lose and return $0, then winner is based on team assigned.

NonPhixion Ohh Ok

Week 3 Finals FINALIZED

NonPhixion Lions Duncan 20+, Menegola 15+ & Danger 15+ $2.70 - Lads vs Cats Ohh Ok Lions 1-39, Cameron AGS $2.74

Epic at HT.

This is going to be a tense finish for you two.

iluvparis sitting back in his lounge chair waiting for his Grand Finalist.

Congratulations NonPhixion solid bet that won comfortably, your "Danger" was the Lions winning, commiserations to Ohh Ok for a great punting year, the bet looked game on at HT. Being a Crows poster, I tried to rig it, but unfortunately I couldnt get you through to the GF. Typical that two filthy Victorians made it to a grand final.

The Inaugual AFL PUNTER OF THE YEAR 2020

Week 4 Grand Final.

Cats NonPhixion v Tigers iluvparis

This is it. Two very shrewd and calculating punters on here.

As winner and reigning premier next year, you get to tell other punters to f**k off if they think they know better than you, as you have the 2020 AFL Punter of the Year Trophy permanently attached to your Username. :drunk:

Back