Roast AFL Bonus to Poach Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I’m wrapt for Castagna returning.
Disgusting how he got bullied and treated on socials by our supporter base..

Wasn’t his fault he kept getting picked for cluster * clangers every week

But I tell ya what we bloody missed his speed and pressure this season and if he can get his skills and brain fades right he’s a gun
you just know hes gonna be a gun small forward for them while we have nobody again in 2024 there

But I tell ya what we bloody missed his speed and pressure this season and if he can get his skills and brain fades right he’s a gun
It was terrible how he got bullied on social media & I am totally against it but that happens to a lot of players.
there is no way you retire over that.

I think that thing we missed from Castagna most this year was his marking abilities

His set shots are an absolute crap shoot but bloody hell he gave himself plenty of opportunities purely by taking decent marks especially for a small

Really missed that extra marking target forward this season

Was he really burnt out or was this on the cards beforehand?

Shouldn't he have approached the club and said, I'm ****ed, I need a time out (ala Dusty when his dad died), and agreed to come back whrn he was better?

I dont really care if he wanted to break his contract but at least be ******* honest about the reason.
It’s possible that both a true

People seems to be talking as if it’s all black, white and absolutes

Go back and watch his post game pressers from early in the year and it’s pretty obvious he was cooked and not firing on all cylinders
It’s possible he always saw this year as his last but our start of the season was the straw that finally broke him

He’s also had 3 months overseas plenty of time to rejuvenate and get his head back in the game

Personally I think everything has worked out as a net positive for everyone involved and that’s only a good thing and no need to sour it

100%, many of our supporters were dickheads to him. If he wants to join Dimma at Gold Coast then good for him

Well he had a contract to honour, if he wasn't invested in his part of that contract how could he hold the club to ransom?
Damn straight, definitely didn't perform at the level he was being paid after 2020.

Mistake by the club to give him the Contract he got, maybe we should have just not honoured that and paid him less?

Dustin Martin got us those 3 Premiership Cups.

I reckon with cooked sausages it's all about the sauce!!!
Well we all know it is McCrae that has the secret sauce, all Dimma has is the old tomato with a line of mustard

I never thought of it this way when it happened at the time, but is Hardwick leaving a club while heavily in contract a bad precedent for the AFL?
It's smart business from Damien Hardwick who seems ahead of the curve in how to get out of a club when you know it's not going your way & cash in at another club.

But what if we start seeing more coaches in contract like Chris Scott & John Longmhire or Potentially Luke Beveridge sees the writing on the wall & leaves before sacked?

What a bunch of cry babies.
Grow up.
Never read such a load of sooking and crying over how a 13 year tenured coach departed. FFS it’s embarrassing.
And from a few posters I actually rate. But most are the usual Hardwick haters that got it so so wrong about him for 13 years, it’s their only chance to yell at him again.
Good luck to him, good luck to us.
Thought you'd be over on the Sun's Board by now Lovetodownhillski

I never thought of it this way when it happened at the time, but is Hardwick leaving a club while heavily in contract a bad precedent for the AFL?
It's smart business from Damien Hardwick who seems ahead of the curve in how to get out of a club when you know it's not going your way & cash in at another club.

But what if we start seeing more coaches in contract like Chris Scott & John Longmhire or Potentially Luke Beveridge sees the writing on the wall & leaves before sacked?

You are allowed to resign from your job to take up another.

Would have been better to sort it out before the season but let’s be honest. He lost the players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now we hope club can box clever to get back up and climb that mountain.
Typing Typo GIF

Thought you'd be over on the Sun's Board by now Lovetodownhillski

I'll never go there, so wrong again, Mr Growapair.

Might leave here tho, this place is toxic and not the fun it used to be.
All the negativity over Hardwick is pathetic from supporters who were delivered the greatest few years imaginable.
Hardwick may not be to everyone's liking but he doesn't deserve this.

You are allowed to resign from your job to take up another.

Would have been better to sort it out before the season but let’s be honest. He lost the players.
Absoutely just making the point you don't often see it, I guess Ross Lyon kind of did it he's contract ran out though, saw the writing on the wall that St Kilda's almost era was over went to Freo.

Last edited:
I'll never go there, so wrong again, Mr Growapair.

Might leave here tho, this place is toxic and not the fun it used to be.
All the negativity over Hardwick is pathetic from supporters who were delivered the greatest few years imaginable.

Must make for interesting conversation at those family catch-ups ;)

It will be interesting to see if he can handle the social media pressure from 10 members up there.

Just giving you a ribbing bro.

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't .... there is a lot more to this story .... interesting that he won't be bringing any of 'his people' with him.

Maybe the way he has been carrying on there ain't many left?

Last edited:
He has a pre existing working relationship with Mark Evans. He didn’t meet them at Gather Round that’s just you putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5
If you don’t like what I post just put me on ignore , he met with the Gold Coast at the Gather Round in Adelaide get over it

It will be interesting to see if he can handle the social media pressure from 10 members up there.
Exactly what I was thinking.. maybe with not as much pressure and scrutiny up there Chaos excels
And I hope he does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back