Roast AFL Bonus to Poach Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem with Dimma leaving or getting a new job. Just let Dusty see out his contract. I think he actually does owe us that. Didn’t even make All-Australian in 2019 and his Norm in that grannie wasn’t the difference. Lynch got us into that one with five in the prelim. How exactly did Dusty win us 3 flags? 2020 sure, but the others? Took Lambert to get us into that one too. Takes a lot of people to win a flag. He wasn’t going to get any more at North. And why is he always itching to get away from us? 2014, Giants. 2017, North. Rumours of Swans 21/22. Now this? Just one more year Dusty. What’s the hurry?
Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

You take Dusty out of that team and replace him with any other player we don't win any.

Take any other player or any coach out and there is another that could have done what they did, except maybe Cotch but no.

Dusty is the GOAT, and if you lived in Richmond you would understand that once you are here that you don't want to be anywhere else. And if you had lived in the Gold Coast you would understand the Goldy is a place people go to retire, and unless you surf, or fish, there ain't nothing to do.

Dusty has the opportunity now to write his own story, be his own man, be the GOAT. Must be Captain next season. He is ready!

Comedy Reaction GIF by Jo Koy

You take Dusty out of that team and replace him with any other player we don't win any.

Take any other player or any coach out and there is another that could have done what they did, except maybe Cotch but no.

Dusty is the GOAT, and if you lived in Richmond you would understand that once you are here that you don't want to be anywhere else. And if you had lived in the Gold Coast you would understand the Goldy is a place people go to retire, and unless you surf, or fish, there ain't nothing to do.

Dusty has the opportunity now to write his own story, be his own man, be the GOAT. Must be Captain next season. He is ready!
Obviously everyone agrees with that but only up to a point. Sure no other player is more irreplaceable. But if he goes to North, do they win any in his first three years? Wouldn’t even have made finals. So we won him flags too. Even 2020 though of course not on the day. This is not controversial though I can see Dusty is your god, so I hope you can put that aside for just a moment to consider my point. Would love to see him captain. You seem to want him to stay too. Are we even arguing?

Love from Knighter33

If you don’t like what I post just put me on ignore , he met with the Gold Coast at the Gather Round in Adelaide get over it

No he didn’t. You’re making s**t up. Why would they meet in the one place where all AFL eyes are pinned.
Not sure you realise but there are these crazy inventions called planes and this other new high tech thingy called Zoom. You can literally meet anytime anywhere.
Why would I put you on ignore. I like your senile posts and crazy memes.

No he didn’t. You’re making s**t up. Why would they meet in the one place where all AFL eyes are pinned.
Not sure you realise but there are these crazy inventions called planes and this other new high tech thingy called Zoom. You can literally meet anytime anywhere.
Why would you leave a digital a digital track on zoom or something when you can meet at the presidential suite at the Hilton, do you have proof they didn’t meet or are you just a hardwic7 sympathizer

Obviously everyone agrees with that but only up to a point. Sure no other player is more irreplaceable. But if he goes to North, do they win any in his first three years? Wouldn’t even have made finals. So we won him flags too. Even 2020 though of course not on the day. This is not controversial though I can see Dusty is your god, so I hope you can put that aside for just a moment to consider my point. Would love to see him captain. You seem to want him to stay too. Are we even arguing?

Love from Knighter33
Get TigerImposter back, I can't deal with all this dribble .... Now we got blokes with 20 posts trying to tell me that Dusty ain't the GOAT ... I suppose you think LeBron is better than MJ too
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Well, probably because you wanted to be seen. Dimma was a busy boy over in Adelaide, didn't know about this dinner with the Sun's but I did know about another dinner, and so did Benny from what I am told.

Why would you leave a digital a digital track on zoom or something when you can meet at the presidential suite at the Hilton, do you have proof they didn’t meet or are you just a hardwic7 sympathizer

Do you have proof they did meet or are you a bed wetter? You don’t need to answer that.

Was he really burnt out or was this on the cards beforehand?

Shouldn't he have approached the club and said, I'm ****ed, I need a time out (ala Dusty when his dad died), and agreed to come back whrn he was better?

I dont really care if he wanted to break his contract but at least be ******* honest about the reason.
Who cares if he was really burnt out or had the Suns job already lined up.

It was becoming clear that his message was no longer getting through like it was during the premiership years and instead of us being stuck with him for another couple of seasons, he resigned, which actually helps the club as there is no payout needed for sacking him.

Imagine if he was still here the noise about moving him on would be deafening given it had already started just before he resigned.

Now given that Dew was still head coach at the Suns there is no way that Hardwick could come out at his presser and say I'm quitting to go and coach them next year.

So maybe they worked out story about Hardwick being burnt out and needing a break, which he has had, it's been 3 months since he quit, in that time he has travelled, been completely out of the AFL bubble and had a chance to freshen up.

Now he is coach of one of 17 teams that we need to beat to get back to being a premiership contender and all that should matter to us as Richmond fans is who is going to coach us next year and which players are going to be around to take us forward.

Last edited:

What the hell? Mr "I hope you have a good support group if you go through a relationship breakup" is telling us all that integrity and truth don't matter?

Listen up mate, that is precisely why I (and I suspect many others) am annoyed.

If you don't think integrity or truth are important, good luck to you. As you said: I hope you have a good support group around you because you're going to need it. Frequently. No one wants to work for or be involved with someone who isn't a man of their word. That's a non-negotiable for most people.

And you know what, he could have been honest about it: "* this job! I quit!"
So make a statement that "it's in the best interests of both parties that I leave immediately"

Or maybe it was: "* that's a sweet as job in the Gold Coast"
So talk to the club and manage a parting of ways that is honest and transparent. He could have left with some dignity.

Instead he tells us about this "magic" burnout that came and went in the space of a few weeks. Seriously man. Are you really buying that? Even if this magic short term burnout was true, wouldn't a person of integrity come back from Europe and say "I am refreshed, I gave you my word that I would coach until the end of 2024, and if you want me back, here I am". By all means the club might say thanks but no thanks, and then he can join the Suns, purely by coincidence of course.

Last edited:
It doesn't come off that way at all, not to me at least. He refers to it a few times as an "interesting" decision, but I don't think there's anything in that. Maybe the one thing upon re-watching is at the end of the Dimma chat he says something along the lines of "I hope 12, 18, 24 months down the track he doesn't realise he is indeed still tired" something along those lines.

Anyway you can watch and decide for yourself, the Dimma chat starts at 7.16 into the below video. FWIW I just think it's the handful of fans who for some reason think we were "played" by someone who didn't want to coach us anymore and the media trying to push any potential drama.

Apart from everything else Cotch 100% backs up the burnt out story.
So clowns outside can base their arguments on made up stories...but listen to Cotch, he's right there with him every day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now he is coach of one of 17 teams that we need to beat to get back to being a premiership contender and all that should matter to us as Richmond fans is who is going to coach us next year and which players are going to be around to take us forward.

this is the pragmatic and necessary view for the running of the club ofc

but this is a roast thread after all

integrity matters and ppl are pissed off over it

its much easier to process and move on

when the truth is told

What the hell? Mr "I hope you have a good support group if you go through a relationship breakup" is telling us all that integrity and truth don't matter?

If you don't think integrity or truth are important, good luck to you. As you said: I hope you have a good support group around you because you're going to need it. Frequently. No one wants to work for or be involved with someone who isn't a man of their word. That's a non-negotiable for most people.

So make a statement that "it's in the best interests of both parties that I leave immediately"

So talk to the club and manage a parting of ways that is honest and transparent. He could have left with some dignity.

Instead he tells us about this "magic" burnout that came and went in the space of a few weeks. Seriously man. Are you really buying that? Even if this magic short term burnout was true, wouldn't a person of integrity come back from Europe and say "I am refreshed, I gave you my word that I would coach until the end of 2024, and if you want me back, here I am". By all means the club might say thanks but no thanks, and then he can join the Suns, purely by coincidence of course.
He never said he was burnt out, that one is on the media but he was looking pretty ragged there for a while and probably thought he had run his race at Richmond. Where did he say he wouldn't coach next year?

He never said he was burnt out, that one is on the media but he was looking pretty ragged there for a while and probably thought he had run his race at Richmond. Where did he say he wouldn't coach next year?

“I’ve been doing some thinking. I’m done. I’m cooked,” the coach said.

"They discussed if this was just the exhaustion of loss that had left him flat and burnt out, but the more they talked, the more they were both convinced this was not just the disappointment of another defeat."

Instead he tells us about this "magic" burnout that came and went in the space of a few weeks. Seriously man. Are you really buying that? Even if this magic short term burnout was true, wouldn't a person of integrity come back from Europe and say "I am refreshed, and if you want me back, here I am". By all means the club might say thanks but no thanks, and then he can join the Suns, purely by coincidence of course.
Firstly I'd appreciate it if you actually discuss the topic without the personal commentary.

Secondly, Hardwick calling up Gale after the Bombers game and saying mate I'm done is being honest and showing integrity. He could have easily said * it these clowns have me contracted for another couple of years so I'm going to hang around until they sack me, so that I get a juicy payout on the way out the door.

Perhaps you should refresh yourself with what Damien said when he announced his resignation:

“It just became a little bit too much for me. It was one of those ones where I sort of made the decision that I wasn’t going to be the coach of Richmond next year … Once I decided that part of the equation started to slip away then I started to question myself about what it was like to coach Richmond. As soon as I started to ask the question more, I started to understand what the answer was going to be.

“The best thing for myself was to step aside. If I couldn’t give 100 per cent, there was no way I was going to coach this footy club.

“If I couldn’t give this playing group, this club, these people beside me, the very best of Damien Hardwick, I wasn’t prepared to see it out."

I'd suggest that Hardwick showed both honesty and integrity when he decided to step awaywhen he did FWIW, he never mentioned that he was burnt out, it was Caroline Wilson that mentioned it after the announcement was made.

Perhaps you'd have preferred that Damien remained and continued to phone it in for the remainder of the season and then announced sometime next month that he was quitting. Would that be the type of honesty and integrity that you'd find acceptable?

It was becoming clear that his message was no longer getting through like it was during the premiership years and instead of us being stuck with him for another couple of seasons, he resigned, which actually helps the club as there is no payout needed for sacking him.

Imagine if he was still here the noise about moving him on would be deafening given it had already started just before he resigned.

Now given that Dew was still head coach at the Suns there is no way that Hardwick could come out at his presser and say I'm quitting to go and coach them next year.

So maybe they worked out story about Hardwick being burnt out and needing a break, which he has had, it's been 3 months since he quit, in that time he has travelled, been completely out of the AFL bubble and had a chance to freshen up.

Shut up fool....

I am trying to sell stones for the Stoning

There are two sides here, one side that wishes him well with no hard feelings and another that find what he did disgusting, both sides are correct in the way they feel. I for one like i have said many times now think he is a dog, or an idiot. only time will tell.

Last edited:
Firstly I'd appreciate it if you actually discuss the topic without the personal commentary.

Secondly, Hardwick calling up Gale after the Bombers game and saying mate I'm done is being honest and showing integrity. He could have easily said * it these clowns have me contracted for another couple of years so I'm going to hang around until they sack me, so that I get a juicy payout on the way out the door.

Perhaps you should refresh yourself with what Damien said when he announced his resignation:

“It just became a little bit too much for me. It was one of those ones where I sort of made the decision that I wasn’t going to be the coach of Richmond next year … Once I decided that part of the equation started to slip away then I started to question myself about what it was like to coach Richmond. As soon as I started to ask the question more, I started to understand what the answer was going to be.

“The best thing for myself was to step aside. If I couldn’t give 100 per cent, there was no way I was going to coach this footy club.

“If I couldn’t give this playing group, this club, these people beside me, the very best of Damien Hardwick, I wasn’t prepared to see it out."

I'd suggest that Hardwick showed both honesty and integrity when he decided to step awaywhen he did FWIW, he never mentioned that he was burnt out, it was Caroline Wilson that mentioned it after the announcement was made.

Perhaps you'd have preferred that Damien remained and continued to phone it in for the remainder of the season and then announced sometime next month that he was quitting. Would that be the type of honesty and integrity that you'd find acceptable?
I mean, only if your buying what he is saying, I just think he is full of s**t.

I think the actual truth would go a long way towards being honest but we'll never know until 20-30 years from now on open Mike pt 2

this is the pragmatic and necessary view for the running of the club ofc

but this is a roast thread after all

integrity matters and ppl are pissed off over it

its much easier to process and move on

when the truth is told
If integrity and honesty matters so much, then surely Hardwick being honest and showing integrity by walking away when he couldn't commit to giving the players, club and fans 100% effort in coaching the team was the right thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back