Roast AFL Bonus to Poach Hardwick

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If integrity and honesty matters so much, then surely Hardwick being honest and showing integrity by walking away when he couldn't commit to giving the players, club and fans 100% effort in coaching the team was the right thing to do.

Mate your arguing with brick walls and bed wetters. Few need to shake their fist at a cloud and move on

If integrity and honesty matters so much, then surely Hardwick being honest and showing integrity by walking away when he couldn't commit to giving the players, club and fans 100% effort in coaching the team was the right thing to do.

I'll preface this guy saying I think Dimma is a Richmond legend, he did a lot for our club. But the question is at what point was he no longer giving 100 percent? The trading of pics and recruitment of hopper and Taranto slightly bothers me if his mind was already half way out the door, more so if the AFL or gold coast were already in contact.

I mean, only if your buying what he is saying, I just think he is full of s**t.

I think the actual truth would go a long way towards being honest but we'll never know until 20-30 years from now on open Mike pt 2
Why is it so hard to simply take what he said as being the truth?

Is it because it makes it easier to deal with by thinking there was some conspiracy in place that saw him leave?

It's like the only way some posters can deal with change involving our club is to float some sort of conspiracy theory.

When we started losing games it was because the umpires and AFL conspired against us with bias umpiring and rules specifically designed to stop us. It couldn't possibly be that opposition teams had worked out how to beat us along with our players getting older and no longer being at the level they once were. That would just be too simple I guess and not as much fun as the conspiracy angle.

Why is it so hard to simply take what he said as being the truth?

Is it because it makes it easier to deal with by thinking there was some conspiracy in place that saw him leave?

It's like the only way some posters can deal with change involving our club is to float some sort of conspiracy theory.

When we started losing games it was because the umpires and AFL conspired against us with bias umpiring and rules specifically designed to stop us. It couldn't possibly be that opposition teams had worked out how to beat us along with our players getting older and no longer being at the level they once were. That would just be too simple I guess and not as much fun as the conspiracy angle.

Im not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't don't believe what he has been saying and I don't have to, if you think the sun still shines out his ass and you ok with what he has done then fine but not everyone else has to feel the same way mate. there just seems to be a lot of holes for one him saying he is burnt out then all of a sudden being re-invigorated it makes not sense to me and a lot of other people. It just seems to me like there is a lot that hasn't been said and won't get said and we'll never know.

Talk Talking To Myself GIF by Facepunch Studios

Mate your arguing with brick walls and bed wetters.
It's not often I say this but domin8 , you are right.... I seen _RT_ talking to that same wall every week for years.

Im not a conspiracy theorist, I just don't don't believe what he has been saying and I don't have to, if you think the sun still shines out his ass and you ok with what he has done then fine but not everyone else has to feel the same way mate. there just seems to be a lot of holes for one him saying he is burnt out then all of a sudden being re-invigorated it makes not sense to me and a lot of other people. It just seems to me like there is a lot that hasn't been said and won't get said and we'll never know.

Pretty easy to think along these lines. GC job available end of 23. Management contacted.

Wanted one last go at it with the list and bring in some midfield help. Need a perfect season injury wise to go all the way.

Injuries to key players and form early ****ed us from the start. Knew he had the GC job in the bag why stick around when you’ve lost the players and have 2/3 of the season to go.

Not condoning it but in my mind that kind of seems what happened

He delivered 3 flags. Get over it! Even if he did have the Gold Coast job lined up, he did it in a way where he had a break before hand and didn't just walk out Ross Lyon style who mind you has already been forgiven at St Kilda.

I remember on stage in 2017 he said to the fans after Grand Final day, Enjoy this because grand finals are hard to bloody win and guess what he delivered 2 more and a minor premiership.
I always thought he was a shifty prick sly false l know we won 3 flags but I really think it had lot to do with his assistants
under him they changed game plan that turned it all round .

I'll preface this guy saying I think Dimma is a Richmond legend, he did a lot for our club. But the question is at what point was he no longer giving 100 percent? The trading of pics and recruitment of hopper and Taranto slightly bothers me if his mind was already half way out the door, more so if the AFL or gold coast were already in contact.
September last year we played an elimination final losing by under a goal so I can understand the decision made by the club, not just Hardwick on his own, to go and target players like Taranto & Hopper to try and make one last run. Unfortunately injuries and form meant that the best laid plans didn't turn out the way the club hoped, so when things kept going wrong, I believe that is when Hardwick made the decision to walk away.

Well, probably because you wanted to be seen. Dimma was a busy boy over in Adelaide, didn't know about this dinner with the Sun's but I did know about another dinner, and so did Benny from what I am told.

Met with Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies didn't mean to suggest you were a conspiracy theorist.

Firstly, I don't think the sun shines out of his ass I simply treat him as a former coach who has moved on.

Secondly happy for people to dislike the bloke, however I feel its unfair to pot the bloke that the majority of us didn't personally know.

Thirdly he never said he was burnt out so to speak, he just knew his time was done with us and made the early decision to walk away.

Finally, having been through a period where I was burnt out and had to stop working for about 4 months while I recovered, I can understand how he could have been flat after 13 years at the club and needing a break before bouncing back and taking up a new challenge.

Finally, having been through a period where I was burnt out and had to stop working for about 4 months while I recovered, I can understand how he could have been flat after 13 years at the club and needing a break before bouncing back and taking up a new challenge.
Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are doing okay

I can understand how our fans can be happy that Hardwick got 3 flags for our club & have no hard feelings him getting the Suns job that's fair enough, but I can't understand how our current playing group can be happy about him getting the Suns job, like I heard Short saying how happy he is for him & other players seem happy? that's laughable they should be absolutely filthy with him leaving & getting another job in the space of 3 months regardless of them needed a new voice that's a terrible look imo.

I can understand how our fans can be happy that Hardwick got 3 flags for our club & have no hard feelings him getting the Suns job that's fair enough, but I can't understand how our current playing group can be happy about him getting the Suns job, like I heard Short saying how happy he is for him & other players seem happy? that's laughable they should be absolutely filthy with him leaving & getting another job in the space of 3 months regardless of them needed a new voice that's a terrible look imo.
Well it would make sense if he didn't jump but was pushed instead, right?

There are two sides here, one side that wishes him well with no hard feelings and another that find what he did disgusting, both sides are correct in the way they feel. I for one like i have said many times now think he is a dog, or an idiot. only time will tell.
Yeah Hardwick’s decision was always going to divide people, and I can see both sides of the argument too.

I’m personally in the other camp. I see where Hardwick is coming from. It’s tough being a coach, let alone a 3-time Premiership coach over 12-13 years. Just look at Hawthorn as an example of what can happen if a successful coach overstays. Clarkson stayed post-dynasty and was steering them the wrong direction. A fresher Mitchell then came in, undid what Clarkson did, and put them back on track.

Hardwick was showing signs of steering us in the wrong direction too, and he probably realised that given he stated along the lines of him not being the person to take us forward. Maybe he stepped aside to prevent setting us back for years. I believe that because we started seeing signs of that already this year.

That’s why I don’t harbour any hatred for him. I get it and see all that he’s talking about. I hope he does well at Gold Coast and maybe even wins a couple of Premierships. Well, obviously not at our expense, but still.

Pretty easy to think along these lines. GC job available end of 23. Management contacted.

Wanted one last go at it with the list and bring in some midfield help. Need a perfect season injury wise to go all the way.

Injuries to key players and form early ****ed us from the start. Knew he had the GC job in the bag why stick around when you’ve lost the players and have 2/3 of the season to go.

Not condoning it but in my mind that kind of seems what happened

Add to the mix he knew a lot of players he grew with at the club were going to retire
Apologies didn't mean to suggest you were a conspiracy theorist.

Firstly, I don't think the sun shines out of his ass I simply treat him as a former coach who has moved on.

Secondly happy for people to dislike the bloke, however I feel its unfair to pot the bloke that the majority of us didn't personally know.

Thirdly he never said he was burnt out so to speak, he just knew his time was done with us and made the early decision to walk away.

well you did go pretty hard me with he conspiracy theory angle.

I was pretty sure he did say it somewhere but I can't find it even if he didn't say those exact words he certainly more than a hand full implied it, and people significant people didn't disagree with the suggestion, for example cotchin.

If you're burnt out then take a break and come back to the club, why didn't he do that? I mean he is now at another club coaching and the wound is still fresh.

I just can't reconcile the mindset behind that decision with all the talk of loving the club and players it feels like a massive contradiction. next he'll be saying how much he loves the GC players.

I was ok with it at first. I thought fair enough, if you know then you know. I to have had burnout from working, mine was a year off so can I understand that.

it's just the more I think about it the more I question the whole thing. especially seeing him in front of all 5 GC members spouting his rhetoric.

I'll move on. I am already starting. half of me putting s**t up on bigfooty is personal therapy. I have been using bigfooty as therapy ever since Terry wallet. those were some tuff years, he was way more full of s**t than Dimma.

Well it would make sense if he didn't jump but was pushed instead, right?
I think if he had a year off... he could have played the refreshed, recharged card better there still would have been a job for him next year in the AFL. I am not unhappy about him leaving because I know we needed a new voice & I have been saying we needed a new coach in the Life after Hardwick thread that got changed to Richmond's next senior coach.

But put yourself Taranto & Hopper shoes you have been convinced to come to the club by Hardwick than you bail when the season hasn't panned out as you hoped.
I'm sorry but it's a dog act.

I'll use Hardwick's words that he likes to use...
As much as people on here won't admit "the reality is the fact of matter is you cheated on your wife & you lost the players."

I think if he had a year off... he could have played the refreshed, recharged card better there still would have been a job for him next year in the AFL. I am not unhappy about him leaving because I know we needed a new voice & I have been saying we needed a new coach in the Life after Hardwick thread that got changed to Richmond's next senior coach.

But if yourself Taranto & Hopper shoes you have been convinced to come to the club by Hardwick than you bail when the season hasn't panned out as you hoped.
I'm sorry but it's a dog act.

I'll use Hardwick's words that he likes to use...
As much as people on here won't admit "the reality is the fact of matter is you cheated on your wife & you lost the players."
which was done over a period of time.

My wife had been saying for ages that he she feels the players had lost respect for him especially top family men like cotchin and reiwoldt, if the heart and soul of richmond lose even a small amount of respect for you your ****ed.

well you did go pretty hard me with he conspiracy theory angle.
Wasn't meant to come across as it did, I wasn't directing it specifically to you. Apologies again
I was pretty sure he did say it somewhere but I can't find it even if he didn't say those exact words he certainly more than a hand full implied it, and people significant people didn't disagree with the suggestion, for example cotchin.
As far as I can tell it was Caro who started with the burnt out comments and people latched on to it
If you're burnt out then take a break and come back to the club, why didn't he do that? I mean he is now at another club coaching and the wound is still fresh.
Speaking from experience sometimes trying to go back to the place where you became burnt out isn't the best thing as you start to rehash the reasons you became burnt out in the first place.
I just can't reconcile the mindset behind that decision with all the talk of loving the club and players it feels like a massive contradiction. next he'll be saying how much he loves the GC players.

I was ok with it at first. I thought fair enough, if you know then you know. I to have had burnout from working, mine was a year off so can I understand that.
it's just the more I think about it the more I question the whole thing. especially seeing him in front of all 5 GC members spouting his rhetoric.

I'll move on. I am already starting. half of me putting s**t up on bigfooty is personal therapy. I have been using bigfooty as therapy ever since Terry wallet. those were some tuff years, he was way more full of s**t than Dimma.
I justified it in this way. Hardwick has cashed in due to the Suns being desperate for success, which is a win-win for him.

Also I'm with you on using this place as personal therapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back