AFL bragging about Chinese TV ratings

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
On their continued mission to prove they are the dumbest sporting administration on the planet, the AFL have decided that hot of the heels of a major scandal reported in world wide news about the Chinese government trying to use their financial muscle to squash free speech in a major sporting body, today would be a good day to brag about TV ratings for the Grand Final in China:

Record TV ratings in China for Tigers' Grand Final triumph - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-23/record-tv-ratings-in-china-for-tigers-grand-final-triumph

Is there anyone that doesn't think Gilligan wouldn't immediately bend over backwards to try and please the CCP if it meant financial reward for the administrators?

On their continued mission to prove they are the dumbest sporting administration on the planet, the AFL have decided that hot of the heels of a major scandal reported in world wide news about the Chinese government trying to use their financial muscle to squash free speech in a major sporting body, today would be a good day to brag about TV ratings for the Grand Final in China:

Record TV ratings in China for Tigers' Grand Final triumph - http://m.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-23/record-tv-ratings-in-china-for-tigers-grand-final-triumph

Is there anyone that doesn't think Gilligan wouldn't immediately bend over backwards to try and please the CCP if it meant financial reward for the administrators?

Well, 5.67m is quite a lot for a code like ours, it's almost double the amount of people that watched the game in Australia.

You understand that only 2.94m watched the AFL Grand Final in Australia don't you?

Never mind Gil - Victorian Premier Andrews has today signed a further agreement (after initially signing on last year) committing Victoria to further involvement in China's 'road and belt' infrastructure project - https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed
So Gil is just following the lead of 'Red Dan'. We better get used to it - Chinese power and influence will only continue to grow unabated as the West continues its inexorable cultural decline.

I agree - those good ol' days when Richmond finished ninth instead of being premiers.
That is true.

I was talking about my enjoyment of the league as a whole though, not my selfish reasonings on personal (club that I barrack for) success.

It's just a personal opinion though. Some may say rose tinted glasses, others may prefer the current situation.

Never mind Gil - Victorian Premier Andrews has today signed a further agreement (after initially signing on last year) committing Victoria to further involvement in China's 'road and belt' infrastructure project - https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...ml?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed
So Gil is just following the lead of 'Red Dan'. We better get used to it - Chinese power and influence will only continue to grow unabated as the West continues its inexorable cultural decline.

Dan vehemently refutes the accusation that he controls information to the public
EHbpjviVAAANMJ5.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooooo....what are we doing here? Piling on the AFL and Gil cos the NBA rolled over to chinese hypersensitivity?

Do you think this might be a little unhinged?

So let me understand thus ; Richmond once again sets a viewing record to go with its membership and home game crowd record ? Yes the biggest club quite easily .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well, 5.67m is quite a lot for a code like ours, it's almost double the amount of people that watched the game in Australia.

You understand that only 2.94m watched the AFL Grand Final in Australia don't you?
Is that 2.94m the tv ratings (ie TV sets tuned in) or estimated number of viewers?

In my experience, there are usually more eyes per TV set in GF day than a regular match, what with bbqs and all that.

Sooooo....what are we doing here? Piling on the AFL and Gil cos the NBA rolled over to chinese hypersensitivity?

Do you think this might be a little unhinged?

The NBA didn't roll over though, they backed the Houston Rockets' GM and his stance. China then got the shits up, and refused to broadcast the NBA's opening day fixtures yesterday.

Is that 2.94m the tv ratings (ie TV sets tuned in) or estimated number of viewers?

In my experience, there are usually more eyes per TV set in GF day than a regular match, what with bbqs and all that.
I get that we live in the digital age and all, but how do they accurately measure the number of TVs that have tuned into a free signal that comes over the air?

This is just Gilligan’s attempt at deflection. He doesn’t want you to know that the GF viewing audience in Sydney for his love child GWS was half of the Sydney viewing audience when the Swans played the hawks in 14.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back