AFL Brownlow Win

Who is going to win the Brownlow in 2019?

• Tim Kelly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adam Treloar

• Josh Dunkley

• Dom Sheed

• Charlie Cameron

• Jack Macrae

• Andrew Gaff

• Luke Shuey

• Elliot Yeo

• Travis Boak

• Brad Crouch

• Matt Crouch

• Ben Cunnington

• Max Gawn

• Tim Taranto

• Other

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
HELLO/ZDRAVETE

Just a small thread on who people think will win the AFL Brownlow in 2019!?!?

I didn't allow multiple votes, but if you think more than one winner this year, then put a comment below.

All comments welcome.

Also, if you choose Other, put a comment below.

Cheers
CR

Reckon the Bont has this one. Happy for Kelly to do well but off the back of his late season form I reckon he's out. Danger will have too many votes taken by Kelly. Cripps I think should be short odds for 2020.

Dogs have enough wins this season and young Marcus has been front and centre for I think all of them.

Reckon the Bont has this one. Happy for Kelly to do well but off the back of his late season form I reckon he's out. Danger will have too many votes taken by Kelly. Cripps I think should be short odds for 2020.

Dogs have enough wins this season and young Marcus has been front and centre for I think all of them.
I reckon Macrae and Dunkley will take votes off the Bont

Put money on Kelly in the preseason and was feeling damn good about myself for a while there.
But now I'd go
1. McRae
2. Neale
3. Danger

Yeah, I reckon Macrae, Dunkley and Bont are gonna take votes from each other. All having some blistering games.

You can pencil the Bont for the AFLCA now.

Fyfe and Cripps are ones that probably have less competition from within.

TK will lead until probably Round 18ish. Dangerfield coming home with a wet sail.

Not so sure about Neale, Grundy or Treloar.

Dangerfield is a near certainty IMO. He’ll get a minimum of 8, potentially 9, votes in our last three games.

Currently a $2.50 favourite w/ major betting outlets...
I have to agree.
Although, I think we can become short-sighted towards more recent performances as a gauge of the entire season when it comes to the Brownlow, sometimes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Danger for mine. Will just pip Cripps, Fyfe and Bont at the post. Wouldn't mind seeing both Cripps and Danger share it, as I would love to see Crippa win one

Is there going to be controversy from the last round...

Brisbane Lions star Lachie Neale’s Brownlow Medal chances could in doubt, with the Match Review Officer reportedly looking at an incident over an alleged strike in the second quarter.
According to The Age, Michael Christian is investigating an alleged strike in an off-the-ball scuffle with Richmond’s Jack Graham during the second quarter.
Neale finished with a career-high 51 disposals in Round 23, pushing his claims to win the AFL’s highest individual honour.
But if suspended by Christian, it would mean that not only does Neale become unavailable for Brisbane’s Qualifying Final with Richmond, it would make him ineligible to take home the medal.
Graham played out the game and is understood to not be injured.

Let's all be honest, even if he did make contact it will be downplayed and at most be a fine

Lachie Neale will s**t it in by about 10 votes I reckon. I honestly dont know how anyone could think Danger has been the best this year, he has been good but has hardly been unstoppable and consistent.

Lachie Neale will s**t it in by about 10 votes I reckon. I honestly dont know how anyone could think Danger has been the best this year, he has been good but has hardly been unstoppable and consistent.
Not about being the best necessarily. He's very noticeable though. A big or fairly big Dangerfield game will nearly always get votes and he's had plenty of them and in a side that's won 16 games. Most of the time ok in our losses too.

Not about being the best necessarily. He's very noticeable though. A big or fairly big Dangerfield game will nearly always get votes and he's had plenty of them and in a side that's won 16 games. Most of the time ok in our losses too.

I dont disagree that he stands out but I just dont think he has been as dominant as people are making out, i also think he will have guys taking votes off him too often, but you never know, I dont know if its a good thing or a bad thing that he wins another, his head is big enough as it is :p

Brownlow isn't really about the best though.
It's for midfielders who are in a winning side that stand out and historically gets votes.

Has Grundy played a bad game this season? Neale has been great, Danger had a slow start, and the three leather-pigs at the doggies will be sharing votes.
Pies have other good players, but Grundy shines the brightest week in and week out.

Kelly will just about be leading at half way. Danger will wet sail it but I fear they took too many off each other.
I can’t recall, but did Danger dominate any games in the 1H?

Edit: just checked the most reliable source of info, the MVP on this board. Danger probably scored 2 BOG’s, some ones and 2’s

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back