AFL bullies

Remove this Banner Ad

cleomenes

Cancelled
Nov 18, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
The response of the AFL to the Joel Selwood twitter about Folau, closely following the trashing of Matthew Rendl by Dimitriou, labels the AFL management as a gang of bullies unable to deal with anything that even relates to football in a balanced way.
A complete cleanout of these people is in order.

Honestly, the only wrong thing here are people who think it's some sort of conspiracy he got off.
Have a look at the footage. (About 3:40)

Selwood either looks silly for thinking Folau should get weeks for either of those; or he looks silly for publicly commenting on incidents he didn't see. Either way not a good look.

And the precedent of not making public comment about reports etc is a pretty old one & pretty standard.

I have no problem with Folau getting off or otherwise, but the refusal of the AFL to allow criticism of any of its activities riles me every time. The precedent is only that the AFL will crucify any player, umpire or official who dares suggest that there is ever any error on the part of any AFL administrator or official. As for players having a sense of humour..........

Honestly, the only wrong thing here are people who think it's some sort of conspiracy he got off.
Have a look at the footage. (About 3:40)

Selwood either looks silly for thinking Folau should get weeks for either of those; or he looks silly for publicly commenting on incidents he didn't see. Either way not a good look.

And the precedent of not making public comment about reports etc is a pretty old one & pretty standard.

Perhaps Selwood thought the reports were a joke in the first place, which is why he wasn't surprised when Folau wasn't suspended for them.

I think the reports weren't worthy of a suspension.

But if anyone who thinks the AFL's latest marquee poaching could have done anything to get rubbed out for GWS's first game, they seriously need their head read.

Perhaps Selwood thought the reports were a joke in the first place, which is why he wasn't surprised when Folau wasn't suspended for them.

"Had a feeling Israel Folau was always going to get the all clear to play this Sat night, did anyone else think differently? #hopehegoeswell"

If he actually meant what you said, then he's seriously poor at getting his thoughts across.

Funny, because I actually took Selwood's tweet at exactly that, silly reports that shouldn't have ever happened. People read too much into stuff, not everybody is overly sarcastic like the people on the interwebs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back