AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's a new one, from a very reliable source, Jimmy Coatesworth has been given the arse for ex North Melbourne player Corey Jones!

What did Jimmy do wrong? No matter how good an ex AFL player is, you cant do more than win the flag, and then look just as strong the following season if not stronger.

Where's our old mate Lachrilly for some verification?

Heard that one last Thursday, but was waiting on confirmation, over to you Lachrilly

also heard Willie Allick to the Bulldogs with Tyson Lane. Powell in discussions as well.

Heard that one last Thursday, but was waiting on confirmation, over to you Lachrilly

also heard Willie Allick to the Bulldogs with Tyson Lane. Powell in discussions as well.

Also heard that, apparently Powell signed with hawks after knocking back an offer from Centrals, and they will prob let Alick go.

I think it's a bit early but I know that North's have a different focus this year and maybe this is a part of it. Let's ask Watson's. What's happening in Tigerland Watson's?
AGM held at the club yesterday, and for the 1st time in years, it was a happy occasion. Major positive was the 16 new faces that put their hand up to be on the committee, a major changing of the guard with some bright young faces committing to the club and its future.
As for training starting so early, there is a core group of about 8-10 senior players that were at the AGM and all seemed keen to get into it, in fact there was genuine enthusiasm around the whole place and the '11 season can't come soon enough...

AGM held at the club yesterday, and for the 1st time in years, it was a happy occasion. Major positive was the 16 new faces that put their hand up to be on the committee, a major changing of the guard with some bright young faces committing to the club and its future.
As for training starting so early, there is a core group of about 8-10 senior players that were at the AGM and all seemed keen to get into it, in fact there was genuine enthusiasm around the whole place and the '11 season can't come soon enough...

That's fantastic news,

new blood to help the club go forward and spread the workload,

well done all concerned :thumbsu:

Hadn't heard that one guys. Jones was in the bridal party for one of Saints players weddings a month or so ago but would seriously doubt Coatsworth has been given the ass. I might be wrong. Will get on it

Jones's sister got married to Jezza Dixon from the saints and Poo will still be coaching the Saints next yr

Good to see the Tigers moving in a positive direction.

The Hawks had 20 odd at there AGM last Friday and have a dozen on the committee with more to come apparently.

And I hope you are right about Jimmy Gault, would be a low blow if it's true.

And plugger, Yep...bring on 2011!!!!!

Gotta love footy!

I hear they are in tatters up in Port, players have been caught shagging other players wives and girlfriends and on drugs etc...Minchington has gone to Tatura in the GV, Beetham was bought a plane ticket home and told to stay there. Any others I've missed? They will be back to average next season?

Is Coatesworth really being told to move over for Corey Jones? Or is that one really a rumor?

And here's a new one, from a very reliable source, Jimmy Coatesworth has been given the arse for ex North Melbourne player Corey Jones!

What did Jimmy do wrong? No matter how good an ex AFL player is, you cant do more than win the flag, and then look just as strong the following season if not stronger.

Where's our old mate Lachrilly for some verification?

It would appear that the "fabled" Saints Culture is showing some cracks if this is the case.:p

I hear they are in tatters up in Port, players have been caught shagging other players wives and girlfriends and on drugs etc...Minchington has gone to Tatura in the GV, Beetham was bought a plane ticket home and told to stay there. Any others I've missed? They will be back to average next season?

Is Coatesworth really being told to move over for Corey Jones? Or is that one really a rumor?

Have heard the same thing. But not sure about Beetham.

Ahh I thought something was in the air as per my previous comments. I think it will be a big year for Norths. That Ressies Grand Final win would have been a huge morale booster for the club.

The former Snake Pit has been quiet. Are the boys from the refurbished Lions Den at Holloways being coy? Does anyone know what's happening out that way?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The former Snake Pit has been quiet. Are the boys from the refurbished Lions Den at Holloways being coy? Does anyone know what's happening out that way?
Saw in paper that former Norths veteran Tim Seymour is coaching, bit of a surprise, can't see McGuane playing there as player only.
On Centrals, last years skipper Ben James and big Seirakowski both had their farewells on Saturday night, coulple of major losses for the new coach to deal with.

Saw in paper that former Norths veteran Tim Seymour is coaching, bit of a surprise, can't see McGuane playing there as player only.
On Centrals, last years skipper Ben James and big Seirakowski both had their farewells on Saturday night, coulple of major losses for the new coach to deal with.

Where are those two headed Watsons? South? Mcguane may not want to stay on as a player only, but this new 8 point rule hobbles any player having a choice. It's a rule we need but this may be a great example of how it can be unfair to an individual.

Is anyone from Port on here that can tell us if the club has imploded?

Hope Lane has some tricks up his sleeve, or a bus load of players.... Knew they were in a bit of trouble last year but I'm unsure if Lane is the answer with his past coaching record and manner in which he has departed the clubs.

Great news at the Tiger den, every move has been in the right direction of late and I look forward to the players Richter brings with him.

Sounds like there are a few departures from the league, does anyone have any good news about recruits? Maybe something at Souths Tamba? A coach? Anything????

Hope Lane has some tricks up his sleeve, or a bus load of players.... Knew they were in a bit of trouble last year but I'm unsure if Lane is the answer with his past coaching record and manner in which he has departed the clubs.

Great news at the Tiger den, every move has been in the right direction of late and I look forward to the players Richter brings with him.

Sounds like there are a few departures from the league, does anyone have any good news about recruits? Maybe something at Souths Tamba? A coach? Anything????

Recruiting is going along fine at South's, a couple new players have signed to strengthen the side. We have lost two to Canberra as previously stated, Campbell & Lock

The Penguin will announce the new coach all in good time in the local Media, I have been asked NOT to name him here till then, even though I know who it is and about him, where from, resume, etc., very sorry fellas

I hope P D has not imploded or Centrals have no players to training for the sake of the competition.

Recruiting is going along fine at South's, a couple new players have signed to strengthen the side. We have lost two to Canberra as previously stated, Campbell & Lock

The Penguin will announce the new coach all in good time in the local Media, I have been asked NOT to name him here till then, even though I know who it is and about him, where from, resume, etc., very sorry fellas

I hope P D has not imploded or Centrals have no players to training for the sake of the competition.

I have heard Port have lost a dozen already, and that Centrals have no one there in either committee or playing ranks. Hope this isn't true of Centrals, although Port we could be forgiven for thinking that's what you trying to buy a flag?? I do hope they both pull thru ok though because as Tamba says, the comp is weak enough as it is.

I have heard Port have lost a dozen already, and that Centrals have no one there in either committee or playing ranks. Hope this isn't true of Centrals, although Port we could be forgiven for thinking that's what you trying to buy a flag?? I do hope they both pull thru ok though because as Tamba says, the comp is weak enough as it is.

Well fella's I can tell you Port is going along fine. They have a strong balance sheet to work with next season. They're like any other club with minor dents and hick ups along the way. Nothing that will truble them.

He didn't ask me......:p I am open to incentive payments as they like to say at Saints.

Well fella's I can tell you Port is going along fine. They have a strong balance sheet to work with next season. They're like any other club with minor dents and hick ups along the way. Nothing that will truble them.

PD is going along fine? I have heard the club has fallen apart amongst the midst of some of the boys knocking off team mates partners. Apparently Beethem and Minchington have left the club in disgrace for what they did along with at least another 6-8 top quality players moving on also. This came from someone involved in the PD football club.

PD is going along fine? I have heard the club has fallen apart amongst the midst of some of the boys knocking off team mates partners. Apparently Beethem and Minchington have left the club in disgrace for what they did along with at least another 6-8 top quality players moving on also. This came from someone involved in the PD football club.
I have'nt heard of one player being confirmed of moving to any AFL CAIRNS club recently.. is it the work or most clubs can't afford to get players up north.. with no comfirmation.... is it going to be a tough year for the league and clubs in general

I have'nt heard of one player being confirmed of moving to any AFL CAIRNS club recently.. is it the work or most clubs can't afford to get players up north.. with no comfirmation.... is it going to be a tough year for the league and clubs in general

Too early to name who's moving here for most clubs,

the cat & mouse game is in effect as usual this time of year, also with clubs in deep discussions with those who shall be nameless from here & southern clubs if others found out they might pinch them.

You'll find names being bantered around late Jan. early Feb.

Saying that work WILL be a factor for a lot

I have! Apparently Saints have spent a bit again. Oh sorry, appointed another half a dozen assistant coaches I mean..lol
And that Corey Jones rumor just won't die..I'm still hearing he is coaching?

I have! Apparently Saints have spent a bit again. Oh sorry, appointed another half a dozen assistant coaches I mean..lol
And that Corey Jones rumor just won't die..I'm still hearing he is coaching?

From what i have heard its not the case. I may be wrong but from what i have been told, Coatsworth will be the man again in 2011. Unless they are keeping it from the players aswell as outsiders but i doubt it. Word is they have picked up a couple of talls to replace the few they will be missing next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back