AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be playing for Manunda as a few of the other guys on here Breakthelines.

And if players are going around trying to make a living and chasing the cash to play the wonderful game of AFL then to hell with them. If they were anything decent they'd be playing in the WAFL, SANFL or VFL not trying to chase cash in QLD.

The end of the day the difference between a great player and an elite player is their heart.

English is your second language then I take it all right? haha
I have never asked for sackings of any kind on here or in any conversation, ever! All I stated that the league head honchos seem to take too seriously their own positions. By that I mean they are not above others as I have heard time and time again by many. I am just uttering the sentiments of many all right. And in keeping with my overall theme, I say don't take yourselves so bloody seriously! It is strange how I and the woodsmen have the same view?? You've lost me their genius. And I follow the Mighty Gold Coast Suns!!!

Ok haha your are good at insulting people well done. Now why are you so reluctant to say what club you follow IN CAIRNS! IN THE CAIRNS AFL COMP? hu
So let me get this right you do not take this too seriously and you haven't had a swipe at any other club in CAIRNS, IN THE CAIRNS AFL COMP is this correct

And if players are going around trying to make a living and chasing the cash to play the wonderful game of AFL then to hell with them. If they were anything decent they'd be playing in the WAFL, SANFL or VFL not trying to chase cash in QLD.

The end of the day the difference between a great player and an elite player is their heart.

No doubt mate, I just picked a club (North Cairns) based on an email that was answered when I enquired.

Just wanting to know why people are on here bagging sides if they don't play in the comp or watch the footy in Cairns.

I'm new to the comp and am quite excited about playing footy up North!

No doubt mate, I just picked a club (North Cairns) based on an email that was answered when I enquired.

Just wanting to know why people are on here bagging sides if they don't play in the comp or watch the footy in Cairns.

I'm new to the comp and am quite excited about playing footy up North!

Get used to it my friend, it's what this section of BigFooty is all about it seems. Hope to see you on the field in 2011 ;) Just dont be playing in the backline ;)

Here Here Plugger!

You have to love the secret service talk of the Cairns based Football teams...
Unless any of you have secured Fevola as your Full Forward next season it isnt really that big of news.

Plugg3r as a Lions supporter all I can say is, Fevola is welcome to leave the club at anytime and join whichever AFL Cairns club. :p

Be a waste of time if you're a Colliwobble supporter. They're no chance Road Worker. :p

Hey Fred Flinstone i heard the first training session went really well last night at the cutters, good numbers and a really good feeling going into this season, heard Tamba and Fretwell were both seen cuddling each other in the rooms, and the little penguin had his hand on his very small excuse of a pecker, lets hope they have a much better season than last year.:thumbsu:

Hey Fred Flinstone i heard the first training session went really well last night at the cutters, good numbers and a really good feeling going into this season, heard Tamba and Fretwell were both seen cuddling each other in the rooms, and the little penguin had his hand on his very small excuse of a pecker, lets hope they have a much better season than last year.:thumbsu:

You jealous Road Worker :eek:,
you weren't here for me to wrap my big furry paws around :(

Does any1 know if willy Alick will cost centrals 8 points if he goes over to them as "assistant coach"?? Or does it not count as he is gonna coach "apparently".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be hoping it was for your club of choice though, he'd be devastating. On and off the field :cool:

Well to respond to your comments Plugg3r as laughable as they are. I don't have a club of choice in Cairns persay. However I wish he would leave the Lions and yes you're right he is devastating off the field. He's devastating to the reputation of the club he's involved in. Fev is only good for a couple of goals a game. He obviously has a lot of issues to sort out and should step away from the game until as such time that he has those issues sorted. This will cause less embarrassment to not only himself but also the involved club.

If you're referring to the Lions Poiderr, no I didn't. I was too busy building an Ark to get past the flooding. Not all of us could afford to hire "Broomsticks" to fly to the Gold Coast. Another thing to remember and this is only some friendly advice, "There are NO prizes for second". Colliwobbles will just wobble in 2011 with all you Magpie supporters being left to cry in your glasses of raspberry and lemonades.:p:p:p

NEW South Cairns player-coach Chris Adams is not a qualified chef, but he knows wooden spoons belong in kitchen cupboards and not in a football clubs trophy cabinet.

After losing a host of quality personnel at the end of 2009, the Cutters endured their toughest Cairns AFL season in recent memory last year to finish bottom with only one win from 18 games.
It was a difficult result to reconcile for a proud club, but a new season brings fresh hope that Adams is the man to return the Cutters to finals reckoning.
The 28-year-old, who replaces Robbie Douglas, has been impressed with the player turnout since training started last week.
"We’ve had good numbers on the paddock so far. We had 37 at the first night and the same amount on Wednesday," Adams said.
"Last year we had 93 players on the books and 52 have rocked up on the first two nights so far, which is pretty encouraging."
Adams wants to play a lead role in any Cutters revival. A former VFL (Port Melbourne) and WAFL (East Fremantle) player, Adams is currently turning out for the Nightcliff Tigers in the Northern Territory Football League.
The Gippsland product admits he is still learning his craft as a senior coach, but is confident he can mould the Cutters into a competitive side.
"Coming into a new league brings new challenges, so hopefully I can lead from the front and take this football club back to where it belongs," the on-baller said. "We’ve identified the need for bigger bodies to complement our running brigade of last year and that’s what we’ve been focusing on in recruitment.
"We’ve got a lot of youth, but we want to mix it with experience. At this stage our goal is to win more games than we lose this year. If we can do that I’ll be pretty happy."
The Cutters train three nights a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) at Fretwell Park at 6pm. Players are asked to arrive by 5.45pm

Cairns-WebUsual-CP17JAN11P032-C0082496-ADAMS.JPG

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2011/01/17/144745_local-sport-news.html:thumbsu:

NEW South Cairns player-coach Chris Adams is not a qualified chef, but he knows wooden spoons belong in kitchen cupboards and not in a football clubs trophy cabinet.

After losing a host of quality personnel at the end of 2009, the Cutters endured their toughest Cairns AFL season in recent memory last year to finish bottom with only one win from 18 games.
It was a difficult result to reconcile for a proud club, but a new season brings fresh hope that Adams is the man to return the Cutters to finals reckoning.
The 28-year-old, who replaces Robbie Douglas, has been impressed with the player turnout since training started last week.
"We’ve had good numbers on the paddock so far. We had 37 at the first night and the same amount on Wednesday," Adams said.
"Last year we had 93 players on the books and 52 have rocked up on the first two nights so far, which is pretty encouraging."
Adams wants to play a lead role in any Cutters revival. A former VFL (Port Melbourne) and WAFL (East Fremantle) player, Adams is currently turning out for the Nightcliff Tigers in the Northern Territory Football League.
The Gippsland product admits he is still learning his craft as a senior coach, but is confident he can mould the Cutters into a competitive side.
"Coming into a new league brings new challenges, so hopefully I can lead from the front and take this football club back to where it belongs," the on-baller said. "We’ve identified the need for bigger bodies to complement our running brigade of last year and that’s what we’ve been focusing on in recruitment.
"We’ve got a lot of youth, but we want to mix it with experience. At this stage our goal is to win more games than we lose this year. If we can do that I’ll be pretty happy."
The Cutters train three nights a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday) at Fretwell Park at 6pm. Players are asked to arrive by 5.45pm

Cairns-WebUsual-CP17JAN11P032-C0082496-ADAMS.JPG

http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2011/01/17/144745_local-sport-news.html:thumbsu:

Hey Poider, shouldn't this have gone into the 2011 season forum??? Leave it to a Colliwobble supporter to get it wrong. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back