AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shavedham will be back, going by the amount of posting he does being banned would leave a gaping hole in his life. Watch for another name popping up soon.

I would not have Elhich in my top 10, top 20 he would make. He is consistently good each week but his best is not as good as others.

Good topic and not a bad job guys, although who is Ferrier? Maybe Bath from Souths is stiff. Walsh, when fit, is easily in the top 3. Biased approach but I would have Holland in there. Who are your top 10 Plugg3r?

You will be happy with the news that Stephen Shavedham is now permanatly banned. 4th time abusing someone in private messages, wasn't you was it? ;)

Nah not me ,

but was wondering when he would be Red Carded from the southern areas

He'll or She ( being politically correct) will pop up again

Shavedham will be back, going by the amount of posting he does being banned would leave a gaping hole in his life. Watch for another name popping up soon.

I would not have Elhich in my top 10, top 20 he would make. He is consistently good each week but his best is not as good as others.

Good topic and not a bad job guys, although who is Ferrier? Maybe Bath from Souths is stiff. Walsh, when fit, is easily in the top 3. Biased approach but I would have Holland in there. Who are your top 10 Plugg3r?

I would have the same top 10 but would have swapped Ferrier out for Lukas. In any particular order after that. Ferrier is a Saints backmen, good player but dont think league top 10.

Collo. Holland? Really? In your top 10 footballers in cairns this year? No doubt he has the potential to be, he is just so unpolished. From what i saw he doesn't find open teammates as much as he should, doesn't know when to break open the game and not to. Doesnt seem 2 know where to be when the opp has the ball. If he improves his decision making and his defensive side of his game he will b a freak.

I think the only people that rate backmen are generally from their own team. I rate Crackers (Ferrier) as the best full back in the comp (excluding Hocking who was CHB). English and Holland are backmen too and rated by their respective clubs, are they not?

I don't think Ehlich is in the top 10 midfielders in the comp. He had 3 goals kicked on him in 5 minutes by your best mate Hallas round 2, all one on one contests. So he's at least not as good as him.

Everyone knows B&Fs favour midfielders, but I tend to rate key positions a bit higher. Thought I already had too many midfielders. I reckon Ehlich would come in about 20th, but it's only my opinion, I don't care if people disagree or agree, just stating my opinion.

I think the only people that rate backmen are generally from their own team. I rate Crackers (Ferrier) as the best full back in the comp (excluding Hocking who was CHB). English and Holland are backmen too and rated by their respective clubs, are they not?

You rate Ferrier the best full back and I rate Weiss as the best full back. But I dont have Weissy in my Top 10 ;)

I don't think Ehlich is in the top 10 midfielders in the comp. He had 3 goals kicked on him in 5 minutes by your best mate Hallas round 2, all one on one contests. So he's at least not as good as him.

Dane Swan got destroyed by Cameron Ling in the GF, guess Ling should have won the Brownlow ;)

Perhaps I should have said if he can be beaten that badly by a squib, then he doesn't seem to be top 10 material. I don't reckon he could kick 1 on Hocking in 10 minutes of one on one contests.

On the backmen/forwards, I rate backmen higher than most people do and I acknowledge that.

I think you'd struggle to fit the top 5 forwards in this league into a top 30. Booth might scrape in and Walsh would be if you ignored the amount of games played and maybe McQueen, possibly a Shaw, but some of those would be outside chances. Weren't many good consistent forwards this year.

What about Matt Harth.Signed with Nth Albury here in the O&M.On $500 + a game apparently.Fair coin for this league-would hope he was top 10 material there to be commanding that in the O&M.

Effective Key position backman, who is fairly tall but can play on taller because of his leap. Good key positions usually write their own ticket.

He was the league CHB in the rep game and aside from Hocking, I'd say the best CHB in the league. But perhaps I'm biased.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My list was based on ability alone, hence the reason Walsh was ahead of Booth.
Doing a top 5 in each area would be hard, especially down back.

Harth and Couch would be worthy of a spot for the Saints, apart from Hocking no others spring to mind. I would have Glen Martin for the Hawks, he played back didn't he?

A forward for the lions kicked a heap considering their position.

Forwards - Walsh, Booth, Shaw, Macqueen, and the lions bloke.
Mids - Smith, Bradbury, Powell, Powell, Coatsworth.
Backs - Couch, Harth, Ferrier, Martin, Hocking

Way to Saints based but I lack knowledge of other teams, Trinity had some good backs. Not a bad interleague side when you put it together, although 4 full forwards won't work. Ehlich would be in my interleague side, you need clearance players.

1.Hocking
2.Powell
3.Powell
4.Smith
5.Cunningham
6.Bradbury
7.Coatesworth
8.Uebergang(sic?)
9.Ferrier
10.Adams

Thought those were the standouts of the last season.

As for next season's ladder, it's almost ridiculous to try, but I'll give it a go and in 3 months it'll mean nothing, when the season starts, even less.

1.Hawks
2.Saints
3.Port
4.Norths
5.Centrals
6.Souths
7.Lions

I will have a crack at this:

Hocking
Smith
Coatsworth
Powell
Bradbury
Powell
Ellich
Walsh
Bosen
Ubergang

Without doubt, i think these 10 had the most influence on the competition. I will conceed i didnt see much of Centrals this year or the Cutters. I love my tigers and as good as people rave, Tennick isnt that good of a player. He tries his best but matched against Holland, Bosen, Ricter he doesnt come close!

I think it will be a clear two horse race between Hawks and Saints. I am eagerly awaiting seeing my tigers play against both of them to see who they have gained. My mail is, a senior player at Hawks is going to cross to Saints in the New Year. More to come on that one........

My list was based on ability alone, hence the reason Walsh was ahead of Booth.
Doing a top 5 in each area would be hard, especially down back.

Harth and Couch would be worthy of a spot for the Saints, apart from Hocking no others spring to mind. I would have Glen Martin for the Hawks, he played back didn't he?

A forward for the lions kicked a heap considering their position.

Forwards - Walsh, Booth, Shaw, Macqueen, and the lions bloke.
Mids - Smith, Bradbury, Powell, Powell, Coatsworth.
Backs - Couch, Harth, Ferrier, Martin, Hocking

Way to Saints based but I lack knowledge of other teams, Trinity had some good backs. Not a bad interleague side when you put it together, although 4 full forwards won't work. Ehlich would be in my interleague side, you need clearance players.

I would swap Martin and Couch for Weiss and Wardle. These two yougn players were really good and Couch and Martin were too up and down in the finals and both werent fit at the start of the year and their respective sides carried them.

I would swap Martin and Couch for Weiss and Wardle. These two yougn players were really good and Couch and Martin were too up and down in the finals and both werent fit at the start of the year and their respective sides carried them.

There are a lot of blind people out there for years a player from Souths has been continuously picked in the Rep. side but has declined. He is one of the best if NOT the best centre in Cairns & none you even give him a look in

What ??????

OK some say they hadn't seem many Souths games but gee get out of the Bias to darn Saints they are not the best running around. He is better than Adams & someone put him in their side. Sorry Chris.

That's tamba's thoughts

Powell,Wardle,Bath,Hocking,Coatsworth,McQueen,Markham,Adams,Couch,Walsh,Richter,Harth,Weiss,Smith,Bradbury,Cunningham,Shaw,Martin....................................................................................................................Ellich

Look how fast the Posts change now that shavedham is gone. I have been reading this forum weekly and was getting sick of just seeing his garbage. Now there are some good posts flowing so I'll join in.
I feel that wardle is the most underated player in the comp. Hawks will miss him greatly if he goes next season. A player hawks won't miss is booth. Extremely overated by the hawks supporters on this comp. He had bad hands a inaccurate kick from set shots even when in front. And if the ball went to ground he couldnt get down to pick it up. So Walsh by a mile for forward or any other forward.
That centre that you were talking about at souths being forgotten. Is it Billy English? Prob one of his most quiet years I reckon.
I like the idea of Bosen in the top 10. After this seasons effort he deserves a spot. I would have glen Martin in after this year also. Speaking of glen Martin can any saints members confirm that it is he that is moving to saints.

There are a lot of blind people out there for years a player from Souths has been continuously picked in the Rep. side but has declined. He is one of the best if NOT the best centre in Cairns & none you even give him a look in

What ??????

OK some say they hadn't seem many Souths games but gee get out of the Bias to darn Saints they are not the best running around. He is better than Adams & someone put him in their side. Sorry Chris.

That's tamba's thoughts

If you're talking about Bath, I'd say he'd be top 20, but not top 10. Lots of midfielders get asked to play in the rep game, half of them decline, doesn't mean they would have been the starting midfield. I thought Adams was better in the games we played against them, keep in mind, most of us only saw Souths 3 times at the most so opinions will vary.

I wouldn't think even you would rate him higher than Coatesworth, Powell, Bradbury and Smith?? I think he'd fall in the next category with about 10 other midfielders.

If you're talking about Bath, I'd say he'd be top 20, but not top 10. Lots of midfielders get asked to play in the rep game, half of them decline, doesn't mean they would have been the starting midfield. I thought Adams was better in the games we played against them, keep in mind, most of us only saw Souths 3 times at the most so opinions will vary.

I wouldn't think even you would rate him higher than Coatesworth, Powell, Bradbury and Smith?? I think he'd fall in the next category with about 10 other midfielders.

Bill " Dubya" English , yes a slightly quiter year, was moved out of position most time but when moved back during games --- well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back