AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of glen Martin can any saints members confirm that it is he that is moving to saints.

Heard this one last night, I am not speaking for the club but I would love to have Glen Martin running around at the Saints.

Why is he seeking a move? I was told that it was due to Hawks being unprepared (no coach, players shopping themselves around and a few departing).

Tamba - has preseason started? Souths are normally first to kick it off.

Any one got a list of top 20 league best and fairest would be interesting to see how the lists compare to that.

Look how fast the Posts change now that shavedham is gone. I have been reading this forum weekly and was getting sick of just seeing his garbage. Now there are some good posts flowing so I'll join in.
I feel that wardle is the most underated player in the comp. Hawks will miss him greatly if he goes next season. A player hawks won't miss is booth. Extremely overated by the hawks supporters on this comp. He had bad hands a inaccurate kick from set shots even when in front. And if the ball went to ground he couldnt get down to pick it up. So Walsh by a mile for forward or any other forward.
That centre that you were talking about at souths being forgotten. Is it Billy English? Prob one of his most quiet years I reckon.
I like the idea of Bosen in the top 10. After this seasons effort he deserves a spot. I would have glen Martin in after this year also. Speaking of glen Martin can any saints members confirm that it is he that is moving to saints.

I have heard this mail also but would love to know what went wrong here! I would think that winning a premiership would bring a club closer not have players fly the coup!

Heard this one last night, I am not speaking for the club but I would love to have Glen Martin running around at the Saints.

Why is he seeking a move? I was told that it was due to Hawks being unprepared (no coach, players shopping themselves around and a few departing).

Tamba - has preseason started? Souths are normally first to kick it off.

Sure has,

training Monday Nights only at this stage till Jan then full on, some good numbers as well around 25-30 so I'm informed by the penguin

Elhich will remain a Hawk and has put his hand up to be on the committee at the Manunda. Plugg3r could have told us this a few weeks ago.

Booth is a certain departure. Are there any others leaving the Hawks for another league? Young Wardle probably has the option of heading down south to further his footy. Something must have upset Glen Martin if he is going to Saints. Plugg3r, isn't Glen one of your idols? I don't think Saints need anymore recruits...

Irish is currently holding the fort at Manunda, training and recruiting wise.

Elhich will remain a Hawk and has put his hand up to be on the committee at the Manunda. Plugg3r could have told us this a few weeks ago.

Booth is a certain departure. Are there any others leaving the Hawks for another league? Young Wardle probably has the option of heading down south to further his footy. Something must have upset Glen Martin if he is going to Saints. Plugg3r, isn't Glen one of your idols? I don't think Saints need anymore recruits...

Well done cheers to the Leprechaun :D

Maybe Teamwork can explain? I read old posts and everyone saying he was Griffiths the coach....

Could have told you many things a few weeks ago :thumbsu:

Lukas, Powelly and I are all on the Hawks committee this year. Booth has been in WA for ages now, Wardle most likely wont be in Cairns as the kid has a great chance of playing big league football. As for Martin, I don't know Glen's intentions for 2012. You know more than I do on this subject.

As for Irish he is the Club Manager now, it has been said his recruiting tactics are brutal and his training is intense. A slab of coldies must be downed prior to even being looked at for 2012. He is indeed a man of power and judgement. :thumbsu:

Jermaine wardle has accepted an offer of $300 a game $250 a loss to play with Labrador tigers next season on the gold coast. He chose this club after receiving offers from 5 afl feeder clubs. Big loss to the hawks but good luck to jermaine.

It's back, :( groan

You don't really mean that, Tamby:heart::)

Sure has,

training Monday Nights only at this stage till Jan then full on, some good numbers as well around 25-30 so I'm informed by the penguin

Is Mickey M looking sharp, Tamby??? You know if Cutters win more games Mickey would be a shoe in for the medal:thumbsu:.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could have told you many things a few weeks ago :thumbsu:

Lukas, Powelly and I are all on the Hawks committee this year. Booth has been in WA for ages now, Wardle most likely wont be in Cairns as the kid has a great chance of playing big league football. As for Martin, I don't know Glen's intentions for 2012. You know more than I do on this subject.

As for Irish he is the Club Manager now, it has been said his recruiting tactics are brutal and his training is intense. A slab of coldies must be downed prior to even being looked at for 2012. He is indeed a man of power and judgement. :thumbsu:

WoW, things gone sour there already Thomas??:eek: I thought you were his manager:confused: I knew it wouldn't last but thought it would be longer, esp after a flag. Good luck to Saints.

Heard today that Norths are paying a fringe player from another club to come across next season. Heard the player played a few games in the seniors then struggled in the twos late in the season. Surely paying this type of player cant be money well spent unless they see something in him his ex club didnt

Labrador just got a bargain.

Think people are getting carried away he is no superstar and if he went south to Victoria would struggle... In saying that though I wish him the best as any Cairns juniors making it is good for the comp..

Also Matt Harth made the correct choice with the Aubury teams as he would be running around in the early game if he went to Aubury Tigers

Saints will confirm another 3 recruits in the coming weeks...

Think people are getting carried away he is no superstar and if he went south to Victoria would struggle... In saying that though I wish him the best as any Cairns juniors making it is good for the comp..

Also Matt Harth made the correct choice with the Aubury teams as he would be running around in the early game if he went to Aubury Tigers

Thats a crock of sh*t, Jermaine destroyed Pointer everytime this year. And isnt he some VFL superstar? "Munji" will do great where ever he plays.

South's AGM yesterday The Penguin returned as Pres. 4 new on the committee. some new players still to arrive, looking forward to a reassurance in the Cutters

Players that are as tall, agile and quick as Wardle are rare as hens teeth. Tackles like a madman, was told that basically in all games this year he was in the top 3 for tackles. Anyone who has seen him play knows they aren't token tackles either, he hits hard for such a young bloke.

Thats a crock of sh*t, Jermaine destroyed Pointer everytime this year. And isnt he some VFL superstar? "Munji" will do great where ever he plays.

Who played on Big Reece in round 1? And he's a good player who had injury dramas all year, so couldnt really show his true worth, but VFL superstar? you're not very well informed big guy.

Players that are as tall, agile and quick as Wardle are rare as hens teeth. Tackles like a madman, was told that basically in all games this year he was in the top 3 for tackles. Anyone who has seen him play knows they aren't token tackles either, he hits hard for such a young bloke.
He lays alot of tackles, but I wouldnt say that he reels off anything that called be called a big hit. Whats the name of the Hawks centreman, that bloke hits like a truck, so does Nathan Crane at Saints and Ive seen Glen Martin put one on too, speaking of him, Plugger, Tommy-lover, whatever you're going by these days, why are you so quiet on the subject? Surely you know more than you're letting on what with your position of power over there?! Surely as one of your former crushes, you'd know exactly whats going on with him? I recall you even joked that you were his manager?!

Wardle has been a shining light for juniors up here, he can only beat who he is up against. Will be a good test for him playing a better standard, QAFL is a good test but footy in Victoria, SA and WA is always the benchmark for AFL.

I would not say Poytner was a star, showed a bit in the first game against North but with the footy coming in every 30 seconds it helps. He's a big bloke who can mark the footy which are hard to find. Injury cost him.

Tamba - Good to see returning presidents and I do hope Souths become more competitive next season so this 'two horse race' comes undone. Although I sense Hawks might drop back a peg... Martin, Wardle and Booth are 3 key position players. Might be a smaller gap from first position to last next year!!

He lays alot of tackles, but I wouldnt say that he reels off anything that called be called a big hit. Whats the name of the Hawks centreman, that bloke hits like a truck, so does Nathan Crane at Saints and Ive seen Glen Martin put one on too, speaking of him, Plugger, Tommy-lover, whatever you're going by these days, why are you so quiet on the subject? Surely you know more than you're letting on what with your position of power over there?! Surely as one of your former crushes, you'd know exactly whats going on with him? I recall you even joked that you were his manager?!

I wouldnt say I am being quiet on the subject I just haven't asked the bloke if he is going to Saints. If he goes, he goes really. Surely with all you guys on here saying it's happening it would be a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back