AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who played on Big Reece in round 1? And he's a good player who had injury dramas all year, so couldnt really show his true worth, but VFL superstar? you're not very well informed big guy.

Haha vfl superstar... Good one plugger prime example of your knowledge Poynter hasn't played any rep footy in Vic yet he is chf for the cairns side and I didn't see the game but viola said he played very well.... Plus wardle didn't kill him like u said.
As I said previously I wish him the best as I do think he is handy however talk of afl and matching down south please get your hand off it... Budda hocking didnt make it And then look at him up here .... But I guess next we will hear wardle is better than budda at the same age...

Haha vfl superstar... Good one plugger prime example of your knowledge Poynter hasn't played any rep footy in Vic yet he is chf for the cairns side and I didn't see the game but viola said he played very well.... Plus wardle didn't kill him like u said.
As I said previously I wish him the best as I do think he is handy however talk of afl and matching down south please get your hand off it... Budda hocking didnt make it And then look at him up here .... But I guess next we will hear wardle is better than budda at the same age...

You speak about knowledge but then you continue on about people getting drafted into the AFL on football ability. Wardle has ability and athleticism to match.

I wouldnt say I am being quiet on the subject I just haven't asked the bloke if he is going to Saints. If he goes, he goes really. Surely with all you guys on here saying it's happening it would be a done deal.
Being quiet is exactly what you're being, you may not know where hes going, but you know hes gone

I've seen worse players than Wardle get gigs with VFL teams. You can say you've made it when you've played 10 senior VFL/SANFL/WAFL games. Anything other than that is just varying levels of local footy, QAFL isn't a great standard of football, but it does give a chance every now and then to play on some GC and BL players.

Nobody ever said Poyner was a VFL star, just that he was a big horse, which he is.

Plugger/Tommy's heart is obviously broken. When you can't even pay a person to stay friends with you, it can dent the ego. Chins up pal(sorry, couldn't resist).

Top 3 for tackles every game might mean 2nd to the ball on too many occasions?

I've seen worse players than Wardle get gigs with VFL teams. You can say you've made it when you've played 10 senior VFL/SANFL/WAFL games. Anything other than that is just varying levels of local footy, QAFL isn't a great standard of football, but it does give a chance every now and then to play on some GC and BL players.

Nobody ever said Poyner was a VFL star, just that he was a big horse, which he is.

Plugger/Tommy's heart is obviously broken. When you can't even pay a person to stay friends with you, it can dent the ego. Chins up pal(sorry, couldn't resist).

Top 3 for tackles every game might mean 2nd to the ball on too many occasions?

You could be right, he could be second to the ball too many times. But seeing as his direct opponent was behind him majority of the time. We shall see how young Jermaine goes, but I have a hunch he will make it to some degree.

Being quiet is exactly what you're being, you may not know where hes going, but you know hes gone

You really think a bloke would tell another bloke he is leaving a football club to another club? Great conversation that would be.

"Yeh i'm leaving Hawks to the Saints"

Told that Wade is very close to signing at Norths and won't be at Saints. Well done Norths on securing the deal. Has a close mate at Tigers that he wants to play with.

Tough training sessions ahead at Trinity from all reports which has scared a few away. Similar thing happened at a club last year. Coaching up here requires some background knowledge, the word relaxed needs to be stressed.

I was down south recently and told that Eagles is yet to sign and is interested in a job up this way... Could he return to Griffiths Park?

"Martin and Ehlich weren't the best of mates" quote from a Norths follower, who does not seemed surprised he is off to Saints. He must be hiding it from you Plugg3r.

Heard a good one at work today, the bloke telling me was pretty adamant that Brendan Fevola would be playing for Port Douglas next year...:confused::eek: (providing he doesn't get drafted)

Tough training sessions ahead at Trinity from all reports which has scared a few away. Similar thing happened at a club last year. Coaching up here requires some background knowledge, the word relaxed needs to be stressed.

I was down south recently and told that Eagles is yet to sign and is interested in a job up this way... Could he return to Griffiths Park?

"Martin and Ehlich weren't the best of mates" quote from a Norths follower, who does not seemed surprised he is off to Saints. He must be hiding it from you Plugg3r.

I have heard this also but then have seen both Ellich and Martin joking and smug as on game days. Although, when i saw them, they were licking there lips at my tigers missing so many players in their last round game last season.

Any news on Ellich recovery and will he play? Has Martin signed or is moving?

I have heard Saints have 3 signings this week, by golly, they always seem to get the recruits...... Walsh with his new job at St Augustines was running on the Esp and looked very fit, how much would it cost to get Walsh if we were in a southern comp and we had $$$ to throw around.... How much would be be on in the O & M?

Told that Wade is very close to signing at Norths and won't be at Saints. Well done Norths on securing the deal. Has a close mate at Tigers that he wants to play with.

CARN the tigers!!! Great news and having seen him training the other night, will fit in well ;)

I have heard this also but then have seen both Ellich and Martin joking and smug as on game days. Although, when i saw them, they were licking there lips at my tigers missing so many players in their last round game last season.

Any news on Ellich recovery and will he play? Has Martin signed or is moving

As far as I believe there isnt any issue between Martin and Ehlich besides professional pride. Both are great footballers and are very competitive.

Lukas' healing is going very well and he is moving around quite freely, be great to see him back on the training track. Hopefully we will see him better than ever this year :thumbsu:

You could be right, he could be second to the ball too many times. But seeing as his direct opponent was behind him majority of the time. We shall see how young Jermaine goes, but I have a hunch he will make it to some degree.

You really think a bloke would tell another bloke he is leaving a football club to another club? Great conversation that would be.

"Yeh i'm leaving Hawks to the Saints"

TOTALLY agree and knowing Richard Martin, that wouldnt be an easy conversation to have. The bloke loves his club and treats his players like his own and that shows when he barracks for them and goes in to fight for them any time they are criticised! Well said Tommy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon boys lets just all relax here, take in the sunshine and have a big group hug. There is no need for all this hatred :) Port are getting good numbers on the track plenty of the young reserves players are keen to hold a spot in the 1's this year.

Heard a good one at work today, the bloke telling me was pretty adamant that Brendan Fevola would be playing for Port Douglas next year...:confused::eek: (providing he doesn't get drafted)

I didn't know which club it was but had also heard that Fevola was heading up this way. I said it on here many posts ago.

Well I'm outta hospital after a two week stay and I see the mighty CAFL Board hasn't changed.

@ situation, I think lions are throwing in cash considerations and their washing machine to make it happen. "starting on the bench, he punches in bunches"

I heard the lions are trading Toby fatanowa for centrals Richard tipton? Has anyone heard of this Richard? =s the lions must see something in him to hang Toby out as trade bait...

From what my son has said, Tobias has been in Melb and was very close to heading to play with his cousins at Hawks. Via Kane, we had spoken to him a couple times through the year but when i went back to Vic, i lost wind of what eventuated but he is a solid young player but a very lovely kid to match. Was nice to pop my head into tigers training to see an old tigers player return back to watsons oval after playing at the Hawks.....

@ situation, I think lions are throwing in cash considerations and their washing machine to make it happen. "starting on the bench, he punches in bunches"

Are you saying that City's are trying to recruit "tougher" players this year? Cause if so I know a few knuckle heads from Cutters that would probably go for a bit of cash...

@paganspaddock: Toby is a great player and a good pick up for Centrals silly for City's to let go of such a good young talent.

Who are the favourites for the league B&F next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back