AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for those kind words Flinstone hope you pulled up ok too. Night games at CTB. Have they upgraded their lights or have they always been good enough?

Buff not sure where you get your info 35 -45 on the track every night over 80 different faces been there so far and the place is buzzing with excitment for the upcoming season

Port Douglas 1 year Bulldogs the next Then back to Port ...........Ben Ryan make up your mind. Haha but thats the way it is now he aint the only one I spoke to him at one of the finals games last year he wasnt playing back then but he was thinking of playing for the hawks for a minute as well. Why leave the Dogs we have the best supporters out here.......and the worst if your playing us haha. They love giving it to the other teams out here.
Who do you guys reckon has the largest supporter group in Cairns week in week out?

Port Douglas 1 year Bulldogs the next Then back to Port ...........Ben Ryan make up your mind. Haha but thats the way it is now he aint the only one I spoke to him at one of the finals games last year he wasnt playing back then but he was thinking of playing for the hawks for a minute as well. Why leave the Dogs we have the best supporters out here.......and the worst if your playing us haha. They love giving it to the other teams out here.
Who do you guys reckon has the largest supporter group in Cairns week in week out?
Port Douglas has the best home crowds by far, but dont travel away to well..Cairns Saints dont travel away to bad and south cairns supporters are the best travellers but only when they are winning

Port Douglas has the best home crowds by far, but dont travel away to well..Cairns Saints dont travel away to bad and south cairns supporters are the best travellers but only when they are winning

Well said I think your right South Cairns do have good numbers following them. And there is always a crowd up at Port.
I myself enjoy the games at Holloways beach. Nice breeze shade around the ground close club house and sometimes a band. Good atmosphere. There supporters are more interested in drinking at the bar than watching the game though.haha............I like it

heard from one of your new recruits (he would have dominated too) that he ain't playing because of the coaching style.
hope i'm wrong?

I really think this so called player would have approached the coach to discuss his concerns instead of getting on the ode-cologne to you. :confused:

All I can see is that you are a stirrer from your previous posts & we will have an enjoyable year throwing mud back at you :D

who are you following here in Cairns or are you only going to sit in Isa, launching verbals :eek:

Read in today's paper about the Cairns Saints 2011 prepearation, seems to be a lack of interest down at the club. Is Coatesworth keeping a lid on things or are there recruits to replace the losses Lachrilly? How are the numbers on the track?

Although we have heard of some improvements, especially Souths and Tigers, not much is being said. Is there any point keeping cards close to your chest? If they are signed I reckon clubs should say who, maybe new people in the area will be enticed to the club if they read of the proression. Plus I'd love to know.

Does anybody know anything at all about how City's are going?? Have been extremely quiet.

Port Douglas has the best home crowds by far, but dont travel away to well..

i usually only come on here for a good read and laugh...

but this one shocked me, just throwing it around but im pretty sure p/d were undefested last year ?? dont travel to well aye ??

i usually only come on here for a good read and laugh...

but this one shocked me, just throwing it around but im pretty sure p/d were undefested last year ?? dont travel to well aye ??

Herbie, Herbie, Herbie their supporters don't travel well

Not The TEAM,

please read the whole blog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im pretty sure p/d were undefested last year ?? dont travel to well aye ??

Actually they lost 2 games, the semi and the GF.

They traveled to cazalys poorly last year and their supporters traveled nowhere at all the entirety of the season. You missed the point of the conversation, much like PD missed the point of the competition.. Maybe next year aye??

Turn outs for sign on day

how did the clubs go with the juniors coming out ???

last year was great lets hope this is even better

Turn outs for sign on day

how did the clubs go with the juniors coming out ???

last year was great lets hope this is even better

Saints have had a steady number of players to training so far. I think the continuous bad weather has kept a few away hopefully a change in weather might bring a few out of the woodwork.
As for juniors Saints had a great day with over 20 new faces signing up which was great for the club

I didnt even know Saints had juniors in there club. Are they under a different name?

I didnt even know Saints had juniors in there club. Are they under a different name?
Same name JackBlack. This will be Saints 3rd season in the juniors. First year only had u8 and u10. This year looking for u8,u9,u10,u12 and u14 which is a great effort in only 2 seasons

heard today it wasnt too bad a turnout at most clubs, great Junior Comp up here & some very talented Juniors, hoping the Seniors will be a better standard this year, didnt seem as good last year although there was still some great footy played.

Souths Juniors had a good roll up from all accounts. I'm also led to believe that a southerner who moved to Cairns last year is now going to Saints. No offence intended Lachrilly, but you guys can have him and good riddance. On another note, I have to say that I think that Holloways is a great ground to watch footy, except when it's raining. Griffiths isn't crowd friendly, Port Douglas is good, Crathern ok, Watsons ok, Fretwell good and obviously Cazalys is the best.

Souths Juniors had a good roll up from all accounts. I'm also led to believe that a southerner who moved to Cairns last year is now going to Saints. No offence intended Lachrilly, but you guys can have him and good riddance. On another note, I have to say that I think that Holloways is a great ground to watch footy, except when it's raining. Griffiths isn't crowd friendly, Port Douglas is good, Crathern ok, Watsons ok, Fretwell good and obviously Cazalys is the best.

Who would this southerner be Flinstone?

Would it be the same 38 year old that trained with Hawks for a few weeks then skipped off to Saints? He won't be a senior regular I wouldn't have thought.

might be a few old guys running around this year mainly in the two's, speaking of older players, any word if McGuane is staying around at Holloways now that Tim Seymour is Coach? noticed grumpy McGuane never got a mention in the todays article in the Post.

I reckon the only "old" guy that would still play First grade on a regular basis would be Gabby Weetra. Cause of his size only. ( Not as mobile anymore) which is a shame cause what a sight watching him 4/5 years ago there is no running around blokes when your that big.
Was anyone there when he ran into that Saints guy in the Grand final 4 years ago. Ambulance came ono the field and The way he was convulsing I thought he was bloody dead. Scary stuff 130KG of Weetra running after you. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back