AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there must be something wrong at the club, maybe at management level or the culture. Because you guys lose all of your good players to other local clubs. Lane, Allick, Ellick and now Martin. 3 of those guys were juniors also and were fed up with the way they were treated there. And look what club they all went to .....

Yes, there is something wrong at the club, but there is plenty wrong at every club, yours included. Our main problem has been a lack of recent success, both on and off the field. Lane was harshly treated at the end of 05 and was always going to take someone (Alick) with him, ehlich had a falling out with our ex coach, and by all reports was close to re-signing at the club for '11, and Martin, well he just thinks he's a better footballer than he is. The good thing is, we are replacing them with the next wave of juniors and with better people in control, I'm sure we are on the right track, albeit probably a couple of years behind time.
By the way, we might get a couple back off ya next year when they realise they have to travel to Gordonvale twice a week;):p

Have to disagree with you there Watsons. It isn't a given that every club has plenty wrong with it, many are on the rigth track and moving along nicely. And out of curiosity, what is it that's wrong with our club?

Anyone tell me how my old mate Chris Adams is going with South Cairns. Played with him at Gormandale in the North Gippy league about 03/04. Can't believe he's coaching, never though he'd have the discipline to be a coach particullary in what is regarded as a strong comp up there. Anyone know how long he's been coaching?? I read on previous posts on he'd played for Port Melbourne, if I remember correctly he played a bit of reserves for em & played for Oakleigh I think in the same season. He was an out their character back then, obviously cleaned up his act since then. Good on him, anyone know how I can get his number to catch up with him.

Bruno, Chris is going well. He's a hard master on the track, he has the boys training their pants off and they have responded well with good numbers on the track. He addressed the committee at the last meeting and i for one quite impressed with his professionalism. Look at our web site his contact No. is on there. www.southcairnsafl.com.au ...... Cheers, Poider;)

Have to disagree with you there Watsons. It isn't a given that every club has plenty wrong with it, many are on the rigth track and moving along nicely. And out of curiosity, what is it that's wrong with our club?
So what you're saying is, there's not one thing you would change about your club, you are completely happy with every facet of what happens there. Must be the only perfect football club in Oz.
There is a difference to being on the right track and having nothing wrong. We are on the right track (at last) too, but there is still plenty we need to fix.

So what you're saying is, there's not one thing you would change about your club, you are completely happy with every facet of what happens there. Must be the only perfect football club in Oz.
There is a difference to being on the right track and having nothing wrong. We are on the right track (at last) too, but there is still plenty we need to fix.

Nothing's ever perfect Watsons, and I never claimed that. However in answer to your question, yes I am completely happy with where the Hawks are, and where they are heading. In my view there is very little to 'fix' as you put it. There is always some tinkering to keep the ship sailing smoothly but we have a good club with good people working both on and off the field.

Bruno, Chris is going well. He's a hard master on the track, he has the boys training their pants off and they have responded well with good numbers on the track. He addressed the committee at the last meeting and i for one quite impressed with his professionalism. Look at our web site his contact No. is on there. www.southcairnsafl.com.au ...... Cheers, Poider;)

Well thats good to hear Poider. I have seen some interesting things posted around the place about him, the Web makes it alot easier to track down ppl these days.

It would have to be a big jump to go from coaching in the bush in western Qld to the Cairns comp surely?? I could only image the comp out their would be a pub league at best. He must have come with good rap's from his old clubs.

I will be sure to come watch his team play when I am in Cairns later in the year, hopefully their winning a few games.

Want to move to a booming mining city with great work opportunities?​
Looking for a great climate to play footy?​
Andergrove Kangaroos is looking for senior players to bolster their list in the Mackay AFL - QLD.​

Please send a message or call 0408 373 531​

you have obviously a grudge with S J and Souths for YOUR REASONS

please stop coming here and chatting rubbish,

you left here or was never here

please keep your comment on Cairns football as a whole , we don't need your argument to spill over here

I'm requesting you please stay on the GV site or other southern sites which you are across

I dont have a problem with SJ or Souths, the blokes a awsome coach , your prez is a ripper bloke. I have a problem with some of your commitee and the way they do things. The way Douglas was sacked was not handled very well, but we move on dont we, hope you have no trouble with this new coach, 3 coaches in 3 years does not look good for the club. And Tamba if i want to comment on a league i played in i shall, who are you to tell me were i can and cant comment. I heard down here that one penguin would have his turkey drinking coach back anytime, and 2013 is not out of the question.

I dont have a problem with SJ or Souths, the blokes a awsome coach , your prez is a ripper bloke. I have a problem with some of your commitee and the way they do things. The way Douglas was sacked was not handled very well, but we move on dont we, hope you have no trouble with this new coach, 3 coaches in 3 years does not look good for the club. And Tamba if i want to comment on a league i played in i shall, who are you to tell me were i can and cant comment. I heard down here that one penguin would have his turkey drinking coach back anytime, and 2013 is not out of the question.

if you have no problem with S J then why call him

i know you lov this bald low life :thumbsu::thumbsu:

this has been previously stated but Again will repeat it for your benefit

it wasn't the committee that sacked Robbie, all coaching positions as usual every year was up for grabs, and a more qualified coach won the job , but later pulled out to a great job with NTAFL

not telling you where you can comment but getting tired of your dribble on one subject, give it a rest,

if you were really committed to him you should have stuck around & been coached by him last year & put your hand up for the committee if you didn't like the way they ran things.

try 2014-15 before he heads back to retire

this has been previously stated but Again will repeat it for your benefit

it wasn't the committee that sacked Robbie, all coaching positions as usual every year was up for grabs, and a more qualified coach won the job , but later pulled out to a great job with NTAFL

not telling you where you can comment but getting tired of your dribble on one subject, give it a rest,

if you were really committed to him you should have stuck around & been coached by him last year & put your hand up for the committee if you didn't like the way they ran things.

try 2014-15 before he heads back to retire

Ok enough of the back and forward banter. People are going to have a crack at other clubs and the people from those clubs are going to stick up for them so really is there any point.
Back to on the park. Who is lighting up the track this pre season? Any new recruits looking the goods? Relton Roberts at PD how do we think he will go?

Ok enough of the back and forward banter. People are going to have a crack at other clubs and the people from those clubs are going to stick up for them so really is there any point.
Back to on the park. Who is lighting up the track this pre season? Any new recruits looking the goods? Relton Roberts at PD how do we think he will go?
Relton Roberts?? wow the Viola/Wanderers connection again. On talent could win the medal, but I'm backing he's back in Darwin by the end of r 1.

Port Douglas very close to signing our Captain of the last 2 seasons in the Bendigo FL. Missed most of last yr with a knee injury but an ex league rep and looking fitter than ever atm, will b a good get for them

Souths had a good trial match on Saturday at Watson Oval against a Townsville team, 6 x 20 min quarters. Both sides needed snorkels & fins. AFL Cairns umpires took charge of the trial for their pre-season warm up trial. Some interesting performances by Souths player should be a far better year in 2011, Townsville had some strong talented lads they will possibly push for rep.positions in the Nth. Qld side this year.

next week Souths take on Centrals at Hollaways in another trial, had a chat with their coach, he is happy with the way they are coming along this early in the season and as the same with most clubs he still has a few more to arrive.

I haven't seen Relton Roberts show up on the transfer list Lachrilly? Crocs could be a force again but haven't half their side from last year left.

Is the 'Daniel McEntee' transferred to Saints one of the brothers of McEntee's who played at Southport? Think one was a full forward....

Only 2 weeks until the preseason cup.... Can we take much out of it? Last year Norths played Trinity for the cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

?? Keep me out of this. I've already had a sook whinge at me and threaten me via private message! haha. Im a bit old for throwing cut lunches so I just sit back and read now.

Well that takes the fun out of it. You're one of only a few who make sense on here upthemiddle. What sort of low life would make a threat on here? Weak as you know what. Take care my friend.:thumbsu:

I haven't seen Relton Roberts show up on the transfer list Lachrilly? Crocs could be a force again but haven't half their side from last year left.

Is the 'Daniel McEntee' transferred to Saints one of the brothers of McEntee's who played at Southport? Think one was a full forward....

Only 2 weeks until the preseason cup.... Can we take much out of it? Last year Norths played Trinity for the cup.

Only heard about it then saw the photo on the back of the PD newspaper but like a few have said he may end up in the NT no doubt. I think it is Collo. From watching him train he looks the goods. Any insight on his recent record?

Tongue in cheek hahahaha, he is a bald headed turkey drinking low life, and i like a number of players moved back down north.

Well that takes the fun out of it. You're one of only a few who make sense on here upthemiddle. What sort of low life would make a threat on here? Weak as you know what. Take care my friend.:thumbsu:

Yeah I thought it was a bit rough old mate. Ah well you get that. So I see quite a few clearances starting to pop up? And yes I can vouch for Mcentee, was a gun forward in his day. Might be getting on a bit now, and hadn't played a lot of senior footy the last few years. I see Hawks have a few on there also, but the recruit of the year has to be Relton Roberts doesn't it? He'll play for NT Thunder I reckon, but good luck to Port for trying.

Yeah I thought it was a bit rough old mate. Ah well you get that. So I see quite a few clearances starting to pop up? And yes I can vouch for Mcentee, was a gun forward in his day. Might be getting on a bit now, and hadn't played a lot of senior footy the last few years. I see Hawks have a few on there also, but the recruit of the year has to be Relton Roberts doesn't it? He'll play for NT Thunder I reckon, but good luck to Port for trying.
Re: AFL Cairns - 2010 season
Quote:
Originally Posted by all right

English is your second language then I take it all right? haha
I have never asked for sackings of any kind on here or in any conversation, ever! All I stated that the league head honchos seem to take too seriously their own positions. By that I mean they are not above others as I have heard time and time again by many. I am just uttering the sentiments of many all right. And in keeping with my overall theme, I say don't take yourselves so bloody seriously! It is strange how I and the woodsmen have the same view?? You've lost me their genius. And I follow the Mighty Gold Coast Suns!!!

Ok haha your are good at insulting people well done. Now why are you so reluctant to say what club you follow IN CAIRNS! IN THE CAIRNS AFL COMP? hu
So let me get this right you do not take this too seriously and you haven't had a swipe at any other club in CAIRNS, IN THE CAIRNS AFL COMP is this correct
ok u are back now ask the question that was posted last year

This bar gnome must be going blind :eek:, have gone to AFL Cairns web site & can't see any listings for transfers please direct me correctly before I trade in these beer goggles :D

Souths had a good trial match on Saturday at Watson Oval against a Townsville team, 6 x 20 min quarters. Both sides needed snorkels & fins. AFL Cairns umpires took charge of the trial for their pre-season warm up trial. Some interesting performances by Souths player should be a far better year in 2011, Townsville had some strong talented lads they will possibly push for rep.positions in the Nth. Qld side this year.

next week Souths take on Centrals at Hollaways in another trial, had a chat with their coach, he is happy with the way they are coming along this early in the season and as the same with most clubs he still has a few more to arrive.

Heard on the rumour mill that souths had three players sent off in this practice match. Any truth to the rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back