AFL Cairns - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints have lost a lot of key players from last season. Recruits were essential to keep the club amongst the contenders this season.

At what cost, :eek:

please don't give us the same

yardia, yardia :p

we know your clubs line is, WE only pays incentives,----- like the Hawks

but most in Cairns do not believe this line :rolleyes:

yes we did a few years ago try it,

but were more honest about the dealings :)

At what cost, :eek:

please don't give us the same

yardia, yardia :p

we know your clubs line is, WE only pays incentives,----- like the Hawks

but most in Cairns do not believe this line :rolleyes:

yes we did a few years ago try it,

but were more honest about the dealings :)

Well Tamba you tell me where all this money is coming from and we will both know..
Coach plus Assistant coach are the only paid players.... Amazing what winning a few flags does to make recruiting easier...

Played 2 games with Richmond but most of year with Coburg. I'm pretty sure he had trouble settling in Melb and spent time back in Darwin.

Heard on the grape vine he is comfortable in the sun of Darwin and probably wont be comin.

Port have been quite in the early part of silly season, having lost a fair few would have thought they would have the cash rollin for some names??

As many as it takes guess :eek:

Any truth to the rumour that an AFL Cairns club has approached Fevola to play up here this season????

Story on the Brisbane Times website last week said he was visiting his brother in Mount Isa. Apparently his brother has just started coaching out there, maybe he will go there and disappear off the face of the earth.

Story on the Brisbane Times website last week said he was visiting his brother in Mount Isa. Apparently his brother has just started coaching out there, maybe he will go there and disappear off the face of the earth.

Be a great place for him out there, he'd fit right in. :D:D:D

That may be the coach's inflence coming out, good to see some things don't change.

Yeah Bruno, you would have the say the rumour is close to the mark as there are no replies from the people in the know. I hope they can address the problems before the seasons starts as I hope the cutters have a better season this year, compared with last. Good luck to all clubs in next weeks pre-season comp.

Yeah Bruno, you would have the say the rumour is close to the mark as there are no replies from the people in the know. I hope they can address the problems before the seasons starts as I hope the cutters have a better season this year, compared with last. Good luck to all clubs in next weeks pre-season comp.
Dear oh dear. It's started already.

Can someone honestly tell me how many players have said they won;t play under Cutters coach Chris Adams?

On and off the field, his behaviour is absolutely appalling.

Mark my words, he (and the club for appointing him) will be the laughing stock of the league by round 3.

Unluckily for him, I heard a rumour someone who knows what he's like is coming to work at The Cairns Post?

Dear oh dear. It's started already.

Can someone honestly tell me how many players have said they won;t play under Cutters coach Chris Adams?

On and off the field, his behaviour is absolutely appalling.

Mark my words, he (and the club for appointing him) will be the laughing stock of the league by round 3.

Unluckily for him, I heard a rumour someone who knows what he's like is coming to work at The Cairns Post?

I Reckon the lad deserves a fair go, everyone deserves a second, third or even fourth chance in life, let his action be watched over the next few weeks, couple of guys were resasonable impressed with his attitude and committment yesterday im a practice match, although they did say he gets to much of the ball in the wrong spots, and wont win games for them,

I Reckon the lad deserves a fair go, everyone deserves a second, third or even fourth chance in life, let his action be watched over the next few weeks, couple of guys were resasonable impressed with his attitude and committment yesterday im a practice match, although they did say he gets to much of the ball in the wrong spots, and wont win games for them,
Doesn't surprise me.

It's just a pity the Cutters didn't do their research before giving him the position.

They willl lose people from around the club - he has a lack of respect for even those who do plenty of good things, especially people who volunteer their time around clubs.

I bet the Cutters are already wondering why they appointed him as coach.

Is just simply an unreasonable, and untrustworthy person, both on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on let's talk about football, not harping on two subjects!!

has any other club had internal trials , practice games,
any more gains or losses ???

Doesn't surprise me.

It's just a pity the Cutters didn't do their research before giving him the position.

They willl lose people from around the club - he has a lack of respect for even those who do plenty of good things, especially people who volunteer their time around clubs.

I bet the Cutters are already wondering why they appointed him as coach.

Is just simply an unreasonable, and untrustworthy person, both on and off the field.

Geez @ Buffs for Life, you paint a bit of a sorry picture. I new the bloke years ago and he was certainly an out their character, but by crikey you seem to be crusifying the bloke.

I think you are holding a grudge here. Surely a club in what is a pretty decent competition in Cairns would do their homework and contact the last club he coached at. If he caused as much turmoil as you say at his last club surely that information would have been given to South Cairns when they contacted the club.

I may be wrong, but I would think a football club would do some homework on their new senior coach??????

Couple of mates saw the cutters and bulldogs on Sunday, the beach boys have picked up some very handy players from my boys reports, a big ranger from Box Hill, didnt do much, an old lad at Fullfoward looks as though he will be ok, and the young Fewkes played very well after some years away, word from Tyson is they still have 6 more on the way, dunno bout that, but look ok, the cutters were ordinary, as mentioned the coach got a lot of it, but in the bacline 99% of the time, wont man up, the good omballers in the comp will eat him alive. Hawks were mentioned over a beer at the RSL, looked pretty slick did the new boys, bit hard to gauge though, havent heard anything else much, Tigers had an interclub last week, some lad went down with a busted ankle, not much I have heard??

Geez @ Buffs for Life, you paint a bit of a sorry picture. I new the bloke years ago and he was certainly an out their character, but by crikey you seem to be crusifying the bloke.

I think you are holding a grudge here. Surely a club in what is a pretty decent competition in Cairns would do their homework and contact the last club he coached at. If he caused as much turmoil as you say at his last club surely that information would have been given to South Cairns when they contacted the club.

I may be wrong, but I would think a football club would do some homework on their new senior coach??????

Agree Bruno, lets move on.

How are the Cairns boys doin down Brisbane, Bohm, Michael, Chitty, Yagmoor, any others I have missed, would like to know if they are any chance of crackin the big time??

Agreed, be interesting to see how he goes with the Cutters.

All the best to him if it ends sweetly, but not sure exactly how much research the Cutters did before signing him.

i have played against Chris Adams back in the North Gippy League, yes he can be a bit of a loose cannon at times but cant we all..... i think every one should relax give the guy a chance he may even suprise you all a little. he is no super star and i am sure if you talk to him he would never suggest he is, but he will give every thing he has on the ground and is a good bloke of the ground.......

gidday gents....flinstone you are wrong this time too, the old bloke turns 38 this week actually. To say good ridance to him from souths is a bit harsh, pretty sure you did not know him well enough to comment. yes he did take his three juniors to the saints, any one involved in a certain junior team at Souths last year would understand why. kids are meant to be tought to enjoy the game not win at all costs. the old bloke did train with the hawks for a couple of weeks to but Griffo new from the out set that he was going to have a run at the saints as he knows he will not be a regular senior player and is playing footy now for the social side of things and because he loves the game and it is hard for him to give it up even though he should. Good luck to Griffi and the boys at the hawks i think they will go well this year. Dont be shy come up and have a beer with me when you play the saints i will be the one watching the seniors with three juniors hanging around close by.

I think you are being a bit harsh on yourself 38southerner... You showed last night in the intra club how valuable experience is in wet conditions and it wouldn't surprise me if you are playing senior games throughout the yr or a regular in the side.
Hopefully Saturday can stay fine.. How are clubs going with fielding full strength sides?? Saints will have a number of key players out but I'd expect the guys on the park to be competitive.

Geeeeeee Tamba, your new coach is coping a hiding, should you of kept Robbie, only time will tell, and if it doesnt work out , i hope all board members stand down.

Well there's the endorsement right there.

Flintstone your comments are always so wise and insightful, please fill this board with more of your wisdom.... :p

DRK hope the weather fines up for the weekend although its not looking good. The Saints look as though they have a tough draw against Manunda and Norths. I expect Manunda to win this side of the draw, however, Norths will be big improvers this year. I think there culture has really turned the corner. Good luck to them.:thumbsu:

It will be good to see how Port bounce back this year also, hopefully for the leagues sake they haven't lost to many players over the off-season.

Come on Tamba, tell me even 50% of your footy club have faith in or trust this coach of yours.

I bet what you all were thinking came out a little bit more after your trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back