AFL Cairns 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If these payments are anywhere near correct , which I doubt as always they are blown out of proportion ,
clubs are again paying overs,
sorry but Koch is not worth $400 & Bridges definitely not $600 per game .
If they think they are worth that or decent enough to command WHY then not go chasing coin in Vic Country or SANF Amatures League where it rains money for decent players and get yourself noticed for the big time in the draft
Just saying

Agree will be an interesting 6 team season.

Hope Hawks get players flocking back to the Nest in 2016

Yeah have to agree, those boys are good players but nowhere near that money.
Will the Hawks be based at Cazalys next year ?? Or have Afl Cairns have other plans for them... Gordonvale Hawks...
Just saying.......

What's happening at tigerland, seem to be losing a fair few? Who is on the recruiting radar to replace?

Who are the clubs big signings so far. Plenty of clearances on the page so far. Most clubs except Saints and Norths seem to have plenty coming in. Anybody know of the names so we know who to look out for this pre season

Yeah have to agree, those boys are good players but nowhere near that money.
Will the Hawks be based at Cazalys next year ?? Or have Afl Cairns have other plans for them... Gordonvale Hawks...
Just saying.......

How about Behan St Hawks....just saying. Have heard Manunda will be propping up the Tigers seniors this year after a mass exodus at Tigerland.

Have been told only 2 players from the Hawks have been at the Tigerland training.
Saints might have got a few of them??
Just hope the Hawks boys keep playing somewhere so we don't lose anymore young footballers.

What's the story with Harbrow leaving Lions?
Must say Tootell should do good things, looks like a switched on character

What's the story with Harbrow leaving Lions?
Must say Tootell should do good things, looks like a switched on character

It's interesting that the Lions won't give Harbrow a clearance though. They didn't want him and now they won't let him go.

Colts are off and running, the young under manned Hawks didn't disgrace themselves against a physical Cape York. They only went down by 17 points in the last quarter. Any news on the other games?

Colts are off and running, the young under manned Hawks didn't disgrace themselves against a physical Cape York. They only went down by 17 points in the last quarter. Any news on the other games?

Cutters out of the gates fast against Port and held on for the win
Lions beat a young Saints outfit
Port had a good win against doggies

Should be an interesting comp this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chockablock said:
Results from yesterday pre-season cup? Anyone there to watch, reports?
Pool A saw all teams record a win and a loss with Lions going through. All teams looked good in their wins but ordinary in their losses so hard read too much. Lions looked a little undisaplined but were good to watch and seemed to have some sort of structure. Port had alot missing from last years flag witn their team near unrecognizable. Souths were also missing/ resting a few with Ellich up to his old tricks. I'm sure Souths will regret signing him. Saints went through winning both their games with Centrals beating Norths in the other. Norths will be very young again and played two near different teams so hard to gauge. Centrals looked quite good against Saints with good structure and were hard at it. Saints beat Norths very easily but found the going tough against CTB. With 7 or 8 first choices to come back in rd.1will only improve on their outing. Overall all teams were quite rusty but a good hitout for all clubs. My early season ladder

Souths, Port, Saints with Lions and CTB fighting for 4th with Norths to have a tough season. Hard to know how many guns teams had out but thats my crack at it

Obviously saints haven't missed a beat over the pre-season and interesting match-up with Lions who are still an unknown quantity at this stage (although i suppose everyone is atm). Still alot of talent to come into the league judging by the transfer page especially from the NTFL at Centrals and Lions. Also looks like Port has been busy replacing alot of lost talent

Centrals recruited heavily last year from down south but by mid season most of them had left. These clubs must have some jobs lined up to keep all these blokes up here. Or, they have some serious coin hidden away in the piggy bank.

Thoughts on Brian Durbidge ? I thought he had left CTB and now back in preseason cup. He wouldn't be playing for a bag of mixed lollies

Only a few days away now. What are we looking forward to...??? Here are mine.
Watching Walsh and Smith in another goal kicking shootout.
Lions, are they contenders.
Watching all the great young blokes playing up here, some great talent.

Time to get something written about the local footy - After 3 rounds the comp seems pretty even with only the young Norths a bit below the others if they're missing their recruits. Seeing how the seconds go from each club will be a good guide as depth will play a part this season I think.

Port, Saints and Souths lost a few players but have covered their losses and I think are maybe a bit stronger than last year, Centrals have got things running well on and off the field from what I've heard and with a lot of recruits will take a round to gel properly. The same story goes for Lions, losing some quality players but good admin and recruiting and they beat the undefeated Bulldogs on the weekend.

From the weekends games, Port were very good against Saints. With their full ground press and players behind the ball it was always going to be a low scoring game. Saints to only lose by 3 goals after being that behind after the first quarter tells me this was a heavy weight clash and both teams will be at the pointy end of the ladder.
Centrals started like they finished against port the week before leading by 4 or 5 goals early but the new lions outfit showed fight to get back into the game and win by 5 goals. This game was closer than that with only a few points in it half way through the last quarter.
Souths bounced back after their hiccup last week by easily beating the young understrength Tigers. Which is what a premiership contender should do.

Some good games to come in the next two weeks and it will be interesting after the first round to see how the teams have settled.

I think the season will be a lot more interesting than previous years, will be very interesting to see who makes the finals and in what position. There will be some really important matches in the last couple of rounds. Going to be a long, hard season where a dropped game early could really come back to bite you.

Have to agree with you saint, very interesting year. Norths a bit below the best but could cause an upset or 2 during the year.
Lions have improved, would have been a good game with the Dogs on the weekend.
Souths may have been run into some form after Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back