AFL Cairns 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Poiderr

Senior List
May 1, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Collingwood
Watched the Saints V's South game and South were better and stronger over the ball in the wet. The dry would suit saints more.
I see Lucas Ellich is still the same GERM he always was. He will get 2 weeks for the punch he threw on saints player if on camera.

Tell me more about your theory "The dry would suit saints more"

HappyFeet

Rookie
May 24, 2011
Cairns
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tell me more about your theory "The dry would suit saints more"
On the Day...South were a big body side and if the rain had held off the saints would have made better use of their runners instead they were battling for the footy in the wet against a Souths team that were strong over the ball.

Anyone watch the game today? Lions vTigers

Yes i did, it wasn't to bad until halfway through the last quarter when the Lions blew out.

Went to the Hawks get together on Monday night.
It was a bit of a snooze fest for most of it, AFLCairns has informed the Hawks they can return in 2016 if they meet certain criteria.
But of course the league never formally informed them of what that is.

The jist of it all is they have to have something similar to a business proposal and strategic management plan before they can get the go ahead.

There was other stuff discussed but it was not of importance until they find out in writing what they need first.

Also did anyone else know that the AFLCAirns had plans for Edmonton or Redlynch?

jorgo21

Debutant
Aug 29, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Back in 2013, there was the draft report for the Walker Road Sporting Precinct in Edmonton that mentioned a potential relocation for Hawks down there. Not sure where that stands 2 years later, but given the growth down that way, it makes sense for AFL Cairns to want to be a part of it.

http://www.cairns.qld.gov.au/facili...ts-and-strategies/walker-rd-sporting-precinct

Yes ok, but how does it work by moving a club that was started for kids at Trinity Bay High to move to an area that doesn't have a High School?
If the league wants a club to move there that's fine, but Manunda has been in the Manunda area since 1984.

Just shows you what the league is up to.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Was at Norths and Saints yesterday, the 2's game was good . The Norths boys are slowly on the improve, Saints experience was the difference.
The 1's was ordinary, Walsh a lazy 10.
Anyone attend other games?

Poiderr

Senior List
May 1, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Collingwood
Was at Norths and Saints yesterday, the 2's game was good . The Norths boys are slowly on the improve, Saints experience was the difference.

Two close games out at Fretty, reserves went the way of the Cutters but was a good tussle with both sides leading several times. Seniors deservedly taken out by Centrals. Cutters very poor in the first half, with the dogs letting us in in the second half. Balcony thought we were hard done by the umps but thats footy. Good win to the dogs, makes it an interesting comp this year.

The ressies was great, well done to both teams and the umpires.

The Senior game was one of the worst umpired games i have ever seen live, the bloke that umpired the Tigers end for 75% of the game had the worst attitude i've ever seen from an official ever, argued with the coach and gave some hand gesture but the arguing with spectators was even more disturbing.
Overall 1/10 for that ump.

Seriously do the AFL Cairns even send an umpires coach or rep to any Seniors games?

This league would have to be one of the worst set ups anywhere, how do you have 3 of the seniors clubs to be backed by the AFL Cairns Cazalys and at least one Junior club (Power) as well.
How did the Saints ever get permission to come into the league between two others not even 5 kms away?
How did the Eagles who are basically the rep side of the Crusaders get into the Juniors and take most of the Tigers juniors so they now have NO 15' or Colts?
How can the league justify 4 junior clubs within a 5 km radius?

This league is almost the epitomy of a travelling Circus.

Last edited:

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Hawks and Saints have excellent numbers in the juniors i believe but i do feel for Norths as Eagles should not have been allowed to take that many kids that would force a team to fold which Norths u15s had to half way through last season. Why is it that the losing team always has umpire issues. Never see a team that wins complain. Maybe the attitude of both ghe Norths senior and ressies coach is too blame as both were heard shouting at the umpire in the ressies it was Norths own umpire that was coping it and Armfield was warned for his contsant abuse to them.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I thought the umpiring in the 2s game at saints was ok . There were a couple of terrible calls against norths b4 half time, could understand a coaches frustration with those. Which were called by their umpire..

If I saw correctly the umpires boss might have been a goal umpire for the day.

Which are the 3 clubs backed by AFL cairns cazalys?

I thought the umpiring in the 2s game at saints was ok . There were a couple of terrible calls against norths b4 half time, could understand a coaches frustration with those. Which were called by their umpire..

If I saw correctly the umpires boss might have been a goal umpire for the day.

Which are the 3 clubs backed by AFL cairns cazalys?

The three that have their clubs owned by the league are Fretwell Park Sports Club, Holloway Beach Sports Complex and Centrals

Hawks and Saints have excellent numbers in the juniors i believe but i do feel for Norths as Eagles should not have been allowed to take that many kids that would force a team to fold which Norths u15s had to half way through last season. Why is it that the losing team always has umpire issues. Never see a team that wins complain. Maybe the attitude of both ghe Norths senior and ressies coach is too blame as both were heard shouting at the umpire in the ressies it was Norths own umpire that was coping it and Armfield was warned for his contsant abuse to them.

I only had a whine about one umpire in the senior game.

The ressies was great, well done to both teams and the umpires.

The Senior game was one of the worst umpired games i have ever seen live, the bloke that umpired the Tigers end for 75% of the game had the worst attitude i've ever seen from an official ever, argued with the coach and gave some hand gesture but the arguing with spectators was even more disturbing.
Overall 1/10 for that ump.

Seriously do the AFL Cairns even send an umpires coach or rep to any Seniors games?

This league would have to be one of the worst set ups anywhere, how do you have 3 of the seniors clubs to be backed by the AFL Cairns Cazalys and at least one Junior club (Power) as well.
How did the Saints ever get permission to come into the league between two others not even 5 kms away?
How did the Eagles who are basically the rep side of the Crusaders get into the Juniors and take most of the Tigers juniors so they now have NO 15' or Colts?
How can the league justify 4 junior clubs within a 5 km radius?

This league is almost the epitomy of a travelling Circus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost to the Crocs by over 200 points.

Wasn't many positives for us out of the game but it was good to see a few of our younger fellas come out with some great possessions and marks.
A long season but we should be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes a long day at Watsons, the last quarter port kicked 14.3. Some of the young boys going ok, just too many in the one side. Not enough experience.
Port are a good side. Young Corey Flint tried his best to take mark of the year..lol
The 2s was a good game, once again the tigers improving. Need to play 4 quarters and they could snag a win or two.

Dilby

Rookie
May 13, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dilby was at the footy at cazalys yesterday and the wheels well and truly feel off!!! What is John tootel coaching out at city's?? Bet they wished they kept Marc Harrow now!!

Dilby was at the footy at cazalys yesterday and the wheels well and truly feel off!!! What is John tootel coaching out at city's?? Bet they wished they kept Marc Harrow now!!

Marc is well and truly teaching the Hawks Colts some good things, not that it shows on the ladder. They have only had a few blowouts mainly against the two ladder leaders.

Yes a long day at Watsons, the last quarter port kicked 14.3. Some of the young boys going ok, just too many in the one side. Not enough experience.
Port are a good side. Young Corey Flint tried his best to take mark of the year..lol
The 2s was a good game, once again the tigers improving. Need to play 4 quarters and they could snag a win or two.

Agree.
We seem to be making some very silly mistakes that could be easily solved.

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Well done to Norths on their first win of the season. What has happened to Lions. At the start of the year they were were a competitive unit that could push finals. Now wooden spoon isnt out of the question if Norths keep improving. Is it injuries, players leaving im not sure but they were very disapointing yesterday against Saints who had a few missing plus lost 2 key players before half time

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Was a good day at Norths yesterday, a great game. Amazing what a few talls and some experience brings to a side of young blokes.
Centrals had a few out injured or rested??
Centrals too good in the reserves.

Was a good day at Norths yesterday, a great game. Amazing what a few talls and some experience brings to a side of young blokes.
Centrals had a few out injured or rested??
Centrals too good in the reserves.

I heard the Centrals using the excuse they had four or five out. Bull dust they were awful, they played a lot worse than we did the week before.
Don't know their names but 16 and 59 for the tiges would easily be their best players of the season, great to see a few young guns at the Tiges.
Just Imagine if AFL Cazalys didn't steal our Under 15's and Colts, we'd be up their in a few seasons to bad it's turned into a few decades.

Chockablock

Draftee
Feb 21, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who have the dogs lost?! Absolutely pumped by crocs and a loss to cellar-dwellers in tigers. Anything to worry about over at bulldog land?

Saints and Port a class above the rest

Lions seemingly fell apart with a number of beltings over the last few weeks, however a solid display in 90 point win over tigers on the weekend showed some good signs

Cairns City Lion

Senior List
Jul 27, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Didn't get to Holloways, was it a good clean game?
Yep, Lions had a dozen first graders back & were too classy for the Tigers. With that side in consistently, Lions may prove a handful for a few sides in second half of the season. Credit where its due as well, the game was well umpired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back