Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Watched a cracking game at Griffiths. Saints controlled it for 3 quarters but Port showed their class in the end. Port were very good in the ressies

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
yeah, about 6 too many. Norths had a crack today, Mr Cooper would have had a few words to his boys.
Two good games of footy. Norths showed some physical presence around the contest it both grades seemed to throw Port off their game a bit.
Travis Thorne hit on old mate from port was a beauty.. Fair, clean and hard.

tigers1963

Draftee
Aug 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just wanted to put my 2 cents in... I have watched everyone of the tigers games this year and seen them train a handful of times. From what i can gather from my time spent around the club David Arnfield is a very average coach! He 'might' be alright if given a team of a high standard players that can coach themselves but he has done a woeful job with the club this year. Training has been shocking I've seen under 12's training that has been run better. The guy basically does circle work and finishes off with 5 star handball and the players are off the track within under an hour. He plays the same game plan and structures each week and hasn't tried a single thing new all year. Every other club has improved significantly as the Season has gone on and the tigers seemed to have gone backwards. The Bloke loves to get loud and go off his head at the players at half time and abuse the umpires so they keep paying all the 50/50 free kicks against us all day because the umps find it hilarious, but doesn't back it up with his actions as a coach. Yes they are a young side and Yes you can't expect them to win all the time but he sure as hell hasn't got the best out of them. His defensive, reactive styled game plan hasn't worked all year oppo teams still kick 30 goals against us and we're lucky to average 4 a game. In my Opinion he needs encourage the team to take risks and try to put more score on the board rather than playing the safe kick down the line 1 on 1 footy where the players just gets pushed of the ball and still end up losing by 20 goals. The Playing group look very flat and i know it's his training and game style that's doing the players heads in and i don't blame them only managing 3 goals a game gives them nothing to celebrate. I'd like to see Arnfield stick his usual game plan and let the team have some fun and try something new this weekend for their last game of the year and watch them look like a complete different team. I understand it doesn't help his cause when he's only got half a dozen quality players in the team but i really feel sorry for them players busting their ass each week for him and it seems he hasn't been able to improve the rest of the group to become competitive. I get the feeling we are going to lose even more players next year to other clubs unless changes are made!

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in... I have watched everyone of the tigers games this year and seen them train a handful of times. From what i can gather from my time spent around the club David Arnfield is a very average coach! He 'might' be alright if given a team of a high standard players that can coach themselves but he has done a woeful job with the club this year. Training has been shocking I've seen under 12's training that has been run better. The guy basically does circle work and finishes off with 5 star handball and the players are off the track within under an hour. He plays the same game plan and structures each week and hasn't tried a single thing new all year. Every other club has improved significantly as the Season has gone on and the tigers seemed to have gone backwards. The Bloke loves to get loud and go off his head at the players at half time and abuse the umpires so they keep paying all the 50/50 free kicks against us all day because the umps find it hilarious, but doesn't back it up with his actions as a coach. Yes they are a young side and Yes you can't expect them to win all the time but he sure as hell hasn't got the best out of them. His defensive, reactive styled game plan hasn't worked all year oppo teams still kick 30 goals against us and we're lucky to average 4 a game. In my Opinion he needs encourage the team to take risks and try to put more score on the board rather than playing the safe kick down the line 1 on 1 footy where the players just gets pushed of the ball and still end up losing by 20 goals. The Playing group look very flat and i know it's his training and game style that's doing the players heads in and i don't blame them only managing 3 goals a game gives them nothing to celebrate. I'd like to see Arnfield stick his usual game plan and let the team have some fun and try something new this weekend for their last game of the year and watch them look like a complete different team. I understand it doesn't help his cause when he's only got half a dozen quality players in the team but i really feel sorry for them players busting their ass each week for him and it seems he hasn't been able to improve the rest of the group to become competitive. I get the feeling we are going to lose even more players next year to other clubs unless changes are made!

We must of crossed paths on a few occasions.
I'm not one for bashing a side when it's down and making the captain or coach an escape goat, but I totally agree with his reactive coaching style and the fact that I have not once seen him this season put faith in our forward line by pushing up the ground a bit and give some space to the Forwards.
The noise out of the box on home games is nothing but swearing, abuse or him kicking the box, my daughter who is 8 asks me if the crazy man is trying to get out every time he does it.

'IF' the Hawks are to come back next season we are way behind the other 5 clubs and it could be seen as though we will be even further behind all 6. The Wonna experiment has failed, the clubs juniors aren't there to come through to the seniors, the committee so far this season doesn't look like it's done what it was elected for and the club as a whole seems as though it's taken one huge step backwards altogether.

One rumour is a certain junior coach from another club is heading to coach the Tigers colts and taking half the current clubs squad there, my thoughts are why would you allow this if you were a part of the Tigers committee? Why would you rip another side a part when it happened to you previously?

The club needs a fresh outlook.

So what changes would need to be made at Tigerland??

Firstly we need to chase juniors
Secondly we have to ask ourselves is paying for players beneficial in short term.
We also have to look at what we can do to keep the players we have now, as I know a few of them want out badly.

Personally I don't know if the club is healthy off the field as I have no first hand knowledge of that, but we are not on the field and that's what I am worried about atm.

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Wasn't aware of players getting paid at Tigers. How do they keep these players that want out??
More important is why do they want to go?

anonymous4567

Draftee
Aug 29, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Tigers are f**ked at the moment 80 percent of senior players want out and absolutely cant wait til today's game is over and done with so we can wipe the season. 100 percent agree with the above comments regarding Arnfield and know the majority of the playing group would agree and hope he f**king reads or someone speaks up and tells him this before todays game. Last game of the year switch up the team switch up the defensive game plan that doesn't work! and lets enjoy the game and kick more than 20 points to 200!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tigers1963

Draftee
Aug 26, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Its obviously not completely Arnfield's fault he lacks a lot of talent. We only have a few consistent performers each week which isn't gonna help, but i feel he's got them boys set up all wrong and his game style just doesn't work. And for a bloke who is suppose to have plenty of experience even at the highest level i thought after a few games he would have woken up to himself and tried something different. I don't understand why he has them kicking down the line! the ball goes out of bounds and we get killed at stoppages especially against a bigger bodied team like Souths. Also doesn't help when he has our best players and our most likely chances of winning the ball forward doing reactive tagging roles. Yeah you might cut a few players out of the game but it's not helping the team out what so ever because he's using our best players to do so doesn't make sense at all. He needed to encourage the team to back their skills in, take risks and run and carry to create scoring opportunities rather than preach hes reactive style.

Wasn't aware of players getting paid at Tigers. How do they keep these players that want out??
More important is why do they want to go?

Remember the Wonna experiment? There's a few that would be getting a few hundred a game.
The clubs being run into the ground and I already posted about the Juniors and the Seniors.

Are you suggesting Hawks might not get a full squad? Things don't look good at Tiger Land already, let alone losing more players. Very quick decline has happened at Norths!

I'm suggesting they may not, it's a struggle up here to gain players and they've been out for a season.
Tigers need some help for sure.

Tigers are f**ked at the moment 80 percent of senior players want out and absolutely cant wait til today's game is over and done with so we can wipe the season. 100 percent agree with the above comments regarding Arnfield and know the majority of the playing group would agree and hope he f**king reads or someone speaks up and tells him this before todays game. Last game of the year switch up the team switch up the defensive game plan that doesn't work! and lets enjoy the game and kick more than 20 points to 200!!!!

I've tried to get on the members committee but can't as apparently i'm not what they want? A volunteer with time to give ...... is not what they want?

Arfield is a manager not a coach, there's a difference.
What we see in modern day AFL is a Head Coach that's similar to soccer managers, it works well at an AFL level and a few steps below but it does not work as well in local and country levels as they a more hands on coach who works with the playing group and not hidden away.

Coaching is more about working together as a unit and involving as many people at all levels to gain as much information to reach targets that are achievable.

Personally I would like to have at least one senior coach who has the Reserves Coach and the Colts Coach as assistants, plus who the Senior Coach wants. Now that means no playing coaches as I think this leads to a lot of interference and over complicates things way to much, maybe the assistants can play?

Head Coach - Senior Coach
Plans all training and fitness etc, Game Day Coach of Seniors, Pick game day squad, Committee seat, should be present for reserves and colts games
Assistant Coach - Ressies coach
Coaches in absence of Senior coach assists senior coach on game day, Helps senior coach train, helps pick squad, Committee seat,
Assistant Coach - Colts Coach
As with Ressies coach plus stats?

There is other ways it could work but this to me is the easiest way to work it.

Megamind

Draftee
Sep 25, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
With semis this week, it should be some close games. Some games have been up and down but with full squads playing, there will be no excuses. Port v Souths - port would be favourites with their season so far but Souths have some match winners. I think the bookends could decide as chapell v wardle and smith v Kelly, or will Kelly go to someone else and try to be 3rd man up against smith? Smith hasn't kicked as many goals this year but if the delivery is good, it could be this weekend. Dixon as well will go well on the big ground. With good mids on both sides - Ehlich/Clough, I think a fit billy English would help Souths cause. Overall I think port by 1-2 goals with their press on the big ground a factor.

Saints v trinity beach - will be a fast game with a lot depending on the makeup of the Bulldogs team. They've been down a bit lately but have had a number out. A few big returns recently in Roe and Conroy. If the dogs have a full strength team. It's anyone's game. Saints look to have a few good players back the last few weeks after injuries so I think most would be available. The key could be how many goals Conroy and roe kick when up forward while how the dogs limit saints scorers besides walshys 6. With both teams like running the footy, it could come down to who doesn't overuse the ball. I think Saints will get home by 2 goals.

On the twos, Souths v port. Souths have had some season ending injuries to key players which brings them back to the field a bit. I would normally of thought Souths by 4 goals but port beat them a few weeks back. If Souths use the footy properly, they have some big bodies which will be hard to stop so I think Souths might get up by 2 goals.

Saints v trinity beach - I think both of these teams have had lots of injuries this year but when they've had good teams on the park, they've usually won. So it will depend on who's available but there's no excuse in finals on team makeup. Whatever you put on the park is the best you've got. At this stage I'd have to think saints by a few goals as they seem to have a few mature heads with names like liridges and Jarvie, that's if they don't play ones.

All in all, results will depend on who plays cazalys big ground and the wind the smartest.
Anyone else have some predictions?

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
With semis this week, it should be some close games. Some games have been up and down but with full squads playing, there will be no excuses. Port v Souths - port would be favourites with their season so far but Souths have some match winners. I think the bookends could decide as chapell v wardle and smith v Kelly, or will Kelly go to someone else and try to be 3rd man up against smith? Smith hasn't kicked as many goals this year but if the delivery is good, it could be this weekend. Dixon as well will go well on the big ground. With good mids on both sides - Ehlich/Clough, I think a fit billy English would help Souths cause. Overall I think port by 1-2 goals with their press on the big ground a factor.

Saints v trinity beach - will be a fast game with a lot depending on the makeup of the Bulldogs team. They've been down a bit lately but have had a number out. A few big returns recently in Roe and Conroy. If the dogs have a full strength team. It's anyone's game. Saints look to have a few good players back the last few weeks after injuries so I think most would be available. The key could be how many goals Conroy and roe kick when up forward while how the dogs limit saints scorers besides walshys 6. With both teams like running the footy, it could come down to who doesn't overuse the ball. I think Saints will get home by 2 goals.

On the twos, Souths v port. Souths have had some season ending injuries to key players which brings them back to the field a bit. I would normally of thought Souths by 4 goals but port beat them a few weeks back. If Souths use the footy properly, they have some big bodies which will be hard to stop so I think Souths might get up by 2 goals.

Saints v trinity beach - I think both of these teams have had lots of injuries this year but when they've had good teams on the park, they've usually won. So it will depend on who's available but there's no excuse in finals on team makeup. Whatever you put on the park is the best you've got. At this stage I'd have to think saints by a few goals as they seem to have a few mature heads with names like liridges and Jarvie, that's if they don't play ones.

All in all, results will depend on who plays cazalys big ground and the wind the smartest.
Anyone else have some predictions?
Port and Saints to win both. Port easily in both. If Centrals have a full quota then both games will be close

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
My picks for today.
seniors, Saints to beat Centrals by 30
Port to beat South Cairns by20

reserves, Saints to beat Centrals by 10
Port to beat South Cairns by 7

Tigers35

Rookie
Feb 7, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Mmm.. 2 from 4 from last week.
See if I can do better this week,

Seniors.. Port v Saints ... Tough one maybe a draw?? haha Saints by 1 point

Reserves..Souths V Centrals.... Close game.. Souths form is not the best of late, Centrals by 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back