AFL CAIRNS 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is missing for the Tigers in the first few weeks. Have they got a president yet?

Got a few out with injury, Repu came over and done his shoulder. jorgo21 knows more outs than me.

El Presidente signed up.

jorgo21

Debutant
Aug 29, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Got a few out with injury, Repu came over and done his shoulder. jorgo21 knows more outs than me.

El Presidente signed up.

Yep Dave Lee has taken on the presidency this season. He's been involved with seniors, juniors and has held various committee positions over the years. So we're stoked to have Dave in the head role.

I don't think Drakey would appreciate me letting everyone know our ins and outs each week. I'll let people check the paper for that info.

The AFL social media policy is pretty tight, and it looks like I'm the only one here not hiding behind an alias. So you won't get much from me on this forum, other than positives from Tigerland.

Speaking of which, looking forward to the power getting connected to the new lights. Hopefully within the next few weeks.

Nazi Germany also stopped people from voicing their opinions.

AFL CAIRN$ has no business telling anyone what they can and can't say about any issue...... that's all i have to say about that.

Round 2 this weekend gents let's start getting some picks in.

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Nazi Germany also stopped people from voicing their opinions.

AFL CAIRN$ has no business telling anyone what they can and can't say about any issue...... that's all i have to say about that.

Round 2 this weekend gents let's start getting some picks in.

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah agree on all 3 tips their although centrals v port will be the closest game out of the lot with centrals maybe even leading at the 1st change. Always a tough assignment in port however so
port by around 30
Souths by 100
Saints by 40

Yeah agree on all 3 tips their although centrals v port will be the closest game out of the lot with centrals maybe even leading at the 1st change. Always a tough assignment in port however so
port by around 30
Souths by 100
Saints by 40

Hawks will put up a bit more of a fight than some think.

I think we would like to see North, Lions and Hawks put it to the top four teams every week so that we have a competition that becomes a lot more even.

Correct.
Tigers have worked super hard this off season and i think the league will see this throughout the season.

Hawks have done fairly well to get some of the players they have atm, Marc has done a great job over there.

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Correct.
Tigers have worked super hard this off season and i think the league will see this throughout the season.

Hawks have done fairly well to get some of the players they have atm, Marc has done a great job over there.

That's great to hear. It augers well for the comp and we all want to see competitive games from each club

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I will stand by my Souths touch up of hawks. Hawks taking it to a centrals side with 4/5 colts in it means nothing and I honestly see manunda being the old city lions under harbrow this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Marc harbrow is a top bloke. I know him personally and have played with him and under him. A handful of guys that he has playing under him at the moment have previously left lions to play under him again and with a few older blokes still getting a call up in the senior squad I just can't see them matching Souths this weekend

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Short answer is
yes I'm a fan of Marc
No I'm not a fan of his team
( not against Souths anyway )

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Short answer is
yes I'm a fan of Marc
No I'm not a fan of his team
( not against Souths anyway )

Watched a couple of games on the weekend. Didn't see anything to suggest that the comp has evened up. Pt. Douglas, South and Saints will make up the top three by a long way.

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
I watched saints v norths on Saturday and although saints won by the margin that they did they were far from convincing with norths reverting to the days of old and were focused on one thing and it wasn't football. Once saints put a couple quick ones on after half time you could tell it was going to blow out.
I think saints are top 4 but not in the top 3 by a long way. Manunda on their day will beat saturdays saints team and centrals are far better than the team they put out against norths on the weekend

Lachrilly

All Australian
May 17, 2007
Cairns
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
I watched saints v norths on Saturday and although saints won by the margin that they did they were far from convincing with norths reverting to the days of old and were focused on one thing and it wasn't football. Once saints put a couple quick ones on after half time you could tell it was going to blow out.
I think saints are top 4 but not in the top 3 by a long way. Manunda on their day will beat saturdays saints team and centrals are far better than the team they put out against norths on the weekend

Saints had a few missing but no out and out stars. As long as they beat the teams below them they should have no worries making the 4, but i wouldn't be surprised if they slipped up at least once along the way. Would be nice to have a fight for finals spots up to the closing rounds but i hate to say it doesn't look that way again this season. But it is only early.

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Will be an interesting weekend coming up to see if saints can get over centrals out there which I reckon will be the closest match of the season thus far.
It wouldn't surprise me if port left a few big names out this weekend for their trip down to cazalys but still don't think hawks will give them a run.
After watching lions against Souths the other week and norths last weekend I reckon lions should go into this game thinking they can pinch one.
Anyone give lions a show this weekend ?

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Will be an interesting weekend coming up to see if saints can get over centrals out there which I reckon will be the closest match of the season thus far.
It wouldn't surprise me if port left a few big names out this weekend for their trip down to cazalys but still don't think hawks will give them a run.
After watching lions against Souths the other week and norths last weekend I reckon lions should go into this game thinking they can pinch one.
Anyone give lions a show this weekend ?

I think it would be dangerous to leave players at home at this time of the year. Not convinced that Centrals or Saints are close to Cutters and Pt. Douglas, so it will be a close game. Lions were very unimpressive against South and with North being a bit more competitive against Saints last week I will lean towards the Tigers. Especially with a couple more players due back.

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Tips for the weekend gents ?

Centrals v saints : centrals by 30 in a up and down game

Lions v tigers : tigers by under 5 goals ( should be looked at as a win for lions)

Hawks v port : port by 100+ if they anywhere near full strength. Gross to bag 5+

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Tips for the weekend gents ?

Centrals v saints : centrals by 30 in a up and down game

Lions v tigers : tigers by under 5 goals ( should be looked at as a win for lions)

Hawks v port : port by 100+ if they anywhere near full strength. Gross to bag 5+

No real surprises on the weekend. The three teams expected to win did. Lions in for a mighty tough year and Centrals may just be a long way off the pace as well.

brrrrrrr

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Credit where credit is due manunda took it up to a strong port side.
Must admit it was good to see centrals lose and not to many excuses coming out of the kennel either.
Finally congratulations to north cairns !! Lions were only down by 4 goals at the main break but with a limited bench and 3-4 blokes over 40 years old norths were always going to run away with it and convincingly in the end.
This weekends matchs should speak for themselves really with hawks recording their 1st win and maybe even leapfrogging centrals in the process if they put lions away.

rexel

Debutant
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyone able to confirm the status of the Cairns City Lions after the article in the Cairns Post today. Doesn't look great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back