AFL CAIRNS - Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Word from some league juniors

Joshua Hanlon-Norths to Saints
Cameron Duffy- Redland to Hawks
Jermaine Wardle- Labrador to Cutters

How about coaches? See Norths unveiled their plans with O'Reilly, Lions are set with M Harbrow & Centrals as well with Roe added to the panel there. Any news from other clubs?

Shaun Fitzpatrick (ex north cairns and cairns saints) and his good mate Jesse Johnston first choice ruckman in the ovens and Murray football league team of the year, apparently shopping themselves around asking for 500 per game in the cairns league, from what I've heard as a package could be very damaging against opposition teams, very much in same vein as simon madden and Timmy Watson duet. Currently there plying their trade up in Darwin for Tracey village in the ntfl div 1

Sinclair is experienced, will get results immediately at a club and has turned many clubs down here from bottom to finals, but I don't think it comes cheaply. He certainly has the contacts. He is a quick fix coach, I am not up to speed on Manunda at the moment but I doubt that is what they are looking for. Sustainability is important. On Fitzpatrick and co, good luck to whoever gets him. I understand he took Norths to the cleaners and when he came across to Saints, he played twos.

Favourites for flag... Impossible to pick but I am sure Saints will be up there, I hear they are close to signing Mueller. I reckon Centrals will be the ones to watch, Seymour has a great deal of respect and will recruit well.

Fitzy is an oxygen thief. It's laughable that any club would consider paying a player like him who is a fringe 1s player at best, and contributes nothing around a club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well they haven't shopped to Lions so that's 3 clubs not willing I guess. Yes, its impossible to go past Saints for the flag once again, I heard that Mueller is going there, makes them very strong once again. I hope Norths can hang on to their squad & challenge again, we will improve & so will the Dogs. It seems Damien Roe has signed with Centrals for some decent dollars, he will be missed on the park. Be interesting to see who Sinclair brings in to Hawks. Gee, I know we are winning the cricket but bring on football season already....

Shaun Fitzpatrick (ex north cairns and cairns saints) and his good mate Jesse Johnston first choice ruckman in the ovens and Murray football league team of the year, apparently shopping themselves around asking for 500 per game in the cairns league, from what I've heard as a package could be very damaging against opposition teams, very much in same vein as simon madden and Timmy Watson duet. Currently there plying their trade up in Darwin for Tracey village in the ntfl div 1

More thieving, relatively can't make it in the big league over the hill mercenaries looking to con clubs out of their limited budgets. An annual game up here, who can con the biggest. Yes I am aware Souths were sucked in a few times.

More thieving, relatively can't make it in the big league over the hill mercenaries looking to con clubs out of their limited budgets. An annual game up here, who can con the biggest. Yes I am aware Souths were sucked in a few times.
Who's coaching out your way Tamba? Wardle a very nice pick up for the cutters...

Who's coaching out your way Tamba? Wardle a very nice pick up for the cutters...

From what I have been told D. Lock has the gig again in 2014

To set the record beore someone gets it wrong.

I lost my membership at Souths for 12 months, due to a whinging member (A Vice President whom he and I fell out a few years ago, over a personal arguement I had with an UMPIRE who was not officating that day) Yes i did use langugage and so did he but nothing happened to to him.

Sucks but I will be back.

From what I have been told D. Lock has the gig again in 2014

To set the record beore someone gets it wrong.

I lost my membership at Souths for 12 months, due to a whinging member (A Vice President whom he and I fell out a few years ago, over a personal arguement I had with an UMPIRE who was not officating that day) Yes i did use langugage and so did he but nothing happened to to him.

Sucks but I will be back.

Right of reply - Tamba I wish you would tell the whole story, you make out that you were being picked on. The truth is you have been warned many times about your abusive language, both from our club & AFL Cairns who you refuse to meet with to reconcile any indifference's. Your actions were not a one off offence, hence the club took a hard line approach which I say was well overdue. I am off the committee as of this Saturday, rest assured that your involvement with this club will be purely as a spectator after you have served your suspension, also rest assured that there is enough old heads around the club that know your history, that will not tolerate your behavior in the future. To the rest of the bloggers here, this is the bloke whom many of the long term AFL Cairns bloggers have written about time & again who has been abusive to the umpires and also to his own committee upon request to quieten down. I for one am very pleased that your not around to bring our great club into disrepute. Poiderr......☺

Remove this Banner Ad

Back