AFL Cairns -- Season 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the equivalent of ringing someone and saying - hey, guess what - there is a bushfire coming!

Then fining them for breaking water restrictions...

The AGM should be in a few months, hit them up at this .
All who are full members of their own club , from what I was told a few yrs ago when I enquired about being on that committee, are also members of AFL Cairns and can vote. But to be on their committee you have to have 5 yrs away from your own club so you won't appear to be bias LOL and become Faceless

Interesting comments above, you have to give some thought to the conspiracy theory that Flintstone has mentioned. However. I have heard in recent weeks on the grapevine and unofficially that the main reason that Hawks didn't go to Port Douglas was simply because they didn't have the numbers because the Colts players were in the finals. And I also heard there was no official player vote to abandon the game.

Can the Hawks people confirm or deny these rumours??

Don't know about that one Mullet. I'm not sure if all of that would be correct. Maybe you should double check with your source.

The AGM should be in a few months, hit them up at this .
All who are full members of their own club , from what I was told a few yrs ago when I enquired about being on that committee, are also members of AFL Cairns and can vote. But to be on their committee you have to have 5 yrs away from your own club so you won't appear to be bias LOL and become Faceless

Sounds interesting

The whole playing group was not consulted about the Port Douglas forfeit. The whole playing group was not consulted about recruiting boxsall to the club either. 100% fact

The whole playing group was not consulted about the Port Douglas forfeit. The whole playing group was not consulted about recruiting boxsall to the club either. 100% fact

Why do you need to inform players of whom you are recruiting till its done??
If there was an issue AFL Cairns would have said NO

The MAN was exonerated by a Court of Law , that's enough for me and should be for all. It is the justice system we have in place and has served this country well for over 200 years. Myself and 100,000s have fought to keep this land free and our system in place. So please get off your soap box and let's move on.

It's draft time , so get onto the southern boards like myself and a couple others from here and join in the conspiracy theories whom to trade for whom and what are they worth

Our season is over up here the, fun has begun down south

Last edited:
You all do understand that the reason why there were persons in port not happy with Boxsell, not because of his alleged charges from down south, but his misdemeanours while in port Douglas including the assault of 2 (at the time) fellow team mates, plus a series of other allegations from previous years. So if I was a player at a club that was looking to recruit this clown, with that sort of history, it would be in their best interests to be informed if the club was going to recruit a player of this nature.

Anyway, how good is trade week!

You all do understand that the reason why there were persons in port not happy with Boxsell, not because of his alleged charges from down south, but his misdemeanours while in port Douglas including the assault of 2 (at the time) fellow team mates, plus a series of other allegations from previous years. So if I was a player at a club that was looking to recruit this clown, with that sort of history, it would be in their best interests to be informed if the club was going to recruit a player of this nature.

Anyway, how good is trade week!

Some do know what happened, PD handled it their way, please move on,
this topic is should be finished, please stop bringing it up,
or start another thread on him, away from this one.

Free Agency draft week was very surprising with some of the trades.

St Kilda dangling number one pick, James Gwilt has gone to the Bombers,

Melb. seems to have the better of it what with the picks,

Magpies --- "Ban COLA, ban the academies, ban the interstate additions these northern clubs get"

- Eddie McGuire on Triple M's hot breakfast

Western Bulldogs have lost their way

Last edited:
My Nephew did well in the Draft Camp after a late call up.
Had numerous interviews with various clubs. Got a great write up on AFL.com as well.
Still don't know who is going to tap him on the shoulders yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott Hughes leaving the lions, returning to Victoria having signed with St Mary's in Geelong Football League.

NAMBOUR & HINTERLAND BLUES AFC
Looking to move to the Sunshine coast Qld for lifestyle change?
Nambour are looking for Players to Strengthen the current playing list for Season 2015.
Currently playing in the QFA North.
Assist with finding employment.
PM Snowy73 if interested

It surprises me that clubs don't do due diligence on Adams. Cutters had enough red flags from Victoria when he came up, and I don't think subsequent AFL Cairns teams (Bulldogs, Lions or Crocs) did their due diligence.

The guy can play footy but for heaven's sake, contact 1+ of his previous clubs if you're interested in him.

Tamba - he hadn't played for Saints either though I'm reliably informed that he has spoken to both them and Hawks in the past too.
Surprises me too. Don't think clubs do enough background checking with most players to be honest.
Chris Adams has walked out on Railways in Kalgoorlie after playing less than half a season and winning a premiership with them. Has now gone to Kalgoorlie City Kangas as a playing Assistant Coach.
Railways are filthy with him and fact the bloke will be featured on their wall in their latest premiership photo.
But he's done Railways a favour and it'll be interesting to see how long he lasts before burning Kangas!!
I know one thing, there's no way we'll have him at Mines Rovers.

Heard he is also taking young Bridge, would not be surprised to see Koch go as well, as he & bridge are good mates & had planned on going down Vic way next year together.

I heard that Koch has signed up at the Box Hill Hawks.

I heard that Koch has signed up at the Box Hill Hawks.

Obviously the Cairns rumour mill is working well. I heard a few weeks ago that Koch was going to Box Hill Hawks. I also heard last week that AFL Cairns has finally appointed a new Umpires Manager. I'll be interested to see how he goes and coming from the player ranks he should do a good job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back