Not open for further replies.

FootyGeek

Premiership Player
Feb 6, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-calls-essendon-sponsor-20130502-2ivz2.html

AD has called KIA, a sponsor of Essendon to give his support on behalf of the AFL for the Essendon football club.

That is his right.

It is also the right of everyone else to contact Kia and give their opinion.

So, whether you are an Essendon supporter, or not, feel free to exercise your right to express yourself and if you feel passionate enough contact Kia, just like AD did, and let them know what you think.

So, whether you are an Essendon supporter, or not, feel free to exercise your right to express yourself and if you feel passionate enough contact Kia, just like AD did, and let them know what you think.

Very good idea. Sponsors like Kia deserve praise for not agitating, reacting or jumping in any way from their agreement because of unproven allegations and negative press coverage.

AD's primary objective is to save the code best he can..Dank was at Melbourne too was he not?

• Banned
Can someone point me to the articles that stated when AD called the sponsors of other teams when they were in a controversial situation in recent years?

I'm sure St Kilda, Adelaide and Melbourne were all afforded the full sponsorship gee-up, free of charge of course, from the AFL CEO, that Essendon has enjoyed.

I guess that's the responsible thing to do from an AFL standpoint. At least until the ASADA findings are handed down...

Exactly, sponsors must be reassured that the AFL will be doing what they always do in these situations - looking for every legal technicality and red herring available to limit the damage to brands including their own

Can someone point me to the articles that stated when AD called the sponsors of other teams when they were in a controversial situation in recent years?

I'm sure St Kilda, Adelaide and Melbourne were all afforded the full sponsorship gee-up, free of charge of course, from the AFL CEO, that Essendon has enjoyed.
Something, something, Spotless, something, something, Ron Evans.

agro

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/demetriou-calls-essendon-sponsor-20130502-2ivz2.html

AD has called KIA, a sponsor of Essendon to give his support on behalf of the AFL for the Essendon football club.

That is his right.

AD has gone in to bat for us twice now. The writing's on the wall fellas.

Don't forget to make those calls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got to be extremely worrying for the Bombers, this means Vlad is concerned about their ability to survive this and trying to sure up sponsorship. Things must be worse than anyone could have imagined.

Got to be extremely worrying for the Bombers, this means Vlad is concerned about their ability to survive this and trying to sure up sponsorship. Things must be worse than anyone could have imagined.

I wouldn't worry too much, I hear CSL are looking to sponsor someone.

(Couldn't resist)

I'm sure the Bombers could secure a pharmaceutical company or two as replacement sponsors.

That is his right.

stay_classy.jpg

AFL should stay out of club sponsorship agreements. AD interferred with Hawthorns latest deal with Tourism Tasmania, trying to get them to jump ship!

What if Essendon are found guilty of all or most charges?

KIA are pumping heaps of cash into sports sponsorships worldwide. If they weren't sponsoring Essendon, they'd be sponsoring another AFL club. If Essendon go pear shaped, KIA might pull out of AFL sponsorship altogether rather than sponsoring another club given that the AFL are telling them everything is fine, not just Essendon.

Creating bad blood with good corporate sponsors is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back