Not open for further replies.

Mahlepi

Cancelled
Mar 16, 2015
danger zone
AFL Club
Geelong
The jumper clash

Eddie the handshake agreement man wanted the cats to wear the away strip as the host team.

THE AFL CAME OUT TODAY and said the next time we play we might be asked to wear our away strip. GUESS WHAT AFL

TELL THE MAGPIES TO GET A PROPER AWAY STRIP.

FOR F sake this needs to fair and equitable. The AFL is seriously demented.

It still staggers me that for some reason Collingwood are treated unlike any other club regarding having an away strip. Look at the Tigers who had to win their first flag in decades wearing the reverse yellow and black. The hubris of Eddie and the AFL to suggest that we should wreaths away strip at a home final on Collingwood’s home ground on a Friday night is mind-boggling!
And while I’m fuming, explain to me how we are not playing WC next week at GMHBA? It can’t be about the numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s the easiest concept in the world. Each club nominates a home jumper/shorts, every other club is responsible for ensuring they are able to avoid a clash with the hone kit of all other clubs.
But, unsurprisingly, this is beyond the AFL to implement.

The jumper clash

Eddie the handshake agreement man wanted the cats to wear the away strip as the host team.

THE AFL CAME OUT TODAY and said the next time we play we might be asked to wear our away strip. GUESS WHAT AFL

TELL THE MAGPIES TO GET A PROPER AWAY STRIP.

FOR F sake this needs to fair and equitable. The AFL is seriously demented.
Agree 100% Why would the ‘home’ team be the one forced to wear an away strip? Is the AFL scared of Eddie?

Why is this an issue now? Never was in the past

The issue is that he has power and a platform, he's the loudest voice and has lots of chances to say his views.. He's not an idiot though, he knows this.. He'll never step down as Pies president as he knows he has power and influence that no other president has.. It's on the AFL to stand up to him but they won't. They only want the $$$$ the pies bring them in

Last edited by a moderator:
It still staggers me that for some reason Collingwood are treated unlike any other club regarding having an away strip. Look at the Tigers who had to win their first flag in decades wearing the reverse yellow and black. The hubris of Eddie and the AFL to suggest that we should wreaths away strip at a home final on Collingwood’s home ground on a Friday night is mind-boggling!
And while I’m fuming, explain to me how we are not playing WC next week at GMHBA? It can’t be about the numbers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AFL think it'll be an 80k crowd.

Couldn't even get 60k in the 11' prelim.

This code is a farce.

It is a complete farce your team was supposed to compromise its playing strip because Collingwood has exempted itself from the rules. Happy to ensure my boys wear their away strip this week - but at the MCG in front of a big crowd

It is a complete farce your team was supposed to compromise its playing strip because Collingwood has exempted itself from the rules. Happy to ensure my boys wear their away strip this week - but at the MCG in front of a big crowd
cool, then you would have been happy playing the bombers at g
hypocrite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The news is reporting that Geelong usually wears white shorts against Pies regardless of home or away, but decided it will wear navy on this occasion.

At least it'll be a neutral venue

The news is reporting that Geelong usually wears white shorts against Pies regardless of home or away, but decided it will wear navy on this occasion.
Because Collingwood have the power and influence to force us to play in an away strip in our "home" games against them at their home ground. Then when you bring it up the media won't shut up about how unreasonable you are. It's not crowd numbers or logistics, we just don't bring in enough money to be listened to

Last edited:
It’s the easiest concept in the world. Each club nominates a home jumper/shorts, every other club is responsible for ensuring they are able to avoid a clash with the hone kit of all other clubs.
But, unsurprisingly, this is beyond the AFL to implement.

I know it’s simple

By Eddies logic pies should always wear white top and white shorts vs Carlton in all navy?

They even managed to avoid the white strip in last years GF

Same reason you're not playing at Ballarat or Launceston. It's a small regional venue and not suitable for hosting major events such as AFL Finals.
This logic that Kardinia Park with a capacity of 36,000 people is too small to be suitable for AFL finals but Giants Stadium with a capacity of 24,000 is not too small to be suitable for AFL finals is really quite strange.

This logic that Kardinia Park with a capacity of 36,000 people is too small to be suitable for AFL finals but Giants Stadium with a capacity of 24,000 is not too small to be suitable for AFL finals is really quite strange.
Supply and demand. Giants Stadium didn't sell out today so why play it at a larger stadium? It's a lot different to Victoria where you'd be preventing 30-50k fans from attending.

Supply and demand. Giants Stadium didn't sell out today so why play it at a larger stadium? It's a lot different to Victoria where you'd be preventing 30-50k fans from attending.
Would the Bulldogs vs GWS have attracted a bigger crowd if it was played at the MCG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back