Afl canberra - 2012

southcab

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2008
yass
AFL Club
Carlton
Next question 13 teams now in div 3 ,18 rounds so you dont play each other twice will it still be top 4 play finals ? I wonder how many 1 team clubs will go to the Bay ?

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Next question 13 teams now in div 3 ,18 rounds so you dont play each other twice will it still be top 4 play finals ? I wonder how many 1 team clubs will go to the Bay ?

What is the difference between Cootamundra and Batemans Bay as far as distance goes ... i guess the Clyde is a big difference.

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
Big trip from say Coota to the bay or Yass to the bay especially if the game starts at 12 !!!!

Fair enough, probably did not make myself clear, i meant to say ... if you are driving from Canberra, where the bulk of the teams are, is Cootamundra a much shorter drive than BB is.

Make the team too far away from each other, and guys will start pulling the pin.

There are quite a few leagues around Coota that they could play in, Farrer, Central West (Young is in it),
whereas BB are way to strong ATM for the Sapphire league and the South coast League.

That is a huge road trip though from Coota to BB

Maddaog

Rookie
Jun 19, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fair enough, probably did not make myself clear, i meant to say ... if you are driving from Canberra, where the bulk of the teams are, is Cootamundra a much shorter drive than BB is.

Make the team too far away from each other, and guys will start pulling the pin.

There are quite a few leagues around Coota that they could play in, Farrer, Central West (Young is in it),
whereas BB are way to strong ATM for the Sapphire league and the South coast League.

That is a huge road trip though from Coota to BB

The bay have lost the last 3 flags how can you say there too strong !!!! But it will be interesting to see how they go in Canberra as the 2's up here is a good strong comp. And will the bay keep all there players ??

southcab

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2008
yass
AFL Club
Carlton
The bay have lost the last 3 flags how can you say there too strong !!!! But it will be interesting to see how they go in Canberra as the 2's up here is a good strong comp. And will the bay keep all there players ??
It will be interesting to see how they go,As for losing players our Bay conection will be leaving us to play with the Bay. I bet Bermi and Tahra are grinnig at the moment:p

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo

Last three flags .... did not know that, every time i look at the BB local rag on the net, they are thumping everyone by a couple of hundred points.

They will be a bit of a loss for the sapphire league, Narooma is back to just reserves, hope they can come back to the ones again.

southcab

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2008
yass
AFL Club
Carlton
What happens to Harman now that the Bay have aligned to Qbn,Will players still go to the hoggs or will they play for the bay ?Interesting article in the Bay post re the move to canberra ,They are now hoping that players from other coastel clubs will sign with them so they get the opportunity to play at canberra level.They also hoping to finish mid feild in there first year,I supspect that they will do a little better than that.Anyway good luck to them.The bay communty see it as a positive that traveling teams will spend the entire weekend there.As a shop owner in Batemans Bay i dont share there enthusiasm ,but who knows.

What happens to Harman now that the Bay have aligned to Qbn,Will players still go to the hoggs or will they play for the bay ?Interesting article in the Bay post re the move to canberra ,They are now hoping that players from other coastel clubs will sign with them so they get the opportunity to play at canberra level.They also hoping to finish mid feild in there first year,I supspect that they will do a little better than that.Anyway good luck to them.The bay communty see it as a positive that traveling teams will spend the entire weekend there.As a shop owner in Batemans Bay i dont share there enthusiasm ,but who knows.

How much of an impact for tourism depends on the weather. I know I'm itching for the new fixture to come out to see when we'll be visiting the coast. Fingers crossed for very early or late in the season. Would love for a high 20's weekend Saturday game.

nov4

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Goulburn
AFL Club
Richmond
Batemans Bay will be a good trip for the boys, every team will want the early or late season match against them!

Goulburn starts training around Feb from all reports, Numbers are up with an injection of youth, will be good for the long term not too sure about this year though... Any teams into training?

I would assume ADFA, ANU and Jets will be strong this year.

CanBrah Hawks

Draftee
Nov 23, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Batemans Bay will be a good trip for the boys, every team will want the early or late season match against them!

Goulburn starts training around Feb from all reports, Numbers are up with an injection of youth, will be good for the long term not too sure about this year though... Any teams into training?

I would assume ADFA, ANU and Jets will be strong this year.

I heard ADFA were pushed up to Canberra Division 1?

Blues 4 life

Rookie
Aug 27, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
It will be interesting to see how they go,As for losing players our Bay conection will be leaving us to play with the Bay. I bet Bermi and Tahra are grinnig at the moment:p

I think with all the travel everyone has it would be fair to say maybe the Bay should of stayed in the Sapphire league and produced a 2nd club and this would help develop a lesser league? what do you think

southcab

Club Legend
Jul 3, 2008
yass
AFL Club
Carlton
Coota are offering handy players cash, are they going up a div? Or is this the norm?[/quote
Makes you wonder why Chanty left ,and there still looking for a coach.Paying 4th graders money is absolutely stupid.Why dont they go back to the farrah leauge if there willing to pay players cash ?
Yass roos start traing 6,30 teusday the 29/1/13 every one welcome :)

nov4

Cancelled
Aug 16, 2009
Goulburn
AFL Club
Richmond
200 bucks a game...! We start training soon get a better idea of who's playing again, a lot of rumours but we will see by mid feb. they might all go to Coota... ;)

fabulousphil

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 29, 2001
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
freo
@ southcab, did Coota come from the Farrer league ?, i guess they would have to come up with 2 senior teams and if possible a under 18 team, considering there is a RL team, a RU team and a soccer team in Coota, it would be pretty hard work.

Do they run with 2 senior teams or just the one ?.

Back