afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Draws are up on the website, so assume they're official now.

2 ten team comps with 18 game season of full home and away is a good result.

Draws are up on the website, so assume they're official now.

2 ten team comps with 18 game season of full home and away is a good result.

Interesting draw too ,I see Yass are playing there round 10 game against ADFA in YASS on 14 th then round 1 against ADFA at RMC OVAL om the 21 st april .

Anybody game enough to post pre-season predictions for the year?

Obviously hard to tell this time of year but I think Cooma will be tough to beat. Showed promising signs last year and look to have everyone on board again.
Expect ANU to be up there as usual. Yass to slide with a few losses after the premiership. Goulburn an unknown as are ADFA until we see the quality of their ins. Hard to gauge Ainslie until you see what their top grades do. Woden should improve again. Should be an exciting year.
My top 5. Is it a top 5 finals series this year?
Cooma
ANU
Goulburn
Woden
Ainslie

With zero confidence

Agree with drop punt on hard to tell without a ball kicked in anger yet!! none the less I've always had an opinion lol
Threes
Woden
Ainslie
Bay
Anu
jugs

Fours
Yass
Anu
Adfa
Cooma
Ainslie

We only had 11 or 12 guys play at Yass due to a few reasons, ANU helped out with some numbers. Have about 28 players on the books so hopefully as little bit more settled than last year, without knowing much I will go with ANU in both grades and Cooma look to have strengthened their side too. Can't wait for next week! New changerooms hopefully completed early next week and a grant approved for irrigation this week.

I'll have a crack at a ladder:
3s:
Ainslie
ANU
Woden
ADFA
Cootamundra
Batemans Bay
Eastlake
Molonglo
Googong
Belconnen

4s:
ANU
Yass
Woden
ADFA
Ainslie
Southern Cats
Goulburn
Batemans Bay
Googong
Molonglo

2s:
Ainslie
Comps a bust...so rest is irrelevent

1s:
Ainslie
Same as Div 2...yawn...the rest of the teams are in place so Ainslie have someone to beat every week (sadly).

You're a little more bullish about Ainslie in the 3s than I am, that's a big rise up the ladder from last year for us. I'd take the praccy match against ANU with a grain of salt. I wasn't there, but from all reports both teams weren't exactly fielding likely best 22s come round 1. As usual it will take a few rounds for the dust to settle and for us to get a feel for where the teams are at.

Also, interesting comments about the 1st grade comp. Belco were minor premiers (13wins) last year and comfortably beat Ainslie (11wins) in the 1st week of finals, before getting done in the big dance. And both Queanbeyan & Eastlake (9wins each) knocked off Ainslie during the season, while Queanbeyan also beat Belco. There's a big drop off back to Tuggies & Gunners, but hopefully the top 4 in the 1s are highly competitive all season again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adfa x 9 points over coota , Yass x 67 over adfa

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yass are looking pretty good again. Noticed on the clearance page they have 3 leaving and 9 new players cleared in including a few more ex Belconnen guys. Have any retired from the premiership side? Will be hard to beat if they have retained most of their list.

Yass are looking pretty good again. Noticed on the clearance page they have 3 leaving and 9 new players cleared in including a few more ex Belconnen guys. Have any retired from the premiership side? Will be hard to beat if they have retained most of their list.

Agreed, keeping ADFA goalless is impressive.

How are teams shaping up? The swans will have to leave a couple out, a problem we haven’t had for a couple of seasons!

Goodluck to all today. I’m headed to the Belconnen v Ainslie derby at Kippax. Always a great battle and should be interesting round 1.

Looking forward to seeing what happens amongst the 3s and 4s aswell today. Will we see teams surprise us or we will see what we expect. Good luck to all!

Goodluck to all today. I’m headed to the Belconnen v Ainslie derby at Kippax. Always a great battle and should be interesting round 1.

Looking forward to seeing what happens amongst the 3s and 4s aswell today. Will we see teams surprise us or we will see what we expect. Good luck to all!

Go pies. Smash ainslie!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back