afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s good. What was the game like? Only seen scores representing both sides but have heard they should be better.

Wasn’t too bad , the ground got dewy quick and hence ball became like soap , some very good passages of play !! But ordinary kicking especially after running into goal and still kicking behinds ,

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cooma v Woden should be a great game. Hoping i can get down to watch it should be the match of the round. Ainslie v Juggs should be a good game as well both have a chance to get their win of the season.

Fantastic work by the pies to register their first win. Wish i was the ANU v ADFA game in the 3's

Cooma v Woden should be a great game. Hoping i can get down to watch it should be the match of the round. Ainslie v Juggs should be a good game as well both have a chance to get their win of the season.

Fantastic work by the pies to register their first win. Wish i was the ANU v ADFA game in the 3's

Looking at that pies side, it’s good to see them have access to the 2s finally. Looks like they had a few this round. Depending if that continues, can they swing there season around?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is tough. I wonder if they would be more competitive if the Tuggeranong or Jets didn't have a points cap. I think it would definitely help them avoid the 10 or 20 goal beating they seem to cop every week. I don't know alot about the points rating but some extra help in that department would go a long way in helping the 2 bottom teams.

That is tough. I wonder if they would be more competitive if the Tuggeranong or Jets didn't have a points cap. I think it would definitely help them avoid the 10 or 20 goal beating they seem to cop every week. I don't know alot about the points rating but some extra help in that department would go a long way in helping the 2 bottom teams.

Not sure either club has the money to be bringing in recruits who would push the points cap out.

What's the go with Ainslie having a 34 point limit but the other sides get 36 or 40? Parity measure after back to back flags?

I thought the hawks/jets may have been struggling due to the players being allocated a higher score than they deserved. If no one is hitting their allocation of points then what is the point in having the cap at all?

I thought the hawks/jets may have been struggling due to the players being allocated a higher score than they deserved. If no one is hitting their allocation of points then what is the point in having the cap at all?

Probably to encourage junior development across the region and prevent the clubs with money getting into an "arms race", so to speak.

I think I said it in the 2017 version of this thread, but having "The big 4" Canberra 1st grade sides form an 8-10 team comp with the better Sydney 1st grade sides might be the way forward. Drop Gungahlin/Tuggeranong to 2s/3s, push up ANU/Woden to 2s/3s. How that looks in terms of a "Match day experience" is probably not quite what the league is after though.

Intra-competition players cost 3 points so I reckon a lot of the thinking behind it is to stop bigger clubs poaching juniors (18-21 yr old) from Gungahlin and Tuggeranong with promises of not getting pumped every week. The only way the two clubs are going to improve is by developing from within which is pretty hard to do if you lose 4 or 5 promising kids every year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back