afl canberra 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the issue with Belconnen and Eastlake that their teams are short on numbers or that they do not have the quality of players to compete in the 3rd grade comp?

Little of Column A, little of Column B from what I've seen. A handful of players at the standard, but a number who aren't. Plus struggling for numbers, so the lesser players have to take match responsibility they aren't ready/able to do

Little of Column A, little of Column B from what I've seen. A handful of players at the standard, but a number who aren't. Plus struggling for numbers, so the lesser players have to take match responsibility they aren't ready/able to do
Due to the numbers issue surely if they had an alignment with a single team club they could ask for extra number if they had some spare? I noticed that the cats only took 18 down to the bay wonder why they didn't ask QBN for some spare players seeing as they are looking at putting in another team?

Every game coming up this week looks to be good. Depending on how bad the cats are travelling they could end up losing 4 straight.

Goulburn at home against the roos will be good. Probably the game of the round.
Woden v ANU will changes things in the top 6 if ANU get up.

I think that’s why Belco and eastlakes will want to stay in 3’s so it’s easier to transition players between the grades both with skill level and with AFL Canberra

Good in theory mate , problem is though players aren’t coming down in grade to help out . Until recently Belconnen were resting the twos not playing that grade instead of sending them to play threes . And as for Eastlake they simply don’t have the numbers . Keep in mind though this is Eastlake first venture back into the division after a short absence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good in theory mate , problem is though players aren’t coming down in grade to help out . Until recently Belconnen were resting the twos not playing that grade instead of sending them to play threes . And as for Eastlake they simply don’t have the numbers . Keep in mind though this is Eastlake first venture back into the division after a short absence.

What do these blokes at Belco think about not playing? Very strange. Is that orders from the 1s coach or what? Surely you'd want the blokes missing out on 2s, who are likely fringe players anyway, getting as much game time as possible in order to potentially develop into a contributor in 2s?

What do these blokes at Belco think about not playing? Very strange. Is that orders from the 1s coach or what? Surely you'd want the blokes missing out on 2s, who are likely fringe players anyway, getting as much game time as possible in order to potentially develop into a contributor in 2s?

Happy to be corrected ! but I believe until recently the decision to rest players at Belconnen came from coaches , the threes were however giving access to rising stars . Hopefully there’s a Belconnen reader on here that could tell us more .

Happy to be corrected ! but I believe until recently the decision to rest players at Belconnen came from coaches , the threes were however giving access to rising stars . Hopefully there’s a Belconnen reader on here that could tell us more .

I have seen that Belconnen side and they seem to have a few players there that are higher standard players but have a lot of players that can’t hold there own in 3s which means those higher standard players are taking more players then there own. Then I have seen as southcab said that they do have rising stars playing for them which is a big ride for them. Probably tougher then player 2s for the younger smaller bodies. As southcab said, would love to hear from a Belconnen reader into what’s going on as it would be sad to see them go completely in the lower grades. If they do go, country teams get your pens out cause they have a few quality players in a bad side that could be very handy to a decent side.

All interesting to read as an ex maggy. Back when I was there in the early 2000s we covered 4 sides and some handy leftovers at time!

I’ve always wondered if perhaps the ‘big’ actafl clubs stick to ones twos and 19s and left the cd grades to country sides, the unis and smaller local clubs?

Just food for thought. Bring back the old monaro league, Kingston wolves, west Canberra Maggies etc

Every game coming up this week looks to be good. Depending on how bad the cats are travelling they could end up losing 4 straight.

Goulburn at home against the roos will be good. Probably the game of the round.
Woden v ANU will changes things in the top 6 if ANU get up.
Goulburn 40 odd
Yass 10 at halftime

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Few good games coming up this weekend in the 4's.

Goulburn v Woden the game of the round
Googong v ANU should be interesting. Googong have been playing well this year.

Tips - Cats, Goulburn, Googong, ADFA, Yass.

Tuggies forfeiting in the 2's

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Wow.... they must be struggling really bad. I wonder if they will get help from AFL Canberra similar to Jets i.e Demons excess players.
Is there potential that they could fold?

You would think that something would need to be done. I don't think folding would happen, there is no one else to fill the void but tuggeranong is definitely not a first or second grade side at the moment, and won't be for a few years.

They need to drop down a few grades and rebuild. They can't rebuild in its current state, no one wants to play and get spanked each week by 150-200 points.

You would think that something would need to be done. I don't think folding would happen, there is no one else to fill the void but tuggeranong is definitely not a first or second grade side at the moment, and won't be for a few years.

They need to drop down a few grades and rebuild. They can't rebuild in its current state, no one wants to play and get spanked each week by 150-200 points.

Can the Hawks somehow link with Vikings Group? Doesn't seem to be an obvious solution down there atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back