AFL Canberra 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

With it being cancelled and having cases you'd almost think that the bay won't be in the comp this year

Were they cancelled? From the Bay's facebook and from the sportingpulse it looks like it's been given as an ANU forfeit, bit tough on them.

Were they cancelled? From the Bay's facebook and from the sportingpulse it looks like it's been given as an ANU forfeit, bit tough on them.

My understanding is that ANU made the call not to travel down because the league ovals on the other side of the change rooms (not the AFL one) were set up as the pop-up COVID testing facility. The game wasn't cancelled by AFL Canberra, it was ANU's decision. Therefore forfeit. No idea whether ANU will challenge that down the track, but can understand why they weren't keen to play there.

Batemans bay with a covid forfeit to murrumbateman this Saturday. I feel for the bay . You have to wonder if they will get the chance to play this year at all .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are made to forfeit the remainder of the season. The potential risk to the players and the community would be the reasoning behind that.

Where have the Goulburn players ended up after they were unable to get a team together? There would have been some handy pick ups.

Its nice to see Tuggeranong sitting top of the table in the 1's and 2's. I wonder how long it has been since that happened.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they are made to forfeit the remainder of the season. The potential risk to the players and the community would be the reasoning behind that.

Where have the Goulburn players ended up after they were unable to get a team together? There would have been some handy pick ups.

Its nice to see Tuggeranong sitting top of the table in the 1's and 2's. I wonder how long it has been since that happened.

Tuggeranong were dirty in the Div 2 match against Gungahlin. I got deliberately whacked in the eye socket by an elbow. I had double vision for a few minutes, but that didn't stop me playing and I have handed possession of the ball after the whack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As sad as it is, can't see how they can continue in the competition. By the end of this week each team will have played 2-3 games. They've got a forfeit up their sleeve, but wouldn't have actually played a game.
Is the forfeit this weekend? or is it just cancelled?
It would be extremely hard now for them to continue
do you think any other team will say no to going down?

Is the forfeit this weekend? or is it just cancelled?
It would be extremely hard now for them to continue
do you think any other team will say no to going down?

I've been told it works like a wash out so we're going to have the conundrum of the league being sorted off win percentages this year it looks like, as not all sides will play the same number of games.

teams could only afford a couple of losses this year then,
Gonna be tough to make finals with early losses

I reckon Batemans bay will not want to hear it but AFL Canberra needs to make the call to rule them out of the 2020 season. Not fair to put that pressure on clubs or players. There are places of work that are requesting people who travel or com in contact with anyone from the bay to isolate for 14 days. It would also rule out the issues that could come up if they win 1 game and go straight to the top of the ladder due to the win % format they are going with.

I reckon Batemans bay will not want to hear it but AFL Canberra needs to make the call to rule them out of the 2020 season. Not fair to put that pressure on clubs or players. There are places of work that are requesting people who travel or com in contact with anyone from the bay to isolate for 14 days. It would also rule out the issues that could come up if they win 1 game and go straight to the top of the ladder due to the win % format they are going with.
Afl Canberra does need to make the call very soon, you're right its not fair to put that pressure on the players to be going down, especially when there's advise not to travel to the bay

Cant see any teams actually going down there

Stupid considering their was only one batemans bay local that actually caught the virus the rest were blow ins and their has not been a new case in three weeks

Stupid considering their was only one batemans bay local that actually caught the virus the rest were blow ins and their has not been a new case in three weeks
I agree but when work places in Canberra are making people quarantine for 2 weeks and get tested if they travel down to the bay I do not blame clubs for not making players travel down there.

The ladder after the first 4 rounds has ANU on top in the 4s, are they the team to beat or is it too early to tell?

A student at Bateman's Bay High has tested positive to Covid-19, the High School just posted on facebook.

A student at Bateman's Bay High has tested positive to Covid-19, the High School just posted on facebook.
Unfortunately for the bay, you have to think their season is now over. No one will go down.
Afl Canberra has to do something

hopefully we don’t see to many cases from this new one

Unfortunately for the bay, you have to think their season is now over. No one will go down.
Afl Canberra has to do something

hopefully we don’t see to many cases from this new one

The league won’t be withdrawing the Seahawks from this years comp . Questions were asked at last night at Afl Canberra’s mid season meeting . If the league would be happy to see three bay teams win titles by forfeit . The seahawks article in yesterday’s bay post and Canberra times has them quoted as saying they will finish top two on the back of forfeits 🤷‍♂️ I feel for Seahawks club .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back