AFL Canberra 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember where I was when I heard Plugger was going from the Saints to the Swans (the pub), i remember where I was when I found out that Buddy was leaving the Hawks (the pub), and today guess where I was when I saw a clearance form saying that Tim Robb is off to Batemans Bay. All credit to him for chipping in and helping the cause down the coast, but I suspect Murrembateman will be filthy? Thoughts and comments?
I was at the pub for those playing at home.

Yeah I am guessing Murrumbateman will be very filthy... All depending on the result I guess.
But might not work out too bad, there are some very handy Seahawks that play down in 4s and back up in 3s when they are short. With a few extras they won't need to do that and may even weaken their 4s potentially.
Good work to those blokes ensuring there isn't a forfeit in round 1.

what's everyone's early tips for finals? 3rd grade I'm going anu, bay, adfa and hogs. 4s I'm going cats, yass, anu and murrumbateman.

what is doing with ainslie? the tri-colours (or shy-colours the way they played) lost by over 200 points. should they look at parachuting in Chris Rourke to try and turn it around?

what is doing with ainslie? the tri-colours (or shy-colours the way they played) lost by over 200 points. should they look at parachuting in Chris Rourke to try and turn it around?

Think a number of Senior players in the higher grades headed out to the Riverina and Farrer, pushes blokes up the grades, Yass has also done well with recruitment in getting blokes like Drew Alsford, Darcy Paine, the Johns boys across etc.

When we played Ainslie earlier in the year they already had a number of injuries and were getting some top ups from ANU.

Looking at the broader picture going forward for this season in fourth grade I know ANU has a lot of players available to pick from each week, but having played with a lot of those blokes out at Yass they're a massive chance at breaking that undefeated run down the track, especially if you get guys like Vaughan Winnell back playing.

But it only takes a few injuries at these one team clubs to really impact a season, where ANU isn't impacted as much by that, Ainslie will bounce back in time, there is still good people involved that want to continue forward with the good work that Plug and BK did before leaving.

Looks like most teams are struggling to fill a fourth grade side at the moment... Are these injuries or just not enough players around anymore?

Do Gungahlin not have an 18s team? That's got to be a massive concern for the league.

Yeah, they dropped out of the 18s this year. Not great numbers and most of them were bottom-agers.

At this stage they think they'll be right for Rising Stars again next year, but it absolutely must be a worry. How many of the boys who went to other clubs for Rising Stars this year (instead of 17s or getting belted in ressies) will actually come back to them next year?

Massive injury list. Just in the 3s and 4s I think both teams failed to have a fit player on the bench in 3 of the first 4 rounds. Never seen the likes of it all so concentrated in one patch. Think between injuries and unavailability the squad had 23 unavailable for selection against ANU. Combine that with some higher grade injuries meaning no players are being squeezed out of ressies into the 3s and you get a real struggle for numbers in the 4s.

Numbers will bounce back injury wise hopefully, but there's definitely a reasonable gap in both community grades between the top sides and the rest, even when fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, they dropped out of the 18s this year. Not great numbers and most of them were bottom-agers.

At this stage they think they'll be right for Rising Stars again next year, but it absolutely must be a worry. How many of the boys who went to other clubs for Rising Stars this year (instead of 17s or getting belted in ressies) will actually come back to them next year?
Looked like there were only 17 playing twos on the weekend as well. How do you go about turning that around?

Looked like there were only 17 playing twos on the weekend as well. How do you go about turning that around?
Surely Afl Canberra will have to do something at the end of the year,
can't have a div 2 team scoring 3 points in 4 games,
would almost be impossible to keep players, definitely feel for gungahlin

How did the couple of ex premiership players go filling in for Ainslie on the weekend smurftown?

Was great to see them out there again mate, the old boys loved it and they gave a lot of confidence to the players around them, especially when Heater ragdolled someone in the first few minutes 😂 made the game a lot more competitive than it otherwise would have been, even if it was still a comfy win for ANU in the end.

Think Heater is available again this weekend, so it's a bit worrying to hear that Goulburn are in doubt of fielding a side...boys have had a hard year and are looking forward to a more even contest for a change.

Why is that?

On the ACT Health website:

NSW - NSW Health has identified COVID-19 exposure locations in Jervis Bay, Goulburn, Hyams Beach and Vincentia. If you have been to one of these locations at the times and places listed on the COVID-19 areas of concern page, contact ACT Health on (02) 5124 6209 and immediately quarantine.

If I was a Ainslie player I'd wanna know if I was playing against someone that's been at a exposure site. :rolleyes:

On the ACT Health website:

NSW - NSW Health has identified COVID-19 exposure locations in Jervis Bay, Goulburn, Hyams Beach and Vincentia. If you have been to one of these locations at the times and places listed on the COVID-19 areas of concern page, contact ACT Health on (02) 5124 6209 and immediately quarantine.

If I was a Ainslie player I'd wanna know if I was playing against someone that's been at a exposure site. :rolleyes:
Surely AFL canberra will make an official call on this and delay it?

Wodonga Raiders in the strong Ovens & Murray League are searching for a new coach for season 2022 and beyond. The Raiders have managed to play finals every season since 2015 and are currently sitting in 5th position again 2 games clear inside the top 5. The 3rds are in 3rd position and the Raiders have the biggest amount of teams participating in the Albury Wodonga Junior Football League with 2 sides in each age group.
Healthy remuneration and relocation assistance will be offered and job opportunities will be provided for the successful applicant and partner if required.
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity please call Stephen on 0439 464 353

Remove this Banner Ad

Back