AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Gungahlin Jets requires;

Coaches; for Div 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2, 3 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

Gungahlin Jets requires;

Coaches; for Div 3 & 4 for seasons 2012 – 13 (Option)

Players; for Div 2, 3 – 4, U18s & Women Teams

Remuneration – negotiable on experience and qualifications

Contacts: Joe Cortese 0414 512 769 or Travis Scholfield 0408 534591

gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

Close: 30 September 2011

Only a day to go, how are applications looking?

When will you announce the coaches for Div 2, U18 & women? Are you going to wait until all teams have coaches?

Happy to say that Daniel Smith won the roos b/f for the first time after being runner up on two ocassions. Gives 110 percent at all times and is a ver worthy winner indeed.
Any news on retierments ? new coaches ?

Yass Roo,s seeking coach,

The yass Roo,s are looking for an experienced coach to take us through 2012 and beyond.Remuneration is negotiable .It would be appreciated if any interested person could contact club president Gerrin Kerrin on 0402081475 or via the clubs web site .Applications are being recieved untill the 30 /11/11.

Anybody know how Steve chant from the cootamundra blues went as the act/ nsw represenative at the recent army weekend with Glenn Archer ?

Can I get a gig at the lues

8 tropys for 24 players - 1 in 3 chance - woo hoo - celebrate success

Thanks to all those who attended Presentation Night.

A big thanks to Wayne Harmer who set up the room despite being extremely crook, Alicia who put together an excellent Powerpoint Presentation - with funky music and all, and Vis who took over being the karaoke master and did a great job on no notice.

Congratulations to the award winners

B&F - Chris Karchinsky
Runner Up - Ashley Carter
Players Player - Ashley Carter
Most Consistant - Tim Steen
Clubman - Mick Guy
Leading Goalkicker - Josh Campbell
Best First Year Player - Corey Cutmore
Rookie of the Year - Gerry Lind
Supporters Award - Paul Maher

Can I get a gig at the lues

8 tropys for 24 players - 1 in 3 chance - woo hoo - celebrate success

Thanks to all those who attended Presentation Night.

A big thanks to Wayne Harmer who set up the room despite being extremely crook, Alicia who put together an excellent Powerpoint Presentation - with funky music and all, and Vis who took over being the karaoke master and did a great job on no notice.

Congratulations to the award winners

B&F - Chris Karchinsky
Runner Up - Ashley Carter
Players Player - Ashley Carter
Most Consistant - Tim Steen
Clubman - Mick Guy
Leading Goalkicker - Josh Campbell
Best First Year Player - Corey Cutmore
Rookie of the Year - Gerry Lind
Supporters Award - Paul Maher

Belco had their Preso night last night and, for those interested, the award winners were:

Div 1
B&F - Kris Archibald
Runner Up - Mark Braybrook
Players' Player - Mark Braybrook
Most Consistent - Tim Reardon
Most Improved - Sam Jessup
Coach's Trophy - Liam Kelly
Best Finals Player - Nick Burridge

Div 2
B&F - Andrew Knight
Runner Up - Bennett Foster
Players' Player - Andrew Knight
Most Consistent - Dean Cavuoto
Most Improved - Michael Daly
Coach's Trophy - Troy Levier

Former CHB Andrew McIntosh also got presented with Life Membership of the footy club and Lavo Braybrook got the award for services to Canberra Districts footy.

Pie25, when does your training start?

What about the other clubs?
Anyone in need of numbers?

Hey Snap Shot,

New players are always welcome.

I'm not entirely sure when training starts but it's usually towards the end of Jan/beginning of Feb. When I find out I will PM you.

Jets appoint head coach for 2012

The Gungahlin Jets Senior Committee has the pleasure of announcing Trent "Rowdy" Pellow as the Club's Division 2 coach for season 2012.

Trent brings a wealth of experience at all levels of football within the Canberra competition both as a player and coach. Since joining the Jets in 2001, he has played over 100 senior games for the club, including an integral part of the Division 3 Premiership sides in 2007-08.

In 2005 Trent made a move to the Ainslie Football Club where he played for 2 seasons. He was a member of the 2005 reserve grade premiership and then made his 1st grade debut in 2006 before returning to the Jets in 2007. He was also a part of the first Jets Division 2 side in 2010.

Joe Cortese (President of the Jets) says “We are really please to have Trent as the senior coach for 2012. His knowledge of Canberra footy and his close relationship with the Jets will help the Jets move the club forward for the future.”

Living in the Gungahlin area, Rowdy remains committed to growing football in the region through the development and expansion of the Gungahlin Jets as a force in the ACTAFL.

Gungahlin Jets would like to extended an open invitation to anyone wanting to play football in Canberra for the Jets in 2012 to feel free to contact the club via email @ gm@gungahlinjets.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jets Kick Off 2012 Season

Gungahlin Jets kicked off training for the 2012 season on Tuesday, numbers on track were very encouraging with the majority of players from 2011 returning and a number of new faces completing the session as well. Details of the pre-christmas training program can be found on www.gungahlinjets.com.au or for further information please contact Trent Pellow on 0417266727. You can also find the Jets on Facebook or follow us on twitter “@GungahlinJets"

So we have a new format div 3 is now div 2 and div 4 is now div 3,do we no why this is so ?

Im just guessing but would it be to cater for the neafl. putting them seperate because it is not just canberra teams, with sydney uni entering and others, leaving only 3 divisions left in afl canberra ?? or could it be that rusty and his crew have N.F.I ? both valid points :eek:

Im just guessing but would it be to cater for the neafl. putting them seperate because it is not just canberra teams, with sydney uni entering and others, leaving only 3 divisions left in afl canberra ?? or could it be that rusty and his crew have N.F.I ? both valid points :eek:
Thats a bit harsh ,But your wright the neafl as i understand it is under the control of the afl, and canberra run from what was reserve grade down.
I guess the site address will change to div 2 and 3 haha:D

Anybody seen a draft draw yet ? or no when its coming?Also have rmc and ainslie entered teams in what is now div3 the old div 4.
Good to see jezza having a crack at coaching belcos 3s.:thumbsu:

Anybody seen a draft draw yet ? or no when its coming?Also have rmc and ainslie entered teams in what is now div3 the old div 4.
Good to see jezza having a crack at coaching belcos 3s.:thumbsu:
Jez should be a good appointment for Belcos 3s. He's well respected by the players, so hopefully numbers will increase on the track and they can have a good season.
Have any other clubs appointed new coaches for next season?
Not previously being from around here I find it interesting how everything has gone completely cold in the off season. Not much talk at all going on on this board. I know I cant wait for next year so I can get back into it again.

RMC won't be entering a side and from all reports and what I saw when I went to a training session, Ainslie are getting some good numbers and will make a decision on the 4's in the coming days.

When are the other local clubs commencing pre-season? i would like to train with one or 2 other clubs =)

RMC won't be entering a side and from all reports and what I saw when I went to a training session, Ainslie are getting some good numbers and will make a decision on the 4's in the coming days.

When are the other local clubs commencing pre-season? i would like to train with one or 2 other clubs =)

Belconnen start on Tuesday the 10th of Jan at Giralang Oval from 6. We are training away from Kippax this year due to its re development and the fact we can't fit 6 teams there.

Just for the record Jacob Mennen is the coach of 3's and Jezz is taking on the 4's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back