AFL Canberra - Division 3 & 4 - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Belconnen start on Tuesday the 10th of Jan at Giralang Oval from 6. We are training away from Kippax this year due to its re development and the fact we can't fit 6 teams there.

Just for the record Jacob Mennen is the coach of 3's and Jezz is taking on the 4's.
Hey beans thanks for that, however just for the record there are no 4s .Jacob has the two,s and Jeremy has the 3s its a new format in the divisonal comp.:eek:

Hey beans thanks for that, however just for the record there are no 4s .Jacob has the two,s and Jeremy has the 3s its a new format in the divisonal comp.:eek:

Semantic Southcab :rolleyes:

I think you will find a lot of people will still refer to it in the old format because the new way is just stupid, in my opinion anyway. :cool:

Semantic Southcab :rolleyes:

I think you will find a lot of people will still refer to it in the old format because the new way is just stupid, in my opinion anyway. :cool:

I agree, we still have 4 open mens sides at Belconnen so it makes sense to use 1st to 4th grade.

I agree, we still have 4 open mens sides at Belconnen so it makes sense to use 1st to 4th grade.
It s because the neafl is a completely different competition, expanding yearly and been set up as a next tier down from afl. They have seperate sponsors and the afl have been working on this setup for about ten years.
Its not a canberra based competition anymore and the teams in it are seperated from the afl canberra. the grand final could be sydney university v east coast eagles, which are both from the sfl premier division. Im not sure if the finals are still to be held at manuka but this neafl competion now is a completely different competition in which a few afl canberra teams participate. This leaves 3 divisions in the afl canberra competition so it makes sense to call it div 1 div 2 and div 3 does it not. happy christmas everyone

It s because the neafl is a completely different competition, expanding yearly and been set up as a next tier down from afl. They have seperate sponsors and the afl have been working on this setup for about ten years.
Its not a canberra based competition anymore and the teams in it are seperated from the afl canberra. the grand final could be sydney university v east coast eagles, which are both from the sfl premier division. Im not sure if the finals are still to be held at manuka but this neafl competion now is a completely different competition in which a few afl canberra teams participate. This leaves 3 divisions in the afl canberra competition so it makes sense to call it div 1 div 2 and div 3 does it not. happy christmas everyone
I agree that it makes sense from the competitions point of view. But from a player/coaches point of view it doesn't make sense if you're club has a team in the neafl. Your first team is called your neafl team I guess, but then your reserves (2nd team) is called 1st grade or Div 1. That doesn't make sense.
I think it will be an interesting transition, and i have no doubt it will result in plenty of confusion during the season.

I agree that it makes sense from the competitions point of view. But from a player/coaches point of view it doesn't make sense if you're club has a team in the neafl. Your first team is called your neafl team I guess, but then your reserves (2nd team) is called 1st grade or Div 1. That doesn't make sense.
I think it will be an interesting transition, and i have no doubt it will result in plenty of confusion during the season.
have a look at the sfl . they have premier league and the next one down is sfl div 1. realistically its not going to affect anyone involved in afl canberra might just confuse outsiders

Givin that neafl players were cleared from actafl ,What happens when you get droped from neafl to 1st grade do you become a permit player ?How far down the grades can a neafl player play ?Merry Christmas footy fans:D

H ey snap shot were else are you training and why are you not playing for the jets again?

Decided on a change after moving back from Sydney.

Back in Canberra now, going to train with Belco, Ainslie & maybe Eastlake and ANU. Living sort of central to most of them and just want to see what the cultures are like etc before committing.... hell I might even have a crack at umpiring of some description if I don't play :D

Will the fact that tuggers are not feilding a fours side this year make there threes stronger ?
Will be interesting to see how Ainslie go with a div 4 side this year as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will the fact that tuggers are not feilding a fours side this year make there threes stronger ?
Will be interesting to see how Ainslie go with a div 4 side this year as well.

Will Ainslie stack there 4s side like Tuggeranong did to try and win a flag?
Then again Ainslie FC has won a flag so maybe they wont put so much effort into winnin a flag... ANY flag!

Will Ainslie stack there 4s side like Tuggeranong did to try and win a flag?
Then again Ainslie FC has won a flag so maybe they wont put so much effort into winnin a flag... ANY flag!

I think its funny that everyone keeps saying that Tuggers stacked the 4th's to win a flag. Most of the guys that played in the 4th's did so because they didnt want to train and wanted to turn up on a weekend to have a game. The coach got most of them to play as he had played with a majority of them in Juniors. Most of them didnt play footy in 2010 and only played in 2011 for a run around and will probably not play again in 2012.

As for making the 3rds stronger I dont think it will as said above most will probably not play again this year.

Last thing... With Tuggers not fielding a 4th's team in 2012, I think may come down to being able to afford it.

Belconnen's first training session was a great night. Over 50 players turned up, a fantastic effort. Plenty of new faces as well as a few old ones. Should be a very exciting season.

Trainings are held every Tuesday and Thursday at Giralang Oval starting at 6.00pm. Everyone is welcome to come along, new or old.

Hey, Im moving from Wagga to Canberra for Uni, at University of Canberra (UC). Does a particular club take UC students, or can any one let me know of clubs close to UC for training, I played all 22 1st grade games in 2011 for Mangoplah in the RFL.

Hey, Im moving from Wagga to Canberra for Uni, at University of Canberra (UC). Does a particular club take UC students, or can any one let me know of clubs close to UC for training, I played all 22 1st grade games in 2011 for Mangoplah in the RFL.

Hey CC,

There isn't a particular club that takes UC students anymore so you pretty much have your choice. Belconnen Magpies train at Giralang though which is only a few minutes from UC. If you're interested, we train on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6.

Apologies to other forum users for the spam but I couldn't seem to PM Cockatoo Collins for some reason. Anyway, I hope everyone's pre season is going well.

Hey CC, you are more than welcome out Queanbeyan Tigers way. We've had a great relationship with Mango over the years. Back in the 90s Brendan Roberson was our senior coach before returning to Mango. More recently guys like Trent Balding and Andrew Lieschke have played plenty of games with us before returning home to finish their careers. If you'd like more info check out our website at www.tigersclub.com.au/footballclub or send me a private message - yours doesn't seem to be working. I'm one of the assistant coaches at Queanbeyan (and the slowest runner in the NEAFL!!).
Cheers, Gois

hey guys the cooma cats have started training this year at 2 locations snowy oval in cooma and calwell oval in canberra 6:30pm tuesdays and thursdays anyone looking for a team is more than welcome to come along cheers

Hey guys,

New to canberra (from Melbourne) as of a couple of weeks ago for work and looking to find a club to have a run with..
Played senior footy in div3 and 4 of eastern footy league in melbs..
Dont know much about the comp up here, so thought you guys might be to help..

what are the levels of each div like?

I notice the bigger clubs, have div3 and div4 teams as well? how does this generally work? do the higher teams have much to do with the lower?

cheers

hi lemon lime welcome to canberra it helps if you post what part of canberra you are living in as there are teams based all over the act and you can find one thats close to

Excellent turn out for Yass roos training last night,good to have the boys back together,Roos train tuesdays and thursdays at joe oconner park 6.30 . always happy to see new guys around the club.:thumbsu:

Hey guys,

New to canberra (from Melbourne) as of a couple of weeks ago for work and looking to find a club to have a run with..
Played senior footy in div3 and 4 of eastern footy league in melbs..
Dont know much about the comp up here, so thought you guys might be to help..

what are the levels of each div like?

I notice the bigger clubs, have div3 and div4 teams as well? how does this generally work? do the higher teams have much to do with the lower?

cheers

Very interested in answers to this post. I similarly just moved from Melb to Canberra for work and used to play in divvy 3 in the EFL. Currently living in Reid so looking at Ainslie/Eastlakes at the moment. Anyone know when and where eastlakes are training? I read on the internet somewhere that Ainslie are training at Reid oval on Thursdays.

Very interested in answers to this post. I similarly just moved from Melb to Canberra for work and used to play in divvy 3 in the EFL. Currently living in Reid so looking at Ainslie/Eastlakes at the moment. Anyone know when and where eastlakes are training? I read on the internet somewhere that Ainslie are training at Reid oval on Thursdays.
C C, if i were you mate i would look at belconnen,they have teams in each division and are a very freindly club.All grounds are easy to get to in ACT so it matters little were you reside.Of course if you want to have a kick in the country and breath in the fresh air than yass is very accomadating ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back