AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

As

As far as i know it goes on win percentage of games played, so Ainslie are actually lucky this year having the extra game to win or they would be 3rd and Anu would be 2nd.

Wouldn't say it was an easy draw, and our 3's have been in the same boat as ANU before where they actually played one less game and it cost them the week off, don't know if it is an omen or not but they went on to win the flag beating Molonglo.

I am only saying what I was told mate. Southcab would have more idea.
Ill-informed or not, you better make sure when making comments like this about other clubs you get your facts straight.

If we win this week i hope we get to play you guys in finals as there's nothing better than an Ainslie vs Belconnen final ;)

Ill-informed or not, you better make sure when making comments like this about other clubs you get your facts straight.

If we win this week i hope we get to play you guys in finals as there's nothing better than an Ainslie vs Belconnen final ;)

Mate ill informed or not your team sheet on sportingpulse for that game has 27 names on it ;) can I ask the reasoning behind playing blokes like Elliott and Vineel on the weekend? Not much point if they aren't playing finals?

That would be a great game, but the only way that is happening is if you guys get through ANU and Yass if you beat Woden, and we beat one of ADFA and Cooma granted we get past Molonglo this weekend (yet to play them this year), all different teams finding some form at the moment, think any of the six can win it.

Mate ill informed or not your team sheet on sportingpulse for that game has 27 names on it ;) can I ask the reasoning behind playing blokes like Elliott and Vineel on the weekend? Not much point if they aren't playing finals?

That would be a great game, but the only way that is happening is if you guys get through ANU and Yass if you beat Woden, and we beat one of ADFA and Cooma granted we get past Molonglo this weekend (yet to play them this year), all different teams finding some form at the moment, think any of the six can win it.
Vinny and Elliott earnt the game on the weekend as it had been mostly injuries and player availability that have really hurt the club this year. As for the 27 people on the team sheet against yass last week. Not sure why the coach did that, the full 22 played. Didnt even know you could do that. The remaining 5 were just emergencies or injured players that at the moment would barely be 4th grade standard players any way.

Thanks to Coota for the game on the weekend, good bunch of lads. Took it right up to us for 3 quarters, have acquitted themselves very well in their first season in 3rd grade. Hopefully you guys can keep building on it next year. Also well done to Drummy, has given a lot to the Blues as player and coach. Hope the end of season drinks were enjoyed, certainly were well earned.

Wow, thats not a typo?? Congrats on your first win Googong!

View attachment 275539
Just realised Woden 3's have had 2 byes leading into the finals also a rained out game, that's not ideal. I would suggest a few guys might get a run in the 4's leading into finals for some match fitness. My GF prediction for everyone that doesn't care - Seahawks v Molonglo 3's and ANU V Yass in the 4ths.

Wow, thats not a typo?? Congrats on your first win Googong!

View attachment 275539

Good win, and all for them dropping a few blokes to help the 4s if it means they get a win and finish the year on a high, especially if ADFA couldn't bring their side to the proper game to start with. The club is building something in what will be thriving community in years to come.

Just realised Woden 3's have had 2 byes leading into the finals also a rained out game, that's not ideal. I would suggest a few guys might get a run in the 4's leading into finals for some match fitness. My GF prediction for everyone that doesn't care - Seahawks v Molonglo 3's and ANU V Yass in the 4ths.

I would've been more excited if you told me who was going to win each grade.

Nah you dont need to make suggestions like that ;)

Congrats to number 17 from Woden on winning the grand final today. Hope it doesn't take too long to clean the jizz out of his pants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to number 17 from Woden on winning the grand final today. Hope it doesn't take too long to clean the jizz out of his pants.
You're allowed to enjoy a win mate. Hopefully there is a belco div 5 for you to play next year

You're allowed to enjoy a win mate. Hopefully there is a belco div 5 for you to play next year

Its possible to enjoy a win without acting like a total flog, but you probably don't know the difference.

BTW they had a div 5 for a year, they created because your club won the 4s flag 2 years in a row but sooked it up when they tried to make you go up to 3s.

So you blokes will play Anu then , I'm assuming that the Ainslie rolled molonglo

10 goal win, lots of blokes away, Molonglo played with some spirit in a good contest. Thanks to Cowboy for umpiring on his own, an often thankless job.

Threes was a cracker with Jugs getting up by 3.

He did carry on a bit but that's life. We are brutally disappointed in that result today as it was identical to the yass game that we lost 2 weeks earlier. Good luck to the finalists, really any one can win it.

Well done to all teams who have made finals this season . And in particular well done to the four two team clubs that will participate in both grades . Anu, Ainslie , Adfa, Woden . Fair effort in what has been a very solid season . Best of luck to all .

Its possible to enjoy a win without acting like a total flog, but you probably don't know the difference.

BTW they had a div 5 for a year, they created because your club won the 4s flag 2 years in a row but sooked it up when they tried to make you go up to 3s.
Mmmm, salty salty tears. Yummy.

Hopefully the ANU lads can get out and mow the grass ahead of next week, looks like ANU South will be used.

How do teams in div 3 draw people to sign with them, Is it mainly just locals that play for the teams just outside canberra?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back