AFL Canberra Season 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Finals footy welcome back, what a day. Can't believe what I saw - credit to both winners and losers, some serious pride and passion in their respected clubs by all players. This is why I love this game!

Gees who ever was whinging about ANU being a s**t ground??... :sleeping:
That is a top deck! :thumbsu:
Great place to watch footy to
And it was free!!!
Stirling is a cow paddock by comparison. :flushed:
Did they have the DJ there this week? You d pay $5 entry just for that! :laughing:
Should be some cracker games this week
ANU double I reckon.

Gees who ever was whinging about ANU being a s**t ground??... :sleeping:
That is a top deck! :thumbsu:
Great place to watch footy to
And it was free!!!
Stirling is a cow paddock by comparison. :flushed:
Did they have the DJ there this week? You d pay $5 entry just for that! :laughing:
Should be some cracker games this week
ANU double I reckon.

Haha they couldn't even put the centre boumce circle in the middle of the ground for a final. Borderline embarrassing, didn't both ANU sides make the grannies last year? I am going the opposite Woden and Yass for mine, Woden have peaked at the right time, and Yass with all things considered will bring home that elusive premiership.

Good luck to all teams in the grand finals you deserve to be there, hoping there are some clash jerseys provided haha.

Haha they couldn't even put the centre boumce circle in the middle of the ground for a final. Borderline embarrassing, didn't both ANU sides make the grannies last year? I am going the opposite Woden and Yass for mine, Woden have peaked at the right time, and Yass with all things considered will bring home that elusive premiership.

Good luck to all teams in the grand finals you deserve to be there, hoping there are some clash jerseys provided haha.

How is making the grand final two years in a row embarrassing?

Centre circle used to be off centre at Manuka before they got the drop in pitch.

Some clubs don't have teh luxury of a purpose built ground like Ainslie but...
Still can't put in decent away rooms though. Money and privilege only extend so far huh?

Oh gees! Didn't think of the jumper clash! Away side has to go "skins"???

How is making the grand final two years in a row embarrassing?

Centre circle used to be off centre at Manuka before they got the drop in pitch.

Some clubs don't have teh luxury of a purpose built ground like Ainslie but...
Still can't put in decent away rooms though. Money and privilege only extend so far huh?

Oh gees! Didn't think of the jumper clash! Away side has to go "skins"???

Yeah but the wingers weren't half a metre from the ball up. Regardless ANU too good in both grades, we missed a lot of gettable chances, I didn't say making the grand final was embarrassing, just more where the centre circle was placed.

Surely you're having a laugh about Ainslie's away sheds... Bigger than the home ones!

ANU v Woden won't be as bad of a clash, Yass v ANU will be horrendous.

How can you say 1 grand final won't be that bad then 1 will be horrendous. Give credit where credit is due, fair dinkum I would hate to see the ratings for the game of your rabble sides made it Brent ford. Rich comments coming from a bloke from a rich club, bite the dust pal.

How can you say 1 grand final won't be that bad then 1 will be horrendous. Give credit where credit is due, fair dinkum I would hate to see the ratings for the game of your rabble sides made it Brent ford. Rich comments coming from a bloke from a rich club, bite the dust pal.

I think he's talkin about the jumper clash.

Will Yass wear white shorts? Would make a big difference. Or turn their jumpers inside out! :laughing:

I said ANU too good in both games, I am talking about the clash of jumpers in the 'big blues' which is the major cause for concern, both Grand Finals will be absolutely crackerjack. Reckon Vaughan Winnell and Michael Stevens will take home the B.O.G medals.

Ainslie FC - 40 pages of yap, zero grand finalists. 2016 has been a good year.

I feel as though the likelihood of an Ainslie 1s,2s,19s premiership along with a 3s and 4s prelim visit probably makes 2016 the year of Ainslie?
Whilst tough for the blokes who played its good for the league as a whole that Ainslie were beaten in the prelims of 3s and 4s and that there will be GFs this year without an Ainslie presence!
Good luck to everyone next week! Enjoy the Manuka experience if you've never had it before it's not too shabby!

Brent why did you say anu yass will be horrendous?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies Brent Ford, that you are correct. Someone needs to change socks or shorts or something...

Reckon Anu could be too good in both grades this week. Will be crackers but I just don't think Wodens fairytale can continue. Changed my prediction for 4s after Yass got beaten up by ADFA and held on right at the end. Looked like a few injuries too? Also think anu are hitting their prime.

Apologies Brent Ford, that you are correct. Someone needs to change socks or shorts or something...

Reckon Anu could be too good in both grades this week. Will be crackers but I just don't think Wodens fairytale can continue. Changed my prediction for 4s after Yass got beaten up by ADFA and held on right at the end. Looked like a few injuries too? Also think anu are hitting their prime.

All good mate. I think all clubs should be extremely proud of the standard of footy this year. 3rd and 4th grade is a much better standard than even 2 or 3 years ago.

Can't understand if some teams don't have white shorts, thought it was a requirement to have two pairs for a home and away look.

All good mate. I think all clubs should be extremely proud of the standard of footy this year. 3rd and 4th grade is a much better standard than even 2 or 3 years ago.

Can't understand if some teams don't have white shorts, thought it was a requirement to have two pairs for a home and away look.

Well I'd be asking Woden (3s) and Anu (4s) to find alternatives as they are away sides on the day. Think that should be fair?

There will be no jumper changes according to the league Uni don't have any other jumper strip and nor do Yass . The leagues opinion is its to late to change so teams will play in there normal strip .

What's everyone's thoughts on the finals structure? I find it a bit rough on Molongolo that they finish first, have one final, lose and are out. That's not taking anything away from Woden I just think it's a bit rough on the side who finishes first to only get one crack. Was interested in what others thought of the system as it's the first year in a 6 team finals format.
Good luck to all teams this weekend

I'm not a fan of the Matchday experience. It worked out well for the ANU Ainslie prelims but I think it's not necessary to be having clubs play at a neutral venue based on 3rd grade results. The Yass vs ADFA final could have been played at Yass considering no gate was charged by anybody. I think the Div 4 guys and the club as a whole work just as hard and should get that opportunity.

What's everyone's thoughts on the finals structure? I find it a bit rough on Molongolo that they finish first, have one final, lose and are out. That's not taking anything away from Woden I just think it's a bit rough on the side who finishes first to only get one crack. Was interested in what others thought of the system as it's the first year in a 6 team finals format.
Good luck to all teams this weekend

It is an interesting one. Obviously great to have more sides playing in finals, which when you consider the amount of games and byes etc is a good thing. Perhaps would have loved it more if finishing on the ladder was a bigger advantage than a week off, in 4s it didn't mean much especially as neither side that had the week off had a 'home advantage'. I think especially for a side like Yass they earned a home final.

Think having two Elimination finals for example first week have 1v2 (loser stays in), 3v4 and 5v6, winner of 3v4 plays the winner of 1v2 for a spot in the grand final against winner of 3v4, loser of 1v2 gets a second chance and plays the winner of 5v6.

From there the winner of the 1v3or4 goes through to Grand final and gets a week off, the loser plays the winner of 2v5or6 in a Preliminary Final, with the winner to join the other team in the Grand Final.

I know the Hume League run a 6 team finals series that gives the top two 2 chances
Week1: 1 & 2 bye
Elimination games 3v6 & 4v5
Week 2: 1v2 (winner goes to GF)
Elimination - Winner of 3v6 plays winner of 4v5
Week 3: loser of 1v2 plays winner of elimination game in Week 2
Week 4: GF

To me if the league stays the same and it's a 6 team finals setup this would be the fairest finals system to adopt. It means an extra week of finals but rewards the top 2 significantly more than the way it was this year

Personally i didnt think there was anything wrong with the old top 5 setup . This years top 6 We came within a point of seeing both minor premiers knocked out in there first week of finals .

Didn't really understand the benefit of 1&2 myself. Actually thought coming 3rd your in prime position. We all know how much momentum means during finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back